CELEBRATING 10 YEARS of WAYALIFE VIDEOS

JeepFan

Hooked
Ten years sure goes by fast when you're having fun with great friends! Congratulations to an amazing milestone and many more to come...:yup:

jmedgar

It's hard to believe that it was 10 years ago to the day that Cindy and I posted up our very first Jeep video on what was then, a relatively new website called YouTube. We made it just for fun and if you can believe it....

Like all your videos, this makes me want to get out and explore! Thank you for all the hard work creating such quality content, and for sharing your experiences with us.

Trail Bud

Hooked
A lot of talent goes into making these. Always good quality and entertaining.
It gives a perspective that a lot of people don't realize goes on on the trail.
Congrats on the 10 year mark!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, Cindy and I really do appreciate it and we're so glad that you enjoy our videos :blush:

Congratulations on 10 years!! Funny to think I was still in elementary school when you guys were starting out haha. Looking forward to the next ten!

Ouch - LOL!! I'm feeling pretty old right about now :crazyeyes:

Hands down the BEST!!! Jeep videos on the internet. Congratulations on 10 years and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead in the next 10 years.

Thank you. We know our videos are far from being as flashy as some out there but we try our hardest to do the best we can with what we have and to keep it real. :cool:

Congratulations to you guys for sharing your passion for 10 years! Your passion shows as you have grown in your high quality, entertaining videos and photos; we look forward to each and every one of them. They are always very entertaining and fun! Keep up the good work as you live your passion.

Here is a blast from the past at a Dirt Riot race in Congress AZ from 2013, as Mel Wade was taking off from the starting line:

DPP_087-L.jpg

LOL!! Wow, talk about blast from the past! Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you out on the trail or the race course in the near future :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on 10 Years! and a cheers to 10 more.

These videos got me in to a JK and with your write ups and help from this forum give me the confidence to wrench and wheel (sometimes at the same time).

Here is my guess to the video titles and years:

Project JK Deer Valley Jeep Trail Run 2007
Project JK Moab EJS adventure begins 2008
Project JK Norcall Slick Rock Jeep Trail 2008
Jeep JK Sidewinder Bronco Peak Trail 2009
Project JK valley of Fire Logandale Jeep Trails 2009
Project-JK 395 Reward Mine & Funnel Lake Trail Run 2009
Project-JK Jeep Helicopter Desert Pursuit 2010
RUBICON : A Legendary Jeep Trail & Off-Road Adventure 2010
KEEP IT TIGHT : The JK-Experience Colorado 2012
RUBICON : A Legendary Jeep Trail & Off-Road Adventure 2010
MOAB : Pilgrimage to the Promised Land 2011
HEARTLAND : The JK-Experience Heartland of America Tour 2012
DEFENSE MINE : A Historic Jeep Trail Near Death Valley 2013
WILD WILD WEST : The 2013 JK-Experience 2014
PACIFIC NORTHWEST : The 2014 JK-Experience 2015
WHITE WEDNESDAY : Topless Winter Wheeling in a Willys Jeep 2015
SNAKE EYES : A Fateful Off-Road Trip Across the Fordyce 4x4 Jeep Trail 2015
BEDEVILED : An Off-Road Adventure Through Devil’s Canyon Jeep Trail (Near Anza-Borrego & San Diego) 2015
ARROW QUEST : The Search for Transcontinental Airway Beacons 2015
POWDER PLAY : Our Jeep Wrangler Moby Having Some Fun in Fresh Sierra Snow 2016
RENEGADE SNOW DAY : Snow Wheeling a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 2016
MOAB - FORK YEAH : a WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventure 2016
Project-JK GoPro HD Off Road Evolution Jeep JK Wrangler EVO Suspension System in Action 2010
MUDDY MOBY : Steep Hill Climb in a Jeep Wrangler - Redbird Off Road Park, Indiana 2016

I hope that's at least close haha :brows:

I have to say that not only are you one of the few that have attempted to take a stab at this, you are also the closest. If nobody else tries, we may just have to make you the winner :cool:

Wow great video video it's nice see where your Jeep started and the many trips you've done.

