California or Bust : An Epic Trek Across the California Emigrant Trail

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is exactly the type of exploring my wife and I like to do. We wouldn't be able to meet you anywhere on this trip, but if you ever decide to do the Oregon leg of this trip let us know! :2thumbsup:

LOL!! Truth be told, we are hoping to run the Applegate Trail in the future and that takes you up to Oregon. :yup:

Man, what a sweet ride indeed. I would love to do that. We lived in Nebraska most our lives. We did go to Chimney rock. FYI, due to some bad apples vandalizing you cannot go up to it at the time we went anyway. Could only view from the visitors center. Too bad you can't hit Toadstool National Park more north. I believe that's where the Badlands start. Stayed at a nice place near there called High Plains Homestead. Oh and lets not forget the famous Carhenge.:cheesy:

View attachment 73635
This place has bunkhouses. They have several old buildings you can go into....school, store, stables. Very cool. They have a cook shack they serve breakfast lunch and dinner. Very inexpensive. No computers, or cell service....perfect!
View attachment 73636 View attachment 73637

Sucks that you can't get up to Chimney Rock anymore. I would love to see that other stuff if we can though :D

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Definitely a sweet trip you have planned. My wife and I do smaller scale trips. We try to cram in as much stuff as possible. Wish I could do this one with you guys. I'm jealous.

HoosierWolf

Quote Originally Posted by munstie View Post
So is the only requirement a soft top, to mimic the Wagons that were used.

"Well that for sure but maybe even a cowboy hat"

Damn't... I've got two cowboy hats but only a hard top. *sad trombone* Well, that and I'm in Indiana.

JeepFan

Hooked
In the summer of 20 and 14 our WAYALIFE friends will set off on an epic adventure to retrace the emigrant trail!
“On the trail, there are no markets, no hospitals, no laws, and no second chances…” I said O let it begin! :yup:

---Tony Inglima
---California emigrant of 1965

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In the summer of 20 and 14 our WAYALIFE friends will set off on an epic adventure to retrace the emigrant trail!
“On the trail, there are no markets, no hospitals, no laws, and no second chances…” I said O let it begin! :yup:

---Tony Inglima
---California emigrant of 1965

:cheesy: That was awesome!! :clap2:

munstie

dars GOLD in dem dar hills …

- Don McPuck
- California emigrant of 1973

:bleh:

Its funny you said this, on the news yesterday they were talking how people are finding new deposits, because of the drought out west.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just heard from Et, RanchoRubi here on the forum and it looks like he'll be joining the WAYALIFE Party out west! Looking forward to having you on this EPIC adventure :thumb:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Just heard from Et, RanchoRubi here on the forum and it looks like he'll be joining the WAYALIFE Party out west! Looking forward to having you on this EPIC adventure :thumb:

This looks like it will be a once in a lifetime adventure. Cannot wait to experience the West this way:wings::wings:

Rccrwlr

:cheesy: You make "overlanding" sound so terrible. Even though most of this trip will be on dirt, I tend to call this a "road trip" :D And, I won't lie, as much as I love to play hard on the rocks, trips like this are my true passion. :yup:

Sorry. Forgot the LOL! Can't wait to follow the trip!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so we've got all our rooms booked and hope everyone else coming has too. If not or if you have any questions, please let me know. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rubicat or Moby ? Which jeep are you taking Eddie ?

I don't think Rubicat will be ready by then but, even if she were, Moby is in need of some loving being that he was out of commission for so long. Plus, what better way to go "overlanding" than in a Jeep pushing 40's and a powered by a V8 :D

Top Bottom