Building the Grendel

TheGrendel

Finally got a chance to paint the tire carrier. Took a bit for the paint to come in. Then it was too cold and humidity was too high.

Decided to do a little homage to my former Gecko Green JKR.

Now just wait for this to dry and Clear coat. And install the dang thing.

xUSzp4y.jpg

TheGrendel

Oh and I bought the paint from automotive touch up, so I could exact match paint. This stuff is expensive for spray paint, but it is about 100X better than rustoleum or krylon.

TheGrendel

Clayton Offroad front and rear track bars. On one end is a Johnny Joint and the other their dual Durometer GIIRO joint.

FxuPBLe.jpg

TheGrendel

So, I got my new track bars bolted in yesterday evening. I totally forgot to recenter the steering wheel. Drove down the street with a cock eyed wheel and the traction control freaking out. turned around and swapped keys for the truck. lol.

TheGrendel

Took a trip down to New Braunfels to see Bubba at Exodus.

TWmMRIX.jpg

Last time I was at Hidden Falls. I saw how much easier it was for Critter to turn the same 37s I was using than it was for me. So, I decided it was time to fix that. Unfortunately, I won't get to test this on the trail for awhile since all of the parks are closed.

iRqrTPk.jpg

aPr9uZn.jpg

jdofmemi

Nice!
I'm looking forward to having the same thing, if my axle ever gets here.

By the way, how do you like your Gatekeeper? Haven't seen you mention it since you were painting it.

Top Bottom