Build of my JKU

wjtstudios

Hooked
Anything else you can think of I might need to order before the axles get here? Oh and is that all Bill, just a DTD, easy fix lol.

🤷*♂️ solves the problem

I had to modify the driver front spring perch. It likes to smack the track bar frame mount.

We had to grind down the steering stops to get max turn out if the ram and tire setups.

We all modified our rear track bar brackets. Mine still made contact with bracket as the driver rear coilover would rotate to where it would still clip the track bar bolt head. If I tie the Rez back to the upper mount to keep from making contact.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Anything else you can think of I might need to order before the axles get here? Oh and is that all Bill, just a DTD, easy fix lol.

No one likes or uses their their rod it seems. I bought a 7075 one from Bubba and a coupe spare ends just in case. I'm using a stock drag link along with the spacer Dynatrac ships with the axle but no reason an aftermarket one won't work.
I can't think of anything else but I'll look over mine tonight and see if anything jogs my memory.

One thing I did on mine was remove the coil mounts on the rear axle. Strictly a cosmetic thing. I'd also think about throwing on a decent paint job. Their paint leaves a little to be desired. I think I'm gonna hit mine up with black rustoleum and a brush to get a good coat on them.

MericaMade

No one likes or uses their their rod it seems. I bought a 7075 one from Bubba and a coupe spare ends just in case. I'm using a stock drag link along with the spacer Dynatrac ships with the axle but no reason an aftermarket one won't work.
I can't think of anything else but I'll look over mine tonight and see if anything jogs my memory.

One thing I did on mine was remove the coil mounts on the rear axle. Strictly a cosmetic thing. I'd also think about throwing on a decent paint job. Their paint leaves a little to be desired. I think I'm gonna hit mine up with black rustoleum and a brush to get a good coat on them.

Ok, I will keep the tie-rod in the back of my mind, I did not know the DT one is unlinked. I jumped over to Exodus site but that doesn't come up either anymore SMH. Well at least I am getting a list of what to look out for going in.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
🤷*♂️ solves the problem

I had to modify the driver front spring perch. It likes to smack the track bar frame mount.

We had to grind down the steering stops to get max turn out if the ram and tire setups.

We all modified our rear track bar brackets. Mine still made contact with bracket as the driver rear coilover would rotate to where it would still clip the track bar bolt head. If I tie the Rez back to the upper mount to keep from making contact.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Just to add on what Bill said...I had my rear TB bracket cut off, clocked back a little and re-welded so the reservoir wasn’t making contact. I can’t remember but did you trim both the rear CO brackets to clear the adjusters? I have no issues with my TR and the frame. I run the Fusion fill steering and have not one complaint.

jdofmemi

Exodus site is fubar now, but you can email Bubba and he will hook you up.

I ordered rocker skins for my non running Jeep that way.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Also...not sure on your battery tray situation but after chewing away most of mine my front res hose has still rubbed through. I’m not sure what I’m doing there. Either going dual battery tray like Bill which provides plenty of hose clearance or rerouting the reservoir with some brackets Jerry hooked me up with.

Ddays

Hooked
Ok, I will keep the tie-rod in the back of my mind, I did not know the DT one is unlinked. I jumped over to Exodus site but that doesn't come up either anymore SMH. Well at least I am getting a list of what to look out for going in.

I did not do anything with my steering stops - I left them as-is. My wheels are 3.5 BS FWIW. The turning radius hasn't bothered me yet so I haven't messed with that since install. Like WCJ said, just email Bubba and he can get you set up with a TR if you want to go that route.

Edit: And I kept the DT TR as a spare.

MericaMade

Just to add on what Bill said...I had my rear TB bracket cut off, clocked back a little and re-welded so the reservoir wasn’t making contact. I can’t remember but did you trim both the rear CO brackets to clear the adjusters? I have no issues with my TR and the frame. I run the Fusion fill steering and have not one complaint.

No, I did not get adjustable this time around, but will add once I do a service to them. Thanks for the info on the fusion TB as well.

Exodus site is fubar now, but you can email Bubba and he will hook you up.

I ordered rocker skins for my non running Jeep that way.

I like easy online ordering. I loved just adding stuff to the cart and checking out under the profile on his site.

Also...not sure on your battery tray situation but after chewing away most of mine my front res hose has still rubbed through. I’m not sure what I’m doing there. Either going dual battery tray like Bill which provides plenty of hose clearance or rerouting the reservoir with some brackets Jerry hooked me up with.

Yeah, I just finish addressing that issues. As it sits now they are not rubbing anymore but I did lower the rezi just a tab and put a little more loop in them making the rubber hose sit off the tray. Well see what happen once I fit it all up.

I did not do anything with my steering stops - I left them as-is. My wheels are 3.5 BS FWIW. The turning radius hasn't bothered me yet so I haven't messed with that since install. Like WCJ said, just email Bubba and he can get you set up with a TR if you want to go that route.

Edit: And I kept the DT TR as a spare.
Will do.

On another note do you think you guys will be coming out to Moab or Sand Hallow this year?

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s a good call on fusion TR and DL. The punishment that I’ve seen those TR take and stay perfectly straight is insane. Definitely worth the investment

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

Does this mean high or low pinion rear?

Dynatrac Complete Pro60 Standard-Cut Full Float 8x6.5“ Rear Axle
Assembly, Includes:
- Pro60 Standard-Cut Heavy Duty Nodular Iron Full Float Rear Axle Housing
- Housing Geometry and Pinion Angle for Lifted JK Suspension
- Axle Width 68.5”

Last edited:

JKbrick

Assembly, Includes:
- Axle Width 68.5”

I believe reverse cut gears are in the high pinion but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked

Assembly, Includes:
- Axle Width 68.5”

Did you get the Hardcore package? If so it comes with the standard cut gears and low pinion like this

Rear FF60.jpg

MericaMade

Did you get the Hardcore package? If so it comes with the standard cut gears and low pinion like this

View attachment 359562

Yeah that's what I ordered and paid for 9 weeks and 1 day ago and will be waiting for another 3-4 weeks. I am regretting the purchase right now. If I could get my hands on a set of UD60s or Curries I would cancel DT.

Edit. My anger got in the way... Thank you Jerry for the answer!

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yeah that's what I ordered and paid for 9 weeks and 1 day ago and will be waiting for another 3-4 weeks. I am regretting the purchase right now. If I could get my hands on a set of UD60s or Curries I would cancel DT.

That's fucking insane. Sorry man.

wjtstudios

Hooked

Damn that sucks. Sorry Alan

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked

Totally understandable - That's a ridiculous amount of time. And it's not just them - factory orders are crazy lead times right now for most anything. :naw:

WJCO

Meme King

Did they tell you what the hold up is?

Top Bottom