BETTER STRONGER FASTER : Making Moby Great Again - MOTECH 6.2L L86 w/10-Speed

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Awesome, Eddie! I really wish I would have just had Robbie throw in the LT when I had mine back down this summer. It’s working great now but the LT is just such a better engine. Where does the 10-speed transmission come from? Did I miss that in your post? I didn’t think there was a 10-speed option. I drove a L86 with a 8L90 and it was amazing.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the video. How is that the first time I’ve heard of the 10L90? So regretting not going LT.

10L90 is currently only in the Camaro ZL1. I believe GM is going to put it in trucks in the coming year

Edit-10L80 is in late 18 to current truck/suv models.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great news :thumb:

I'm sure it wouldn't have really been an issue for you anyways since you're such a gentle driver.

Right?! :D

That's sweet.

It seems Moby is putting it firmly in place that HE is the big brother, and Jet Li will always be the little brother 😁

Oh yeah, Moby will always be big brother. :yup:

This is awesome! I can’t wait to see Moby running!!

You and me both! :crazyeyes:

[emoji23]🤣

Congrats Eddie! Love to see the never ending evolution of Moby.

Thank you. He's still our favorite :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome, Eddie! I really wish I would have just had Robbie throw in the LT when I had mine back down this summer. It’s working great now but the LT is just such a better engine. Where does the 10-speed transmission come from? Did I miss that in your post? I didn’t think there was a 10-speed option. I drove a L86 with a 8L90 and it was amazing.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the video. How is that the first time I’ve heard of the 10L90? So regretting not going LT.

10L90 is currently only in the Camaro ZL1. I believe GM is going to put it in trucks in the coming year

Edit-10L80 is in late 18 to current truck/suv models.

What cozdude said ^^^^

Robbie's been encouraging us to do this for a while now. Nothing wrong with the LS, the LT just feels more modern. Like the difference between driving a JL versus a JK only better. JK is still a great platform but the all new 8-speed auto on the JL just makes it feel nicer.

This is really bad ass Eddie! Can’t wait to see Moby finished up.

Thank you :)

Same here. I was honestly concerned that Moby might be put by the wayside because of Jet and the JT. I am glad that Moby will live on and is not being forgotten. This makes me Happy :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

LOL - yeah, that won't happen. Moby is at a point where he's just so much funner to drive and wheel. Not that our other Jeeps aren't fun, Moby is just dialed in way more. I'd love to think that our JL could get to that point some day but it's far from it at this point and time.

So cool! Love seeing Moby getting some love. CA compliant engine?... hmmm

LOL - there's a reason why we don't live in CA.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
This is really exciting. I'm a sucker for V8's no matter how great the v6's are getting. Of course the extra tranny gears are a huge part of the efficiency there, but I still like the crazy power and sound of the big boy motor.:D

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Awesome!! Just catching up on the threads definitely following along on this one! I thought that Moby couldn’t get any better I was wrong on that one lol [emoji38]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - well, truth be told, our MPG did go up after installing the LS. With the old 3.8L, we were only getting about 8-9 mpg. With the LS, we were seeing 11-13 mpg. The new 10-speed "might" help even more if we can stay off the skinny pedal :crazyeyes:

Brute

Hooked
LOL - well, truth be told, our MPG did go up after installing the LS. With the old 3.8L, we were only getting about 8-9 mpg. With the LS, we were seeing 11-13 mpg. The new 10-speed "might" help even more if we can stay off the skinny pedal :crazyeyes:

Hard to do...when the right foot feels a direct connection to a shitload of horses...the grin factor begins to take over.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to do...when the right foot feels a direct connection to a shitload of horses...the grin factor begins to take over.

LOL - spoken like someone who might know something about this :crazyeyes:

How the hell did I miss this? I can’t wait to see the result!

LOL - it's just the time of year. Hell, I almost couldn't find the time to get this thread going.

That 10 speed is gonna be dope. Assuming no integration issues.

Nope. Motech has got it figured out :)

A.J.

Here I am all excited about a used 5.7 Hemi conversion and then I read this. [emoji17] I just don’t have the cubic dollars to keep up. That is going to be so bad ass! Between the recent suspension upgrade and now the new engine/trans! Man you are really pushing up the level! All without wearing yoga pants. (as far as we know anyway) lol!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom