aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

Had one more issue that I can use assistance on. I had to add some steering stop to keepy tires off the reservoir fitting on my coilover's, but it looks like the ram is trying to overtravel by 1/2" and the clamp slides when the steering bottoma out. How should I address this?

IMG_1243.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Let me know if you have any ideas. I will recheck the clearance with the shock attached to the other side.. I know the tire was making hard contact with the 90* elbow that connects the reservoir. The other side may have been over traveling, because the shock was not attached pushing the stuffed tire inboard more. Thanks for your help.

Curious when you check the clearance and flex? Did you only have one coilover bolted up? That would explain the axle shifting and not aligning with bump,maybe? Just an idea.

For the bump stop alignment, the tires hitting the coilover's or both? I can pull the coils off with compressors, which makes it easier.

I put the coilover's on and the results where the same. It seems like the axle is too far forward, but my control arms are as short as they can get, so they are staying as they are until I long arm. From what I gather, the track bar is stabizes the 3rd degree of motion, so mounting the shocks had no impact other than limiting travel. I'm good with the clearance and turning radius, but will need to add a stop on the cylinder to limit steering on the hydraulics.

IMG_1247.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG
IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG
IMG_1253.JPG
IMG_1254.JPG
IMG_1255.JPGIMG_1256.JPGIMG_1257.JPG

I also measured the axle and it's only over 5/8" towards the driver side, so I may need an aftermarket track bar. How does everyone feel about the Currie?

John, You could always build a tapered washer and remount the bump stops so the bump stops are tilted a little forward to make better contact. Another thing is that you could pull the rubber out of the cup, and drill a hole off center and mount the bumpstop an inch forward. I had to do some stuff like this to make my axle swap work. Below are some pics of what I did on mine. And you can always put it back to stock using the center hole if you wanted to later.

1227161436.jpg

1227161435.jpg

Top Bottom