Build of my JKU

fiend

Caught the Bug
Don't have one, but from what I have read I think it pulls A Pillars in. Kind of buckling wind shield frame. I could be wrong.

I think this accurately describes it. The outside corners of the freedom panels don’t sit as they used to, leading to wind noise.

I had to put some spacers between the clamps and the roll bar of my top cage bar. There’s a thread on it somewhere but I’m not going to try to dig it up. Helped a little but still have the issue. If I lived in a place with a lot of rain I’d be pretty bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Just don't think that the ends of the clamps have to touch in order to work. I don't believe there were any torque specs on the bolts, so tighten them so they're good and snug & leave it at that.
Mine leaked in the middle so I'm sure that the A pillars were tweaked in.

MericaMade

Just don't think that the ends of the clamps have to touch in order to work. I don't believe there were any torque specs on the bolts, so tighten them so they're good and snug & leave it at that.
Mine leaked in the middle so I'm sure that the A pillars were tweaked in.
Ok and that makes sense. I took a close look at mine and can see if I tighten up the top crossbar bracket it all the way it could pull in the A pillars.

I have watched the install video about five times. Did you have to grind the screws on the bar clamps for clearance and/or take off a little bit of the fiberglass off the freedom top?

Ddays

Hooked
Ok and that makes sense. I took a close look at mine and can see if I tighten up the top crossbar bracket it all the way it could pull in the A pillars.

I have watched the install video about five times. Did you have to grind the screws on the bar clamps for clearance and/or take off a little bit of the fiberglass off the freedom top?

Ya, I had to slightly notch the tops on both sides. If you end up having to do that, watch how deep you go because they really aren't as thick as you would think. :rolleyes2:

Those side pieces are fun trying to figure how they get in place, eh? LOL, I was scratching my head on those until you get it to go in and it's like, "well that ended up being easy". Kinda like one of those bent nail puzzles....

MericaMade

Ya, I had to slightly notch the tops on both sides. If you end up having to do that, watch how deep you go because they really aren't as thick as you would think. :rolleyes2:

Those side pieces are fun trying to figure how they get in place, eh? LOL, I was scratching my head on those until you get it to go in and it's like, "well that ended up being easy". Kinda like one of those bent nail puzzles....

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just used a rubber hammer LOL. Everything just got the first coat of paint. I'm going to spend the day giving it all a few coats and will start the final install tomorrow. I appreciate the input from you guys, helps me not chase my tail.

Ddays

Hooked
Came out great! I started trimming the plastic trim pieces for the A pillar and quickly tired of pissing around with them. Yours came out really good.

MericaMade

Came out great! I started trimming the plastic trim pieces for the A pillar and quickly tired of pissing around with them. Yours came out really good.
Would you be so kind the post a picture of yours without the plastics I'm kind of liking that rugged look.

Top Bottom