California or Bust : An Epic Trek Across the California Emigrant Trail

jelliott076

As mentioned, we never trailer our Jeeps, that would be self-defeating. We will spend 3 days getting out to our starting point and then go from there :yup:

This is going to be outstanding! The trip to the starting point will be fun enough, I can't wait to see the full write up and pictures or video. Enjoy guys.

meep97

So this just a meet and greet type of thing or are you going to be doing trail runs at each location?

And what do you have planned for Casper since you'll be there for two days?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So this just a meet and greet type of thing or are you going to be doing trail runs at each location?

This whole trip is a trail run. The places listed are where there is potential to meet up with others from around the country and get a beer.

munstie

So is the only requirement a soft top, to mimic the Wagons that were used.:)

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Last edited:

jhires

This is exactly the type of exploring my wife and I like to do. We wouldn't be able to meet you anywhere on this trip, but if you ever decide to do the Oregon leg of this trip let us know! :2thumbsup:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Man, what a sweet ride indeed. I would love to do that. We lived in Nebraska most our lives. We did go to Chimney rock. FYI, due to some bad apples vandalizing you cannot go up to it at the time we went anyway. Could only view from the visitors center. Too bad you can't hit Toadstool National Park more north. I believe that's where the Badlands start. Stayed at a nice place near there called High Plains Homestead. Oh and lets not forget the famous Carhenge.:cheesy:

IMG_2617_2.jpg
This place has bunkhouses. They have several old buildings you can go into....school, store, stables. Very cool. They have a cook shack they serve breakfast lunch and dinner. Very inexpensive. No computers, or cell service....perfect!
IMG_2770_1.JPG Carhenge.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer. Only Overlanding? Oh well. Should still be cool

:cheesy: You make "overlanding" sound so terrible. Even though most of this trip will be on dirt, I tend to call this a "road trip" :D And, I won't lie, as much as I love to play hard on the rocks, trips like this are my true passion. :yup:

Have fun brother:thumb:

You know I will :D

This is going to be outstanding! The trip to the starting point will be fun enough, I can't wait to see the full write up and pictures or video. Enjoy guys.

LOL!! Indeed. It'll take 2 days to get there and you know we'll be making the most of it :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Sorry, I edited the post so that you can now see that we will be in Casper for only 1 day. As it is, this will be a long and expensive trip and so our focus will be on sticking to the California Trail only. Of course, this not to say that we won't be back someday :D

This whole trip is a trail run. The places listed are where there is potential to meet up with others from around the country and get a beer.

Yup, what he said. If anything, more of just a meet-n-greet at each location and, for those who might be interested, maybe even follow us for portions of the trip. :yup:

So is the only requirement a soft top, to mimic the Wagons that were used.:)

Well that for sure but maybe even a cowboy hat :D

Top Bottom