Build of my JKU

MericaMade

You guys mind elaborating on how you got to this point and the parts needed to accomplish this? I’d really like to clean up the rear frame section by relocating the hard lines. What was all involved to get the result you guys now have? I just bought a set of pro rock 60’s and my rig is in the current state as mericamade rig. Figured while it’s down might aswell make a few small adjustments.

Two ways.. You can hand bend the existing lines to move to them to the new location or splice and flare a new hardline in. I was able to bend the passenger side and make it work just fine. I broke the driver hardline and already had a temp fix so I needed to add some length to it. On the drive side I cut and added a new hardline near the frame under the rear door. There is a oval hole in the shock perch that you drill out to fit the top of the the steel braided line through. You can also pulled up RockJocks or Currie rear antirocker instructions that cover this relocation but it is little farther back on the perch and you drill a new hole. Then use the U clip to hold it in place. If you want some more photos let me know.

Also, I did get 2 inch longer steel brake lines since I moved the mounting location up and inside the frame. Might not been needed but since one of my rear line was barley hanging on, I just went with new ones.

I copied JKBrick and his is a lot nicer looking.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Totally fun reading through this. I made the jump to 60s and 40s a few months ago. Can't wait to see the next update when the big crates arrive!

MericaMade

OK for reference Mopar vs Dorman

Dorman on Amazon 49 inch long $10.22 each. My buddy runs these and says they work just fine.

Mopar 49 inch long 39.99 each. 20210204_155303.jpg 20210131_133555.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Oh this came out great. Before and after and I finally have the proper adjustments. I was able to hang on the carrier and it slid right into place.

Before
20210117_165917.jpg
After
20210204_165053.jpg
Before
20210117_165926.jpg
After
20210204_165045.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

That looks like it came out really good Alan.

I was sceptical about your plan, and the amount of work for what you wanted to do, but since you ended up with plenty of time while waiting for your axles, it worked for you👍👍👍

MericaMade

Looks good - now you can enjoy it instead of cussin' at it :thumb:

Yeah before the only thing I could do to counter the weight was picking one side up as high as I could and tighten the other. As soon as the tire carrier would hit something It was fight to open and close it.

That looks like it came out really good Alan.

I was sceptical about your plan, and the amount of work for what you wanted to do, but since you ended up with plenty of time while waiting for your axles, it worked for you������

Thanks Jerry. Yeah I have gone over the entire Jeep front to back twice now LOL. Jeep has been on Jacks the entire month of January. I am still waiting on the wheels, 1 tire, and the axles. I'll be lucky if I get it off stands before the end of Feb. :doh:

MericaMade

Wonderful, great news pouring in all day. I was just told that the axles and wheels that were ordered Mid to late December now wont be here till sometime in fucking March. This is ridiculous!

Ddays

Hooked
Wonderful, great news pouring in all day. I was just told that the axles and wheels that were ordered Mid to late December now wont be here till sometime in fucking March. This is ridiculous!

Man, that sucks. They must be really busy. 4 months is crazy.

MericaMade

Should have ordered fusions...

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah, I was already on their site but its a few thousand more for them, Currie, and UD's. It's now going to be 6 weeks longer than promised and could be longer. Not happy at the moment.

Well guess I am in no rush to buy lug nuts anymore … like coach says.... It's fucking embarrassing.

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Extensive production delays seem to be a consistent gripe about Dynatrac.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom