Building of Defcon 3

GraniteCrystal

Cuts look great! May also consider some black rattle can on the interior wheel well so the fenders truly define the lines of the Jeep.

Looks good!

Defcon3JKU

Cuts look great! May also consider some black rattle can on the interior wheel well so the fenders truly define the lines of the Jeep.

Looks good!

I am considering doing this but I plan on getting the new Evo fenders and don't know how much they cover. Once I get some more info on them I'll probably make my decision then.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Defcon3JKU

So why cut fenders if replacing with Evo?

It's going to be a little while and I sold my old fenders. I had to do something until I do get them. If I didn't cut them they would rip off without the swag bar disconnected. It's just to get me by until Evo fenders get fit into the budget. Just spent a lot of money need some recovery time. I like them cut and once I can see how the Evo's will fit, then I'll be painting areas.

GraniteCrystal

It's going to be a little while and I sold my old fenders. I had to do something until I do get them. If I didn't cut them they would rip off without the swag bar disconnected. It's just to get me by until Evo fenders get fit into the budget. Just spent a lot of money need some recovery time. I like them cut and once I can see how the Evo's will fit, then I'll be painting areas.

Gotcha 👍Not too dissimilar from my plan of cutting mine but wanting MCE fenders long term.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Great "after the trail" pics!

You have an awesome rig.

At some point this spring/summer it would be great to do an Alabama meet-up at one of the off-road parks or do an unmarked trail run that someone knows about. I'm new to the state (~2 years) so I really don't know what's good or not and I don't want to be the one getting stuck in a mud bog because I didn't know better.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

Defcon3JKU

Great "after the trail" pics!

You have an awesome rig.

At some point this spring/summer it would be great to do an Alabama meet-up at one of the off-road parks or do an unmarked trail run that someone knows about. I'm new to the state (~2 years) so I really don't know what's good or not and I don't want to be the one getting stuck in a mud bog because I didn't know better.

I'm also learning the parks. Stony Lonesome is for more advanced bouncer buggies than for JEEPS. Gray Rock is a ok park but also more for the bouncers. I'm wanting to go to the park up around Chattanooga TN in July if some would want to meet up.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I'm up for that trip. What park are you looking at?

Most of the guys went to Windrock last summer but I couldn't make it due to my work schedule.

Defcon3JKU

I'm up for that trip. What park are you looking at?

Most of the guys went to Windrock last summer but I couldn't make it due to my work schedule.

Yeah. My lift is just spacers so I can't do more advanced trails. I'll put up a post when I make up my mind what weekend I can go, or work will let me that off. Thanks for the compliment on the Jeep also.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Sounds good. I travel a lot for work, so that's al ways the deciding factor for me too.

XJADDICTION

Banned
That is awesome! Great pictures! Enjoy it they grow up fast, my girls are 13 and 18 already. How did that happen?!
IMG_3390.JPG

Stock 2016 JKUHR

Defcon3JKU

Some updated pictures of Defcon 3. Got everything cleaned up for our local Jeep Go Topless day. Maybe I can bring a trophy home now that I have all the upgrades done. Took some of the JK decal ideas I have seen out there and made me a Defcon 3 decal to put on the fender as well.

IMG_3523.jpg IMG_0347.jpg IMG_0348.jpg IMG_0349.jpg IMG_3521.jpg

Top Bottom