Thanks! What's a bummer is that we didn't start sooner and film our Jeep from the very beginning - back when it was still stock and then just rocking a budget boost. :crazyeyes:

Wow, what an amazing decade! Really wonderful film to celebrate it.
Congratulations to Cindy and you for truly following your passion and sharing it with us over the years[emoji122]

Thanks Et! We're so glad that you and Michelle have been able to share in it with us :thumb:

Its hard to believe its been close to 7 years since I discovered your videos and became a part of this great community you and Cindy created. I've seen every video featured in this and could name the majority but seeing how I've won a pair of shot glasses I'll leave them for someone else! Thanks for all you both have done. Without this great forum there I would not have several of the great friends I do now, including the both of you! Here's to many more years!

Hard to believe for sure and yes, it has been great that we've been able to meet friends like you over that time and all because of this Jeep thing :thumb:

I love watching your videos. I can't wait to be able to join you all on one of your trips!

That would be great if you could some day :cool:

Pretty Cool guys, congrats on 10 years and such a cool compilation video, so many great experiences over the years, definitely makes me want to hit the trail!

Thanks! With any luck, we'll be able to hit the trail together and sooner than later :yup:

Congrats on 10 yrs. Can't wait for 15 and 20. [emoji6]

Thanks and thanks for being a part of the fun :)

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Wow, lots of good clips in there. Saw my old JK a couple times.

I'd like to personally tip my hat to Cindy, the often unsung hero, who does such a great job filming and editing. Miss the both of you and the many bottles of honey shared!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

Congrats on the 10 years! It has been an awesome ride along the way. I wish you and Cindy the best for the next 10 more and every new videos! Thank you both for your hard work! [emoji120]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really enjoyed the video Eddie. We've never met but I went to high school in Reno (Reno High) and now live in Camp Verde AZ. We (Ellen and I) are members of the Red Rock 4 Wheelers and have been officiating trails at the EJS for about 10 years. I have been following Wayalife for almost that long and really enjoy all your videos. My first attempt at video editing was from a trip on the Rubicon and I spent forever on it. I've done many since but in recent years I have just archived the footage (mostly from EJS) and haven't been able to bring myself to sit down and spend the necessary time to properly edit the footage. I know how much work it is! We visit a high school buddy of mine and his wife frequently. They just moved from Sparks to Minden. You may recognize his name; Richard Kirkland...he was the chief of police in Reno and then the sheriff of Washoe county and finally the director of public safety for the state of Nevada under Governor Kenny. Anyway, if you'll give me a snail mail address I'll either send you or perhaps drop by your place (on a future visit to the area, if that's OK;)) a few of the better videos. My email address (if it's not in my profile) is hishd@hotmail.com. Thanks again for all the great posts and videos.

Thanks! Also, talk about a small world. :crazyeyes:

That's pretty cool! And I thought Cindy was the professional editor b4 wayalife.

LOL!! She's flattered you say as much. Never touched a video camera before the one we bought let alone took a class on how to use it or edit footage from it. It's the reason why our videos aren't a flashy or as polished as the ones manufacturers and vendors pay to have made but she's having fun making our home movies :yup:

Good things do come from Costco...maybe Tom will believe me now. :cheesy:

Congrats on 10! The quality of your videos make me think you've been doing this for many more years than 10. Awesome job!
Looking forward to seeing more.

:cheesy: Who knew right? Thanks Susan, we hope that you and Tom will be able to join us on more adventures in the near future :thumb:

Great recap!! Thank you guys for putting out such amazing videos, you capture the moment so well in your videos. You guys make the viewers really feel like they are actually there (well that's how i feel) Big shot out to you guys for always putting out the BEST jeep videos out there hands down!! :thumb:

Thank you, we truly are humbled that you'd say as much. Between planning trips, organizing everything, driving, leading, spotting and fixing things, it can be a real challenge to even remember to turn on the camera at times. Needless to say, we know we miss all the money shots and don't have the drone footage that paid production companies are so good at getting. Of course, we're still just using a Handycam for filming so the quality of our videos are far from being great and aren't even in 4K. But, we'll always try our hardest to do what we can with what we have :yup:

I can totally recall your videos being suggested while searching jeeps videos almost ten years ago. Thanks for awesome digital adventures and helping us dream big guys!

