ARB High Output On-Board Air Compressor Under the Hood JK Installation Write-Up

Toxic

Does this same setup apply for using the ARB dual compressor?

No it won't work.

ARB Compressor Mount Bracket
EVO-1097 ARB Compressor Mount Bracket Cleanly mounts the ARB small and large Compressers (not twin) high in the engine compartment. Fits all year JKs, 2012 included Simple install with factory hardware. No drill or cutting Laser Cut, CNC bent Corrosion resistant coating

20130717_175701 (1280x960).jpg

Ldogg

Dose that compressor also fill the tires?

Yes but you need the fill kit with the hose and connector. That's not included with the compressor. That's the part including the adapter for yhe pressure switch thats sticking up with the ring in the pic below. That comes in the ARB hose kit.

I can fill the stock 32 BFG mud on my rubicon from 20 back to 37 in 2 minutes per tire.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375574795.280068.jpg

Last edited:

Krieger

So I wonder how long it would take to
Fill a 37"
I'm thinking about getting this setup but
I'm kinda on the fence.
I really like what I've herd about the dual
but mounting it seems to be a little harder.

JeepFan

Hooked
I have this setup on my JK and love it. Install was a breeze using Eddie's write up. I run 37" Toyos and can air up from 12 to 28 psi in about 6 minutes.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I have this setup on my JK and love it. Install was a breeze using Eddie's write up. I run 37" Toyos and can air up from 12 to 28 psi in about 6 minutes.

Hey Tony. Sharkey said mine wasn't airing up as fast as yours when you went out together last month. Is the 6 minutes for each tire or total? I know I can't air all mine up in 6 minutes.

Krieger

Ok thanks, you just helped me make up my mind. This setup looks great. One more question. Dose the compressor kit come with one switch to operate both lockers? or do I need to buy a front locker switch?

JeepFan

Hooked
Hey Tony. Sharkey said mine wasn't airing up as fast as yours when you went out together last month. Is the 6 minutes for each tire or total? I know I can't air all mine up in 6 minutes.

Yours did seem a little slower. My pump takes 6 minutes for each tire. When I aired up your tires I thought I ran the pump about 5 minutes. When I checked the pressure, the gauge read 40 psi. Maybe Sharkey didn't air down that much or I lost track of time. Lol. Anyway, after letting out a little hot air, Sharkey was good to go. ;-D

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yours did seem a little slower. My pump takes 6 minutes for each tire. When I aired up your tires I thought I ran the pump about 5 minutes. When I checked the pressure, the gauge read 40 psi. Maybe Sharkey didn't air down that much or I lost track of time. Lol. Anyway, after letting out a little hot air, Sharkey was good to go. ;-D

I think that's about where I am too. Today I was at 15 and went to 28. I'll time it next time. Thanks! :thumb:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
So I wonder how long it would take to
Fill a 37"
I'm thinking about getting this setup but
I'm kinda on the fence.
I really like what I've herd about the dual
but mounting it seems to be a little harder.

Take a peek at this alternate mounting bracket for the dual compressor setup - http://www.carolinametalmasters.com/collections/cmm-custom-products/products/cmm-billet-air-compressor-fixed-mount

There's more pictures on their website, but they found room for it under the passenger seat.

20130123_134624_1024x1024.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
its a cool mount but it looks like it wouldnt allow you to move the seat forward to let people in the back (for us 2 door peeps)

Depends if it's a flip up seat or not I guess.

At this time it will only work under the passenger seat of a JKU & the 2 door JK, NON flip up seat. The mount will also fit under driver side of the 2 door JK , NON flip up seat, with minor modifications.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Depends if it's a flip up seat or not I guess.

At this time it will only work under the passenger seat of a JKU & the 2 door JK, NON flip up seat. The mount will also fit under driver side of the 2 door JK , NON flip up seat, with minor modifications.

interesting. thank you for this

mikegronholz

FWIW to anyone interested, the marketing is correct, it does fit 2012 and early 2013. If you have a 2013.5 and up, no such luck. A lot changed half way through the model year, steering and tranny line routing, horn location and booster and master cylinder reservoir locations. The latter two affect the mounting of this bracket (in my garage, personal experience install). For starters, positive I have a mid-year 2013 ... how ? black leather seats in a 10th anniversary and the tranny/power steering lines are already rerouted over the frame rail.

So that said, where the instructions tell you to mount the pump, well, you only have 1 choice in a 2013.5+ ... rearward holes. I had to cut my bracket all the way back to the forward mounting holes to clear the reservoir for the master cylinder. All bolts tight, the bracket made contact. Second, where the bracket mounts to the fender, well, there is a horn mounted there now. So, to resolve that, one must drill a hole in the bracket, remove the horn bracket from the Jeep, shove the stud on the horn up through your new hole, and tighten down with the horn's nut. It is a very tight fit and you have to clock the horn just right too. Lastly, with paint stir sticks between the booster and bracket to ensure there will be no incessant rattling, the booster bolts are nearly dangling off the ends of the bracket. There is steel to bite on, but another 1/4" wouldn't hurt, that's for darn sure.

Remember, this is a "no drill and no cutting bracket".

I picked the design because of the weight relief off of the booster studs. So when I called ORE to attempt to help and explain some issues for the newest JK, all I got was "gee, what you got smart guy ?" as if I'm the idiot that can't install a bracket. So they walked out in the shop and promptly said "hmmm, I see what you mean". I can here it now someday "Customer error" if the bracket ever has an issue though ...

So, if you have a 2013.5+, this bracket will take you about 30-45 minutes of massaging to get in the Jeep just right.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
FWIW to anyone interested, the marketing is correct, it does fit 2012 and early 2013. If you have a 2013.5 and up, no such luck. A lot changed half way through the model year, steering and tranny line routing, horn location and booster and master cylinder reservoir locations. The latter two affect the mounting of this bracket (in my garage, personal experience install). For starters, positive I have a mid-year 2013 ... how ? black leather seats in a 10th anniversary and the tranny/power steering lines are already rerouted over the frame rail.

So that said, where the instructions tell you to mount the pump, well, you only have 1 choice in a 2013.5+ ... rearward holes. I had to cut my bracket all the way back to the forward mounting holes to clear the reservoir for the master cylinder. All bolts tight, the bracket made contact. Second, where the bracket mounts to the fender, well, there is a horn mounted there now. So, to resolve that, one must drill a hole in the bracket, remove the horn bracket from the Jeep, shove the stud on the horn up through your new hole, and tighten down with the horn's nut. It is a very tight fit and you have to clock the horn just right too. Lastly, with paint stir sticks between the booster and bracket to ensure there will be no incessant rattling, the booster bolts are nearly dangling off the ends of the bracket. There is steel to bite on, but another 1/4" wouldn't hurt, that's for darn sure.

Remember, this is a "no drill and no cutting bracket".

I picked the design because of the weight relief off of the booster studs. So when I called ORE to attempt to help and explain some issues for the newest JK, all I got was "gee, what you got smart guy ?" as if I'm the idiot that can't install a bracket. So they walked out in the shop and promptly said "hmmm, I see what you mean". I can here it now someday "Customer error" if the bracket ever has an issue though ...

So, if you have a 2013.5+, this bracket will take you about 30-45 minutes of massaging to get in the Jeep just right.

Excellent tip Mike! Hopefully you saved someone else the headache.

RamP

Any long term impressions of this compressor? I'm wondering how people who have been using it for a while feel about it.

Top Bottom