Building rock sliders, 2 door pic request (so that I can rip off EVO)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have just finished my 3D plan, with my new personal logo. will chek to get them laser cut maybe :thinking: it would be nice.

View attachment 72486

And if anyone could take me some measurement on the evo 4dr slider it would be appriciated. The measurements i would need are :

- the total lenght of the bottom tube
- Distance between the center tubes (center to center)
- Distance from the sides and in between each slider to frame tubes (side to center, and center to center)

You even copied the holes from the Evo slider mount plate!!'

JAGS

Hooked
^^^^
^^^^
^^^^
So NOT really EVO inspired, but EVO knock offs made with cheap steel.:yup: And you're posting your;) work here. All good decisions :crazyeyes:

Holeshot

Banned
ok guys don't hate on me.

I do that model only because I love the design, and they are easy to do with simple tools. I will not do production of that, its for my own personal use only. I put my logo, which represent my unique work on my own/friend's rig only.

Yes, they are a copy of the evo, but guess what, I am certainly not the only one who did this to save money. I can do a pair for less than 100$, I have the time and skills to do it, so why not.

Yes, I took the measurements off a real Evo slider, why try to change something that works. It is simpler like this.

:standing wave:

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Wow, just wow. :disappointed:

What's next? Are you going to design and build your own "Holeshotlever"?

Cool that you have the skills to build stuff, sucks balls that it's not your own stuff.

Holeshot

Banned
^^^^
^^^^
^^^^
So NOT really EVO inspired, but EVO knock offs made with cheap steel.:yup: And you're posting your;) work here. All good decisions :crazyeyes:

come on man, don't say I'm a dick for doing this. Hss is no cheap steel, do some research and you will find that this is used probably a lot more than DOM in the industrial world.

If all that piss you so much, I'll just stop posting on that forum. I share my work to maybe help the guys who want to do the same thing. If you're not agree just pass your way to another thread.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I do that model only because I love the design, and they are easy to do with simple tools. I will not do production of that, its for my own personal use only. I put my logo, which represent my unique work on my own rig only.

Yes, they are a copy of the evo, but guess what, I am certainly not the only one who did this to save money. I can do a pair for less than 100$, I have the time and skills to do it, so why not.

Yes, I took the measurements off a real Evo slider, why try to change something that works. It is simpler like this.

LOL! Yeah that sure is unique.

Brankz

I do that model only because I love the design, and they are easy to do with simple tools. I will not do production of that, its for my own personal use only. I put my logo, which represent my unique work on my own rig only.

Relax relax tiger(no homo) they just messing with you

Last edited:

Holeshot

Banned
Why do you need the measurements for a four door when you have a JK? Planning on selling these?

no man, I do this with my friend who has a 4 door, and mine's a 2 door. The friend that works in the wood mill and the one who has ordered the tubings.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

I can respect that you are building your own parts. But at least change it up a bit more than that.

Brankz

come on man, don't say I'm a dick for doing this. Hss is no cheap steel, do some research and you will find that this is used probably a lot more than DOM in the industrial world.

If all that piss you so much, I'll just stop posting on that forum. I share my work to maybe help the guys who want to do the same thing. If you're not agree just pass your way to another thread.

Lmao!!!!!!!!! Why people are whining so much this days

Holeshot

Banned
Alright, I got it.

You all claim that this forum is better than others by saying we're like a familly. Familly don't hate.

You have the money to spend 700$ on sliders, thats fine and I respect that. I never been disrespectfull in anyway, so quit bitching.

JAGS

Hooked

I didn't call you a dick, but if the sleeve fits.

Even Pvan pointed out the DOM steel notation. So call it what you want.

Probably shouldn't have started a thread asking for pics of sliders for a company we all actually spend our hard earned money to support.

As others have noted, NOT YOUR work.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ingenuity from many folks on here like Pvan, Sharkey, Kreiger, and many others. It's one thing to get creative inspiration from a product and go from there. Another to do CAD renderings with exact copy-cat scale. I think this is what gets to most of us.

Brankz

Alright, I got it.

You all claim that this forum is better than others by saying we're like a familly. Familly don't hate.

You have the money to spend 700$ on sliders, thats fine and I respect that. I never been disrespectfull in anyway, so quit bitching.

We are not the ones bitching:thinking:

FYI this forum is better hands down ;)

Holeshot

Banned
I didn't call you a dick, but if the sleeve fits.

Even Pvan pointed out the DOM steel notation. So call it what you want.

Probably shouldn't have started a thread asking for pics of sliders for a company we all actually spend our hard earned money to support.

As others have noted, NOT YOUR work.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ingenuity from many folks on here like Pvan, Sharkey, Kreiger, and many others. It's one thing to get creative inspiration from a product and go from there. Another to do CAD renderings with exact copy-cat scale. I think this is what gets to most of us.

I understand you guys, trying to protect these well implanted american companies. If I had the money, you can be sure I wouldn't even think about doing them myself. It would have been a pleasure to order a pair to put on my rig. But I don't have that much money to put on sliders.

I sure do like this design, and thats why I will do it this way.

Top Bottom