Best coilover lift and axle choice?

Can you run 40's on the evo coil overs later if i want with out cranking the hell out of the shocks to give you the height to clear them?

Yes that's what 2013Rubirick is running and my wife runs the bolt on's in the front with 40's. They are great coilovers!

Mjay

The axle debate. Everyone has an opinion on "what's best" or "what to run". That's all.

Gotcha. I was merely suggesting to use the factory 44 with 37s and save up for a 60. Do it right once kinda thing.

For 25k I think a 60 front, trail series 60 rear and evo bolt on coilovers are attainable and will give you an extremely capable rig.

jeeper52

LOSER
Gotcha. I was merely suggesting to use the factory 44 with 37s and save up for a 60. Do it right once kinda thing.

For 25k I think a 60 front, trail series 60 rear and evo bolt on coilovers are attainable and will give you an extremely capable rig.

I agree. Im not sure why i should buy a pro rock 44 for the front. Isn't that just a stronger housing than the stock 44 but you still use all of you stock 44 internals?

Oh I get it :) but I can't count how many times someone had made a suggestion and it turns into the axle debate. That's why I commented and said don't take it the wrong way. The only person or thing that has a say in the discussion is the "budget" usually. The easy answer is 60's every time but then the budget says nope. That's all I was getting at ;)

I agree. Im not sure why i should buy a pro rock 44 for the front. Isn't that just a stronger housing than the stock 44 but you still use all of you stock 44 internals?

You can do that and save some money. The other thing you can do is build it with chromoly shafts (rcv's if you want), it comes pre geared, dynatrac ball joints, locker, etc.

JAGS

Hooked
Or maybe im confused with the g2 44 housing.

You can get the pr44 with various options for aftermarket internals and lockers or even with the 60 outers. You can also get just the housing which is still stronger than stock and better clearance/lift angles...then swap over internals.

Depends on budget and tire size. Prob not best for 40s, but great for 37s.

So basically if i do the pro rock 44 front,60 in the back and evo coil overs with long arm everything is bolt on right? So will the 44 and 60 be stock width? Or a little longer to accommodate 40's?

Depending on which long arm kit you choose, yes. As far as the width goes that's up to you. I believe the PR44 is only stock width because you can reuse your stock knuckles. If you wanted full width I believe you would have to go with the hybrid 44 which has 60 outers. That's where you pick up your width. The 60 rear can be anything you'd like. With 40's and stock width you're going to want spacers or get wider axles to start with.

MTG

Caught the Bug
The only person or thing that has a say in the discussion is the "budget" usually. The easy answer is 60's every time but then the budget says nope.

Agreed. There is no right answer to fit every situation. IMHO, unless you do not plan to go bigger than 37s and don't bomb through the desert, you might as well just run what you have until your budget allows for 60/80s. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
Agreed. There is no right answer to fit every situation. IMHO, unless you do not plan to go bigger than 37s and don't bomb through the desert, you might as well just run what you have until your budget allows for 60/80s. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :cheesy:

But you just replaced a busted stock 44 with....another stock 44.??? You missed your window of opportunity. How can we trust you now. 😉

Same thing I believe. That's the reason my wife had a PR44 and stock 44 and 37's. That was the plan but her plan changed so we had to make changes to her axles as well.

There are just so MANY options for axles and everyone usually has their budget in mind but asks for "what's best" lol.

jeeper52

LOSER
With my budget in mind what make the dana pro rock 44 front and trail 60 in the rear a better choice than just doing the 60's off the bat from dana? They are about the same cost and surely a dana 60 from dana or currie is just as good or a tad bit better than a pro rock 44?? Is it a warranty issue in the end that causes people to go with a 44 rather than a less expensive 60? Atleast if you with a 60 upfront from the get go you can later on upgrade to rcv's and better balljoints, and ujoints. With the 44 ur kinda stuck it seems.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With my budget in mind what make the dana pro rock 44 front and trail 60 in the rear a better choice than just doing the 60's off the bat from dana? They are about the same cost and surely a dana 60 from dana or currie is just as good or a tad bit better than a pro rock 44?? Is it a warranty issue in the end that causes people to go with a 44 rather than a less expensive 60? Atleast if you with a 60 upfront from the get go you can later on upgrade to rcv's and better balljoints, and ujoints. With the 44 ur kinda stuck it seems.

LOL!! So just do it already. Don't listen to any of us and just get whatever the hell it is you want. It's your money and your Jeep and clearly, it seems that you already know what you want :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
LOL!! So just do it already. Don't listen to any of us and just get whatever the hell it is you want. It's your money and your Jeep and clearly, it seems that you already know what you want :yup:

Ha ha. Agreed....déjà vu. We've come full circle again.

Don't ask for "best," then come back with "this is just as good for less $$$ right?"

For a second, I thought he was reading. 😟

jeeper52

LOSER
Lol I'm not trying to be dense or rehash the same thing but seriously what is the advantages of the prorock 44 over the 60's by either dana or currie?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol I'm not trying to be dense or rehash the same thing but seriously what is the advantages of the prorock 44 over the 60's by either dana or currie?

LOL!! But you are rehashing what's already been covered or you are just dense. You clearly want a 60 and within your budge so just get one.

jeeper52

LOSER
LOL!! But you are rehashing what's already been covered or you are just dense. You clearly want a 60 and within your budge so just get one.

I just skimmed over what everyone has said to make sure i didn't miss something. Sorry i haven't seen where anyone has explained why a pro rock44 is better built than the competition's 60's.

Top Bottom