Build of my JKU

Elroy231

Thats pretty shitty news for sure. We want our builds done as soon as we can. Delays in shipments sure can piss a guy off.
On a positive note, when things do arrive and its together the victory laps will be sweet!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Last edited:

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Wonderful, great news pouring in all day. I was just told that the axles and wheels that were ordered Mid to late December now wont be here till sometime in fucking March. This is ridiculous!

That always sucks. I'm going through the same thing with my half door order. Bought in October. Like clock work I can expect an email 2 days before shipping saying there is a revised shipping date "Due to Blah Blah Blah". Yesterday got I one pushing to 1 March. I'm not going to hold my breath.:grayno:

MericaMade

Got to give Matt at Discount Tires a huge shout out and big THANK YOU. When I traded my 37 for 40's I traded my 5 used 37s for a set of 4 almost brand new Nitto 40s. So all I needed to do was order 1 Nitto and get into a set of 40s for $450 through Discount Tire. I ordered my KMCs prior to the tire and never thought to ask Discount about wheels. Matt was on top of the backorder with Nitto and got it shipped to me faster than I anticipated. He notified me yesterday the Nitto was on its way. I then asked if he could get me some KMCs. He immediately made a call to KMC and got me backorder status and matched the price I had locked in. I trust Discount Tire and they have never let me down, so I place the order for the wheels with Matt and fingers crossed will have in 3ish weeks. I canceled my order with other company who told me yesterday I would not have my wheels till the end of March....Maybe!

Thanks Discount Tire and Matt you rock! :rock:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Got to give Matt at Discount Tires a huge shout out and big THANK YOU. When I traded my 37 for 40's I traded my 5 used 37s for a set of 4 almost brand new Nitto 40s. So all I needed to do was order 1 Nitto and get into a set of 40s for $450 through Discount Tire. I ordered my KMCs prior to the tire and never thought to ask Discount about wheels. Matt was on top of the backorder with Nitto and got it shipped to me faster than I anticipated. He notified me yesterday the Nitto was on its way. I then asked if he could get me some KMCs. He immediately made a call to KMC and got me backorder status and matched the price I had locked in. I trust Discount Tire and they have never let me down, so I place the order for the wheels with Matt and fingers crossed will have in 3ish weeks. I canceled my order with other company who told me yesterday I would not have my wheels till the end of March....Maybe!

That is great! Discount tire is the best out there!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

WJCO

Meme King

Discount Tire has the best customer service in the automotive industry IMO. Been that way since I was a kid.

LAJK

Two ways.. You can hand bend the existing lines to move to them to the new location or splice and flare a new hardline in. I was able to bend the passenger side and make it work just fine. I broke the driver hardline and already had a temp fix so I needed to add some length to it. On the drive side I cut and added a new hardline near the frame under the rear door. There is a oval hole in the shock perch that you drill out to fit the top of the the steel braided line through. You can also pulled up RockJocks or Currie rear antirocker instructions that cover this relocation but it is little farther back on the perch and you drill a new hole. Then use the U clip to hold it in place. If you want some more photos let me know.

Also, I did get 2 inch longer steel brake lines since I moved the mounting location up and inside the frame. Might not been needed but since one of my rear line was barley hanging on, I just went with new ones.

I copied JKBrick and his is a lot nicer looking.

Thanks for the input! If I could see some more detailed pictures of how you straighten them out that’d be great. I looked up curries instructions but they don’t really have detailed pictures. They are that easy to bend that you had no problems doing it by hand?

JKbrick

Thanks for the input! If I could see some more detailed pictures of how you straighten them out that’d be great. I looked up curries instructions but they don’t really have detailed pictures. They are that easy to bend that you had no problems doing it by hand?

If you can find my thread I think I put pics of how they are done there

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Yeah I bent by hand. Go check out JKBricks build he did a way better job then me. Again, I copied him so I have him to thank.

What specific lug nuts are required for the dynatracs? Also what are you plans for steering? Will you be sticking with the provided steering or going to something different? I personally don’t like how low the hydro ram mounts below the tie rod.
I learned not to go against the grain anymore. If Jerry, Bill, and Jeff are running 3 inch 9/16-18 lugs I know I wont have issues. As far a steering, I upgraded to the PSC Big Bore with hydro assist.

Yeah, it never ends.

While we are on the topic of it never ending, you will probably need to adjust your rear track bar mount at the axle. The coilover Rez likes to make contact. It’s not pretty
2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I know you are running Fusion but you think it that same issue with DT?

If you can find my thread I think I put pics of how they are done there

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yes, very helpful.

Ddays

Hooked
I know you are running Fusion but you think it that same issue with DT?.

Yes, East coast Jerry had the same issues with his Dynatracs

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yep! I had the mount cut down and reshaped and it still hits the res. Best to address that before you even mount the axle. You'll likely need at least one longer e-brake cable as well.

This is fun shit, eh? :crazyeyes:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yep! I had the mount cut down and reshaped and it still hits the res. Best to address that before you even mount the axle. You'll likely need at least one longer e-brake cable as well.

The simplest solution is to scrap the coilovers and go to a DTD.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

The simplest solution is to scrap the coilovers and go to a DTD.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Anything else you can think of I might need to order before the axles get here? Oh and is that all Bill, just a DTD, easy fix lol.

Top Bottom