Bitter taste about this forum...

The only thing that pisses me off about this forum is that I have to come up with more excuses to the wife to spend more money on the jeep.... 

You are going about it all wrong. First thing is act like you are content with what you have and then take her out wheeling. For instance if you want to get bigger tires then take the line that you will drag or get hung up. Once you get hung up make a comment like "if we had 35's we would not get hung up". This will also work for getting a lift as well. Second trick is to take her someplace that has some built up Jeeps and show her how they look and make comments like "our Jeep can look just like that". Once the hints have been dropped start a build plan on how and you want to proceed. I have found with my wife that if it is written on paper with a time line she is more receptive. Bottom line if you make the mods her idea chances are you will get better reception. Whatever you do, do not leave catalogs open with ideas it will just back fire.

Good luck.

R/
Will

JAGS

Hooked
You are going about it all wrong. First thing is act like you are content with what you have and then take her out wheeling. For instance if you want to get bigger tires then take the line that you will drag or get hung up. Once you get hung up make a comment like "if we had 35's we would not get hung up". This will also work for getting a lift as well. Second trick is to take her someplace that has some built up Jeeps and show her how they look and make comments like "our Jeep can look just like that". Once the hints have been dropped start a build plan on how and you want to proceed. I have found with my wife that if it is written on paper with a time line she is more receptive. Bottom line if you make the mods her idea chances are you will get better reception. Whatever you do, do not leave catalogs open with ideas it will just back fire.

Good luck.

R/
Will

Some good stuff here will. Many of which I already follow. As you noted with the catalog, Never discuss the actual costs of any specific item, unless directly asked. And make sure you save a little extra to buy something nice for the Mrs. 😉👍😂

REKLESS-RED

Some good stuff here will. Many of which I already follow. As you noted with the catalog, Never discuss the actual costs of any specific item, unless directly asked. And make sure you save a little extra to buy something nice for the Mrs. 

X2!!! :thumb: :thumb: This for that type deal. You spend a good chunk of change on jeep parts, buy her some new shoes or a purse, all parties will be happy in the household.

Good luck.

R/
Will

^^^ exactly this ^^^ We got our new JK as my wife's DD so I didn't want to highly modify it so I went with 2.5 inch lift and 33's but she 'wouldn't drive it until it looked cooler', she said 'I want a bumper and a winch and lights...' so I DID ! Then we went to Moab a couple of times and we started out on easier trails and all is good until we moved up the trail rating each time and until we couldn't make up the two and three foot ledges with the same high centering problem and the rigs in front of us with 35 and 37's were making it.... the sweet words out of her mouth were "We need more lift and bigger tires or we're not coming back"...EVO enforcer is on order and she is pricing 37's !!!!:thumb::clap2::2thumbsup::applaudit:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Some good stuff here will. Many of which I already follow. As you noted with the catalog, Never discuss the actual costs of any specific item, unless directly asked. And make sure you save a little extra to buy something nice for the Mrs. 😉👍😂

Lol, Mrs Jags told my wife how to hide clothes purchases from her husband. She said the same thing you did!

She told her to say, oh I've had that for awhile. I've just never worn it.

Next time you buy a part, tell her you have had it for awhile, you just haven't had the time to install it.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
IDK...how about you just man the fuck up and buy what you want?

Having to hide stuff from your SO or having to buy them something too is a fool's play.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Having to hide stuff from your SO or having to buy them something too is a fool's play.

Yep. This causes problems between the wife and I. I would always ask her if it was ok to buy stuff to make sure it wasn't going to hurt us financially. She use to not return the favor and racked up some credit card debit that I didn't know about. Now we don't have any credit cards and we talk about a lot of stuff money wise. Not little crap like grabbing lunch or stopping and getting a pop or something. Over $100 and we better be talking though.

noroad

Lol, Mrs Jags told my wife how to hide clothes purchases from her husband. She said the same thing you did!

Next time you buy a part, tell her you have had it for awhile, you just haven't had the time to install it.

HAHAHA this is great!!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

That's right order that shit and let the UPS man surprise her..

JAGS

Hooked

That'd be fucking hilarious if true. That's a long running joke in my fam starting with my mom and dad. We tell that same story all the time and my wife pulls that line all the time. I honestly don't care what my wife buys and she doesn't really care what I buy. We still even have separate bank accounts.

And that would actually be the truth with Jags :cheesy:

You mean JAGS hiding his clothes and shoes purchases? :yup: :cheesy:

You two shut your mouths. :mad: ;)

That's right order that shit and let the UPS man surprise her..

I surprised the wife with a roll cage, that she now wants installed cause its taking up garage space. Wanting to install and time to install are two different things. I need an eighth day of the week.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
That'd be fucking hilarious if true. That's a long running joke in my fam starting with my mom and dad. We tell that same story all the time and my wife pulls that line all the time. I honestly don't care what my wife buys and she doesn't really care what I buy. We still even have separate bank accounts.

You two shut your mouths. :mad: ;)

I surprised the wife with a roll cage, that she now wants installed cause its taking up garage space. Wanting to install and time to install are two different things. I need an eighth day of the week.

She was a couple drinks in., she's a terrible influence ,.

DA RUNT

Hey, this is a bitter taste thread not a how to buy parts and trick your spouse into thinking you've had them or need them. Back on topic, it makes me bitter how we always derail a thread :cheesy:

Top Bottom