Hope you continue doing what you do!

LOL!! Yeah, back then, we were pretty much the only ones doing what we do and it was a lot easier for people to find us. These days, the internet is flooded with videos made with big money but we still have fun making our home movies :yup:

Congrats on 10 years of great videos! Your passion and devotion is appreciated! Thank you.

Thank you. What we do really is a passion. Certainly, it'd be hard to devote yourself to something that costs you so much money to do :crazyeyes:

Definately a cool retrospective look on all that you guys have seen and wheeled. Congratulations on 10 years!

Thanks! What's nuts is that the clips we used aren't even from all the videos we've made and this is to say nothing about the hours upon hours of footage we've filmed over the years but never made anything from them :crazyeyes:

Congrats on 10 years Cindy and eddie! Here's to ten more!! Hope to make it out west again soon and maybe if I'm lucky make it into one of these infamous videos! See you guys someday soon ;)

Also I'm not even gonna try to name the years as to when these came out but I saw many JKX clips, maple honey rubicon video, pilgrimage to the promise land, fordyce trail, carnage canyon, rocktoberfest, another rubicon trip video, all 3 winter wonderland videos, 2 for the Cooper tires on renny,and moby, and one for pappy. That's all I can think of without watching each video over again lol!

LOL!! Thanks and yes, you can be sure that you'll make into one of our videos :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on 10 years! Here's to many more!

Thanks Ty! With any luck, we'll be able to get you out on some of our trips soon :thumb:

That is so cool! I've already won shot glasses, so I won't participate in the drawing, but I just wanted to post and say thanks for what you two do.

Thanks Clay, we look forward to seeing you soon :cool:

Awesome! Great work over the last ten years!

Thanks Adam! We're so glad that you've been able to join us on so many of our adventures. Looking forward to getting out there again with you and Tina soon. :thumb:

Y'all's vids were hands down the most influential to my journey into the JK world years ago. As someone who also dabbles in video production, I have a lot of respect and appreciation for the amount of editing that goes into making these and for cultivating an eye for scrubbing through hours of footage to find the right elements for the theme. Anyone can find the obvious "jeep driving over obstacle at cool angle" clips, but to tell the story- to set up solid narration- the real art is in finding those subtle transition clips of people & scenery.

Mad love for the work you and Cindy do.

:cheesy: Spoken like someone who does know. Scrubbing through the hours upon hours of footage just to create a videos a few minutes long is probably the hardest part of making them. :icon_crazy:
We really do appreciate your flattering words. I'll have to be honest and say that a lot of what you refer to as being "the real art" was us just trying to fill in the gaps being that we lacked so much of the cool angles and pretty shots that production companies always seem to have. :crazyeyes:

Have to admit even though Ive always wanted a Jeep your videos really pushed me over the edge.. also my wife watched a couple and she now has the bug and wants to get out and start learning how to drive my JK lol... Keep up the good work!!!:thumb:

That's awesome and we're glad to hear it - kudos to your wife for wanting to get behind the wheel :thumb:

Thank you both for making this whole big family come together and alive!!!!!!!
Ohhhh how could I forget Sony camera :wings::wings:

LOL!! I know, far from being the high dollar 4k DSLR but it gets the job done :crazyeyes: :D

This truly is a way of life for so many of us and you are the Ambassadors. Thanks for all you do. Some epic stuff in those last 10 years.

Thank you. I only wish we had started filming ourselves 10 years before. Of course, there was hardly an internet back then let alone speeds that would allow someone to watch a video :shock: :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So many awesome memories! Congratulations on 10 years of doing great things and allowing us to share it with you!! Thank you for buying that camera and the others that followed. Love you guys and your talent is unmatched! [emoji322][emoji898]

LOL!! Oh yeah, there have been quite a few cameras we've bought over the years but all have been and still are just basic Sony Handycams. Thank you for joining us on so many of our adventures. We hope that you and Ray will be able to find some free time sometime soon and join us again. :cool:

It's been a great journey! Hard to believe I've been watching these for 10 years..

