Building of Defcon 3

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Took some of the JK decal ideas I have seen out there and made me a Defcon 3 decal to put on the fender as well.

The JK decal ideas that you have seen out there have been designed by me and are trademarked. It would have been nice if you could have at least asked for permission to use it to make your own decal.

The PROJECT-JK logo which consists of a squared off and angular single image depicting the letters 'JK' bound at the center is registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office - Registration Number: 4,918,290. Re-registered March 15, 2016. Int. Cl.: 16. Ser. No. 86-708,800.

Defcon3JKU

I crap my bad. I just googled searched JK decals and saw one that said Colorado on the bottom. I didn't actually copy and paste anything. I made it from scratch and my edges are actually rounded. If it is a big deal I can remove it from my Jeep. I was just trying to make one I liked. I honestly didn't even see the one in the store with WAYALIFE in it until y'all just posted it. I take full responsibility for this and will remove it from my Jeep. But honestly I made this from scratch and it took me 3 days to get everything rounded. I apologize for my mistake. Not trying to intrude on someone else's product. My wife and I just got one of those Cricut machines and I was just testing the software out mostly, so no big deal for me to remove the decal. Again sorry for the mix up. Didn't see the WAYALIFE one just saw the Colorado one, didn't know it was tied to your trademark/copyright. I'll link the decal I saw if it's one someone is copying, you might want to look into them or it might be one of yours I didn't know about Eddie. Sorry again.

F7BF77B2-4510-4748-A861-64349DCC30DA-4482-000012860E6D805D.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I crap my bad. I just googled searched JK decals and saw one that said Colorado on the bottom. I didn't actually copy and paste anything. I made it from scratch and my edges are actually rounded. If it is a big deal I can remove it from my Jeep. I was just trying to make one I liked. I honestly didn't even see the one in the store with WAYALIFE in it until y'all just posted it. I take full responsibility for this and will remove it from my Jeep. But honestly I made this from scratch and it took me 3 days to get everything rounded. I apologize for my mistake. Not trying to intrude on someone else's product. My wife and I just got one of those Cricut machines and I was just testing the software out mostly, so no big deal for me to remove the decal. Again sorry for the mix up. Didn't see the WAYALIFE one just saw the Colorado one, didn't know it was tied to your trademark/copyright. I'll link the decal I saw if it's one someone is copying, you might want to look into them or it might be one of yours I didn't know about Eddie. Sorry again.

View attachment 262965

Lol seriously? The points are a little less pointy makes it original? You have to zoom when in to even notice the subtle change.

Defcon3JKU

The JK decal ideas that you have seen out there have been designed by me and are trademarked. It would have been nice if you could have at least asked for permission to use it to make your own decal.

The PROJECT-JK logo which consists of a squared off and angular single image depicting the letters 'JK' bound at the center is registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office - Registration Number: 4,918,290. Re-registered March 15, 2016. Int. Cl.: 16. Ser. No. 86-708,800.

Sorry I meant to reply to your post but this is the one I saw I worked off of. You might have an issue on your hands if this is not your website. I reposted in my original post with truly sincere apologies on this matter. Please accept my apology and as stated I will remove from my Jeep with respect of your design.

http://supdec.info/catalog/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=1003&redirectCancelled=true

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sorry I meant to reply to your post but this is the one I saw I worked off of. You might have an issue on your hands if this is not your website. I reposted in my original post with truly sincere apologies on this matter. Please accept my apology and as stated I will remove from my Jeep with respect of your design.

http://supdec.info/catalog/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=1003&redirectCancelled=true

Regardless where you found it you still stole the logo lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate the link. I just sent them a cease and desist. I hope you can understand that it is important for me to protect my copyrights and I don't want others to think these JK logos are just ideas out there for people to rip off.

Defcon3JKU

Regardless where you found it you still stole the logo lol

All I can do is apologize. Didn't realize it was a trademark of WAYALIFE. If my apology will not suffice and my word upon removing from my vehicle, then I don't know what else to say or do. The last thing I won't to do is take from someone else. Not that kind of person. Like I said we were just trying out our new machine and it looked simple enough to make for our first cut, and I really liked the design for the simplicity of the decal I was wanting.

Defcon3JKU

I appreciate the link. I just sent them a cease and desist. I hope you can understand that it is important for me to protect my copyrights and I don't want others to think these JK logos are just ideas out there for people to rip off.

Yes Eddie. I would never want to mess with your products. I mean I have bought from you before. If I would have noticed that in the shop I would have probably just ordered it. I'm a paying customer of WAYALIFE and love this community. I meant no disrespect. Again I apologize.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Take a look at the store again, you may find a decal you like. Just throwing it out there, send Eddie a pm see in you can work out a deal. For example, if the purchase price is say 10 bucks a sticker and you have two, then offer him twenty for a one time use of the copyright. You have a modified sticker you like and Eddie's business gets paid a fair price for his design. Even though you paid for materials face cost is fair for allowing said modification. Don't be offended if he says no, but it's worth a try.

BTW I love EVO Commando, that thing is just a beast.

Defcon3JKU

Take a look at the store again, you may find a decal you like. Just throwing it out there, send Eddie a pm see in you can work out a deal. For example, if the purchase price is say 10 bucks a sticker and you have two, then offer him twenty for a one time use of the copyright. You have a modified sticker you like and Eddie's business gets paid a fair price for his design. Even though you paid for materials face cost is fair for allowing said modification. Don't be offended if he says no, but it's worth a try.

BTW I love EVO Commando, that thing is just a beast.

Thanks for the advice but I would rather just take off my Jeep and start working on a full original decal. I was just trying to make something simple for my first cut on our machine. I'm not here to steal from anyone. Eddie has replied to my post questions and PM questions with great advice and knowledge. I'm not going to mess with anything he has designed. Just going to start with a new, as original as I can come up with, new decal. I only lost about $1.00 of material and some time that I had to spend working with this software anyways. No big deal to remove it.

Top Bottom