BETTER STRONGER FASTER : Making Moby Great Again - MOTECH 6.2L L86 w/10-Speed

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Awesome build! My wife’s Suburban has the L83, and it’s a great engine. I’m sure the L86 with the 10 speed will be amazing in a JK.

Has Moby cross the quarter million mile mark yet?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

12-mile

This definitely has my attention!
That 10 speed hooked up to the new 6.2L is going to be amazing.
The Escalade is a giant heavy beast and it moves right along.
Cant wait to see what Moby can do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
2011 JK
2015 Grand Cherokee ecodiesel

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Can’t wait to see what Robbie does with it!

Question tho, this is mainly Robbie but you as well Eddie. Does he plan on swapping the DOD lifters our for solid state lifters? Recently at work (I work at a GMC dealer) I have been replacing a decent amount of bent push rods on the DOD cylinders. We also had 2 cop cars have the DOD lifters wipe out the cam shafts. I believe this happens from it being in 4cyl mode then if you romp on the throttle to pass someone the reactivation of the lifters causes this.

WJCO

Meme King
Question tho, this is mainly Robbie but you as well Eddie. Does he plan on swapping the DOD lifters our for solid state lifters? Recently at work (I work at a GMC dealer) I have been replacing a decent amount of bent push rods on the DOD cylinders.

I've been seeing a few of these recently at work as well, hell even saw one today. 6.2 with a DOD collapsed lifter and bent pushrod.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Wow I can’t imagine a 10 speed [emoji50] that’s going to be amazing! Can’t wait to see videos.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A little advance prep for the 2020 Ultimate Hardcore JKX?

maybe..... :crazyeyes:

Awesome upgrade. Any idea how many miles are on the engine? I think that engine cover needs a Jeep or Wayalife decal on it.

Honestly, I don't know but I'll try to find out. Just glad Robbie had something to work with. :yup:

Awesome build! My wife’s Suburban has the L83, and it’s a great engine. I’m sure the L86 with the 10 speed will be amazing in a JK.

Has Moby cross the quarter million mile mark yet?

Not quite but close. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can’t wait to see what Robbie does with it!

Question tho, this is mainly Robbie but you as well Eddie. Does he plan on swapping the DOD lifters our for solid state lifters? Recently at work (I work at a GMC dealer) I have been replacing a decent amount of bent push rods on the DOD cylinders. We also had 2 cop cars have the DOD lifters wipe out the cam shafts. I believe this happens from it being in 4cyl mode then if you romp on the throttle to pass someone the reactivation of the lifters causes this.

I've been seeing a few of these recently at work as well, hell even saw one today. 6.2 with a DOD collapsed lifter and bent pushrod.

Okay, talked to Robbie and what I was told is that the problem was mainly on 2014 and 2015 engines. Apparently, the problem got sorted out by 2016 and he hasn't seen any failures on 2017's.

WJCO

Meme King
Okay, talked to Robbie and what I was told is that the problem was mainly on 2014 and 2015 engines. Apparently, the problem got sorted out by 2016 and he hasn't seen any failures on 2017's.

Great news :thumb:

I'm sure it wouldn't have really been an issue for you anyways since you're such a gentle driver.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Great news :thumb:

I'm sure it wouldn't have really been an issue for you anyways since you're such a gentle driver.

Riiiiight

VIDEO : CODE 3 Desert Pursuit - JK-8 Off-Road Police Interceptor vs. Moby

Last edited:

jdofmemi

That's sweet.

It seems Moby is putting it firmly in place that HE is the big brother, and Jet Li will always be the little brother 😁

SLO

Awesome, Eddie! I really wish I would have just had Robbie throw in the LT when I had mine back down this summer. It’s working great now but the LT is just such a better engine. Where does the 10-speed transmission come from? Did I miss that in your post? I didn’t think there was a 10-speed option. I drove a L86 with a 8L90 and it was amazing.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the video. How is that the first time I’ve heard of the 10L90? So regretting not going LT.

Last edited:

robx251

Caught the Bug
That's sweet.

It seems Moby is putting it firmly in place that HE is the big brother, and Jet Li will always be the little brother 😁

Same here. I was honestly concerned that Moby might be put by the wayside because of Jet and the JT. I am glad that Moby will live on and is not being forgotten. This makes me Happy :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Top Bottom