:cheesy: It's hard to believe that we've known you longer than that and are still friends :crazyeyes:
Crazy journey these last 10 years have been and we hope that you and Jen can get out with us more in the future :yup:

That was fun to watch! Congrats on the 10 years. :rock: Funny how it all started on a whim...as many great stories do.

Thanks! For us, the best things in life start on a whim.

Congrats on the last ten years, and thank you for sharing. You have certainly evolved in your art. You and Cindy make one heck of a team. Thanks again.

Thank you. It's been crazy fun for us :yup:

Great retrospective video! 10 years - wow! And I missed the first 8 :grayno:

That scene driving through the mines though :eek: No thank you sir!

LOL!! There's plenty of time ahead to catch up. :yup:

Ten years sure goes by fast when you're having fun with great friends! Congratulations to an amazing milestone and many more to come...:yup:

Ain't that the truth! Thank you and Steph for being so much a part of that fun with us. Looking forward to getting out there with the two of you again and soon :thumb:

Great video! Made me smile!

Thanks Ray! Once you and Rachel get settled in a bit more, we really need to get back out there again. :thumb:

Like all your videos, this makes me want to get out and explore! Thank you for all the hard work creating such quality content, and for sharing your experiences with us.

We're glad to hear it and glad to hear you enjoy our videos :cool:

Thanks and congrats for the 10 years! Can I just buy a set of glasses? I've been trying for years and had no luck winning any!

There's no need for luck, you just have to watch our videos and list out where these clips came from. There's already been a couple of guys who've done most of the work for ya :yup:

A lot of talent goes into making these. Always good quality and entertaining.
It gives a perspective that a lot of people don't realize goes on on the trail.
Congrats on the 10 year mark!

Thanks Doug, couldn't have made a few of these videos as entertaining as they were without ya ;) :bleh: :D
Looking forward to getting out there with ya again and soon :yup:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Congrats on a seriously great 10 years! Thanks Cindy & Eddie for getting me back to the Colorado trails after a near forty year absence. Biased, of course, but I still think the Colorado 2011 JKX is your best work. Oh wait, then there's the Moab series, the Rubicon vids and....! :thumb::thumb: and a snap!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, lots of good clips in there. Saw my old JK a couple times.

I'd like to personally tip my hat to Cindy, the often unsung hero, who does such a great job filming and editing. Miss the both of you and the many bottles of honey shared!

Thanks Jack, with any luck, we'll be able to hit the trails again with you in the future :cool:

Congrats on the 10 years! It has been an awesome ride along the way. I wish you and Cindy the best for the next 10 more and every new videos! Thank you both for your hard work! [emoji120]

Thank you, we really appreciate it :yup:

Congrats on a seriously great 10 years! Thanks Cindy & Eddie for getting me back to the Colorado trails after a near forty year absence. Biased, of course, but I still think the Colorado 2011 JKX is your best work. Oh wait, then there's the Moab series, the Rubicon vids and....! :thumb::thumb: and a snap!

LOL!! Colorado was without question, one of our favorite trips too. We're glad that you enjoy our other videos too :D

Stomper Herb 74

Congrats on 10 years.

Congrats on 10 years Cindy & Eddie. When I watched your videos in early 2016 I got so pumped on modifying my Jeep and hitting the trails. My first mod was a WAL Battle Born cowl decal which was put on the first hour I received the keys to my Jeep when it was delivered to me. I love your videos but my favorite is "Snake Eyes" which was the first video I watched when I found Wayalife. I am looking forward to what the next 10 years bring. Happy to be a part of WAL. You guys rock :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Congrats on Decade #1 of WAYALIFE Videos.

I give the entire body of work two thumbs-up... :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us, especially for those of us on the right side of the Mississippi that don't see that type of terrain.

Top Bottom