BETTER STRONGER FASTER : Making Moby Great Again - MOTECH 6.2L L86 w/10-Speed

WJCO

Meme King
Okay, talked to Robbie this morning and it looks like Moby is up and running and with the full single module system - WOOHOO!! He's gonna be doing some tests this week and we might be stopping by next week for an update. :rock:

Very cool. Hope to see it running soon.

jeeeep

Hooked
Okay, talked to Robbie this morning and it looks like Moby is up and running and with the full single module system - WOOHOO!! He's gonna be doing some tests this week and we might be stopping by next week for an update. :rock:

woohoo! looking forward to your review on this, my 2010 JKU is asking a makeover lol

Full single module system? does this mean it's no longer FCA/Chev separate systems?

robx251

Caught the Bug
That's fantastic! Can't wait to see him in action again!

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just watched the video. Just so much power. Can’t wait to see it back in Eddie’s hands.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
WTF was that ugly ass monstrosity next to Moby at the beginning? :icon_crazy:

Cool vid. Sounds great!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Getting real close now. It's been so crazy hot down in Vegas that I've been content not to push things along more than they need to be. Super excited to drive Moby again though. :yup:

As far as the monstrosity goes, you'd be surprised at how many there are over at Motech at any given time. Moby looks old and boring compared to some. :crazyeyes:

jesse3638

Hooked
Getting real close now. It's been so crazy hot down in Vegas that I've been content not to push things along more than they need to be. Super excited to drive Moby again though. :yup:

As far as the monstrosity goes, you'd be surprised at how many there are over at Motech at any given time. Moby looks old and boring compared to some. :crazyeyes:
I believe the correct word is nostalgic...haha.

Can't wait to see the vid and review of it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bhaner

In the latest video he says something about converting the L86 to a LT1.

I was under the impression that the two were very close to the same already. With the exception of the accessory drive and intake.

Can you give some details on that conversion? Maybe a little on why it was done?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There is nothing old and boring about Moby! I wish Bearbait was as awesome as Moby!

LOL - Honestly, he's still our favorite. For anyone who's had the pleasure of driving him or taking a ride in him over big shit hard and fast, they know how amazing he really is. :yup:

I really can't wait for a review on this. I have the same engine and trans in the shed waiting for install.

Hoping to make that happen sooner than later. Early on, Robbie said it would take a while and I was fine with that being that we just got our Gladiator and wanted to spend time with it.

In the latest video he says something about converting the L86 to a LT1.

I was under the impression that the two were very close to the same already. With the exception of the accessory drive and intake.

Can you give some details on that conversion? Maybe a little on why it was done?

They're essentially the same engine, the L86 is just the truck version. Robbie changed out the intake to make it an LT1.

Top Bottom