Build of my JKU

WJCO

Meme King
So for the ARB solenoid to run new front locker are you guys running the line any certain way? And do I need to purchased any special to connect the line to the new PR44?

Here's a thread that has some info about line routing: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/39497-Locker-air-line-route
In that thread, it's now been 3 years on mine and it's never come loose.

Your locker that comes with the axle will have everything needed. Likely you'll get a box next to your axle that will have any necessary parts in it. Here's a picture of how it connects to your axle (your instruction manual will show it as well):

unnamed.jpg

87-17-jeep-wrangler-YJ-TJ-JK-ARB-airlocker-differential-dana-30-27-spline-025.jpg

MericaMade

I would get the braided steel line. Mine runs up by the motor mount and under the brake lines to the compressor. Depends where your compressor mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I would not have thought of that. My compressor is mounted over the brake booster. Is the braided line just any line that fits over the air line or is it a all in one?

desertrunner

I would not have thought of that. My compressor is mounted over the brake booster. Is the braided line just any line that fits over the air line or is it a all in one?
I believe the stainless line is a whole new line it doesn't go over the plastic line. I kept the blue plastic line and after I got it all ran I put some of that black plastic electrical conduit around it to help against abrasion, so far so good and it was cheaper than the braided line

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Here's a thread that has some info about line routing: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/39497-Locker-air-line-route
In that thread, it's now been 3 years on mine and it's never come loose.

Your locker that comes with the axle will have everything needed. Likely you'll get a box next to your axle that will have any necessary parts in it. Here's a picture of how it connects to your axle (your instruction manual will show it as well):

View attachment 341591

View attachment 341592

Sweet, So the only thing I need to buy is the ARB solenoid then? Also, do I just transfer my Evo bumps stops over to the PR44 or will I need something else? Gonna go read that link you posted. Thanks!

desertrunner

Sweet, So the only thing I need to buy is the ARB solenoid then? Also, do I just transfer my Evo bumps stops over to the PR44 or will I need something else? Gonna go read that link you posted. Thanks!
The PR should come with the ARB solenoid and switch, at least mine did.

The bump stop on the PR has a hard plastic like 3/4" bump with a bolt in it so as long as the bolt for the Evo bumps fit the thread on the axle you should be able to bolt them right up.
I bought a longer bolts and drilled a hole through hockey pucks for mine. The bottom most one is the one on the PR and my 3 hockey pucks on top 20190608_151249.jpg

MericaMade

The bump stop on the PR has a hard plastic like 3/4" bump with a bolt in it so as long as the bolt for the Evo bumps fit the thread on the axle you should be able to bolt them right up.
I bought a longer bolts and drilled a hole through hockey pucks for mine. The bottom most one is the one on the PR and my 3 hockey pucks on top View attachment 341593

Ok, your picture reminded me I ended up using the King bumps that bolt on differently. Well guess I got to source new bumps. Glad I asked.

WJCO

Meme King
Sweet, So the only thing I need to buy is the ARB solenoid then?

Yep. Included.

ARBLocker_3_1.jpg

I assume you're running the ARB single compressor? If so, it already has the manifold attached so you won't need that either. If you're running the twin, you will need to buy the manifold. Either ARB compressor will already have all the wiring built into the harness to plug in the locker solenoid and switch.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I bought a longer bolts and drilled a hole through hockey pucks for mine. The bottom most one is the one on the PR and my 3 hockey pucks on top View attachment 341593

Ok, your picture reminded me I ended up using the King bumps that bolt on differently. Well guess I got to source new bumps. Glad I asked.

My PR44 doesn’t have any plastic bump. It is the same as stock.

MericaMade

Yep. Included.

View attachment 341595

I assume you're running the ARB single compressor? If so, it already has the manifold attached so you won't need that either. If you're running the twin, you will need to buy the manifold. Either ARB compressor will already have all the wiring built into the harness to plug in the locker solenoid and switch.

Yes running the single ARB and has the harness ready for plug and play. Nice, that saves me a few bucks. Almost ordered today and got busy, glad I didn't.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So your not running any bump stops? Are the the King bumps just hitting the axle?

No I have the rubber jounce stop on top but don’t have a rubber stop on the bottom. I don’t have king bumps installed on the two door. I have them, but don’t have them installed.

MericaMade

Got an email that the new axle should be ready for pickup on Friday. So, I pulled out the front axle and got it sold.

Is there any suggestion for wheel hubs or do you guys just run whatever AutoZone carries? IMG_20200321_173048_863.jpg IMG_20200321_173048_867.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom