Building rock sliders, 2 door pic request (so that I can rip off EVO)

Rusty

I would do slight changes in the design more than just the logo.. as to make them really yours... although the EVO’s (which I have.. AND BTW my jeep is decked in evo gear so please don’t hate on me) are proven to work under extreme conditions. I’ve come down HARD in them and dented one of the up and down tubes pretty bad... and nothing... they didn’t move an inch :clap2:

AS for one Holeshot.. as I’m already thinking about doing some modifications to them to cover the Evo logo on the side because of the terrain, it’s a pain the and ass to get the mud and other crap out of there...Especially road salt... So my suggestion to you... leave them closed...

Last edited:

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, I got it.

You all claim that this forum is better than others by saying we're like a familly. Familly don't hate.

You have the money to spend 700$ on sliders, thats fine and I respect that. I never been disrespectfull in anyway, so quit bitching.

These are the people you are disrespecting! They are my friends and are big supporters of this forum.

386988_482879518397354_1571142470_n.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
I understand you guys, trying to protect these well implanted american companies. If I had the money, you can be sure I wouldn't even think about doing them myself. It would have been a pleasure to order a pair to put on my rig. But I don't have that much money to put on sliders.

I sure do like this design, and thats why I will do it this way.

It's not about whether you have the money or not, it's about you coming on here and asking for people to provide you measurements for a product made by people who are close personal friends of the people who run this forum (and a few other people on here). Why didn't you just email EVO and ask for the CAD drawings?

What did you think was going to happen? Everyone bow down and say how wonderful you are? Congratulations you can use CAD software and can weld. :thumb: Maybe next time just do it and keep it to yourself?

Holeshot

Banned
If he really is just doing a one off for his own personal use.. and not selling it to others, I don’t really see the problem however, I would do slight changes in the design more than just the logo.. as to make them really yours... although the EVO’s (which I have.. AND BTW my jeep is decked in evo gear so please don’t hate on me) are proven to work under extreme conditions. I’ve come down HARD in them and dented one of the up and down tubes pretty bad... and nothing... they didn’t move an inch :clap2:

AS for one Holeshot.. as I’m already thinking about doing some modifications to them to cover the Evo logo on the side because of the terrain, it’s a pain the and ass to get the mud and other crap out of there...Especially road salt... So my suggestion to you... leave them closed...

good call, Closed they will be.

if you guys have any suggestion in design modification, feel free to share.

Rusty

You could also instead of using plate on the ends use pipe at the required angle...

Just saying there are hundreds of different ways to make them your own without making a carbon copy.

Holeshot

Banned
It's not about whether you have the money or not, it's about you coming on here and asking for people to provide you measurements for a product made by people who are close personal friends of the people who run this forum (and a few other people on here). Why didn't you just email EVO and ask for the CAD drawings?

What did you think was going to happen? Everyone bow down and say how wonderful you are? Congratulations you can use CAD software and can weld. :thumb: Maybe next time just do it and keep it to yourself?

you can be sure I won't share at all. I asked for measurements only because i want to make them fit good. That's all.

If we take this example in another domain. Lets say, a house. Ok, a friend of your's have bought a new house from X company. You wanted to build your's for a while and like that design. Now you go to your friends house and take that design to build your own house. Wouldn't it have been different?. No one would say you've been disrespectfull of that X company because you made yours on their design.

In another point of view, I would have been flatered someone did their own with my design. That would just say you have done something people like.

TheDuff

Not slider related, but I figured I would share my just completed 3D image of my teraflex tire carrier clone. Gonna work on the actual reproduction after lunch:)

1394297235308.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You all claim that this forum is better than others by saying we're like a familly. Familly don't hate.

If your family won't tell you when you're doing something wrong, who will?

You have the money to spend 700$ on sliders, thats fine and I respect that. I never been disrespectfull in anyway, so quit bitching.

As Cindy said, Mel and Lisa are our personal friends and are big supporters of WAYALIFE. While nobody can stop you from ripping off a design that they've invested a lot of their time and money to develop, it is they you are disrespecting and by virtue of it, me as well. I've known Mel and Lisa since they first got started and know how hard they have worked to get to where they are now. In spite of what you may think, it hasn't always been an easy road and they have mouths to feed just as much as you. If you respect me, I would be grateful if you would please change your design enough to make it truly yours.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
you can be sure I won't share at all. I asked for measurements only because i want to make them fit good. That's all.

If you wanted to make your own they use your own measurements. In my opinion just because you can weld doesn't mean you can fabricate. Fabrication is everything.

If we take this example in another domain. Lets say, a house. Ok, a friend of your's have bought a new house from X company. You wanted to build your's for a while and like that design. Now you go to your friends house and take that design to build your own house. Wouldn't it have been different?. No one would say you've been disrespectfull of that X company because you made yours on their design.

Not even close to the same thing. People buy blueprints for homes and or design them. You would go to a house and take measurements of everything.

In another point of view, I would have been flatered someone did their own with my design. That would just say you have done something people like.

Flattered that someone took money out of their pocket? Not hardly.

ttfhell

Pretty sure the designer and builder from X company would have something to say. You are your own Smittybilt. Disappointed.

Last edited:

Rusty

you could also follow the pattern of trussing, and make triangles the whole way since you do have enough pipe.. this design should also be brick solide... As we use it in the entertainment industry to hang thousands of pounds above your heads for concerts and corporate events.
t_SBT-12x12AP.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

How easy it is to say when you've invested NOTHING to design and develop these rocker guards.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

It's funny you use that example. If you copy the design of another custom home, chances are fair that you will get sued either by the owner of the home (if the owner purchased the rights to the plan), or by the architect (in many cases, they retain intellectual property rights).

Intellectual property rights are part of the very fabric of what makes America a place of entrepreneurial excellence.

You have the skills to build...create, don't replicate.

jeeeep

Hooked
building your own from inspiration of an existing design and copying (taking measurements and basically stealing someone's design) are so far apart I can't begin to understand why you would post this as If you're creating some original design and then continue to ask for additional ideas!

If I were you I'd stop posting and go about your business without ever posting your finished stolen non-original idea or...the better thing, create something completely different that's not an exact measurement of someone's hard work.

I get it, many things are created based on inspiration from other things but to make a clone is not creating anything new.

What will others think of EVO if your copy-cat sliders fail and they think you are running EVO brand??

Tigrcky

this has inspired me to go and make a jeep exactly like the new JKs except for one modification instead of saying jeep it will say Tig... please applaud me! :clap2::thumb:

Top Bottom