Ball joints

jesse3638

Hooked
So which ones did you go with? I might be the market for some soon too.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
I ended up going with Synergy ball joints and evo C-gussets. Now will put my welding skills to the test...haha.
I would recommend DynaTrac ProSteer ball joints and Evo C gussets.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I was going to go that route but after hearing how much of a PIA they are to rebuild I opted for synergy. Also the rebuild kit is about 3/4 the cost of synergy's.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiDave

I ended up going with Synergy ball joints and evo C-gussets. Now will put my welding skills to the test...haha.

I was going to go that route but after hearing how much of a PIA they are to rebuild I opted for synergy. Also the rebuild kit is about 3/4 the cost of synergy's.

Synergy's are knurled though, right. Or do they offer smooth?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Quick question. When pulling the unit bearing does it require a slide hammer like an axle shaft or will it come right out?

Have a slide hammer on hand. The clearance is so tight between the bearing and knuckle that even light rust in there can make it hard to get off.

jesse3638

Hooked
Have a slide hammer on hand. The clearance is so tight between the bearing and knuckle that even light rust in there can make it hard to get off.
Thanks! I think I'm just going to buy one of the damn things. I've rented one at least a half dozen times now...haha. Plus I can probably use it to pull my rear lca bolt when I install the rockstar skids.

jdofmemi

Here in SoCal, yours should not be rusted in like in places that have real winters.
Mine came out with a light tap.

Ruvicon

Here in SoCal, yours should not be rusted in like in places that have real winters.

I just pulled both of mine which were rusted badly. I had to use a 7 ton 3 jaw puller and barely got the passenger side off. I had to beat the shit out of it with a BFH before it finally popped loose.

jesse3638

Hooked
Yeah I'm hoping for the best being that I live in the desert.
I just pulled both of mine which were rusted badly. I had to use a 7 ton 3 jaw puller and barely got the passenger side off. I had to beat the shit out of it with a BFH before it finally popped loose.

I just want to be prepared so I'm not making multiple trips to get parts and tools..haha. Thanks for the heads up.

USMC Wrangler

Mine weren’t bad here in AZ. They needed a couple taps to come free. I did try and muscle them out at first since I had never pulled any axle shafts like this. Tapping with a hammer worked well.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I just did both the Ball Joints and new front axles.. I guess I was lucky because everything went pretty smooth.. Light taps with a hammer where needed and not a lot of rust. I've got 50 k on it but it's only a little over 2 years old. I suppose not a lot of time for the rust to set in.

black pearl

Hooked
I was completely surprised to find it so loose. I plan on pulling it into the drive way today and going over the whole front end. It was 8pm when I found it last night and was hoping retorquing it would solve it so my step son could drive it to school today. I need to check unit bearings too. Maybe I'll just do unit bearings and ball joints every 36k miles...haha. I was planning on prosteers but after hearing about how much of a PIA they are to rebuild I'll probably look at Crown or Oreilly. With selling the house I was thinking I may be able to do a PR44 when I get new tires and regear the rear in a few months, so I'm not wanting to invest a ton of money.

I must be one of the few that don’t find it bad to rebuild pro steers. The first lower was slow, but once I saw how it went it was really easy after that.

jesse3638

Hooked
I must be one of the few that don’t find it bad to rebuild pro steers. The first lower was slow, but once I saw how it went it was really easy after that.

I have no experience rebuilding them, and while I don't doubt their quality, the price point for the ball joints and the rebuild kits was a bit higher than I cared to spend right now. Also I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference in new ball joints whether it be oem, synergy, or prosteers. Any new ball joint will be better over my worn ones...[emoji6]

Top Bottom