Check engine light / AEV Procal question

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Although I've only had the flashcal for 3 days, I can safely say I love it. Easy to use and already see a huge difference in my rig's performance and gas mileage. I cannot say anything on the procal, having never owned one, but I'm content with the flashcal.

I've been hearing that from more and more people. I've owned a couple of Flashpaq's in the past and had always loved the fact that you can update it online. The more I think about it, the more I may just end up going this route.

sean.m.adams33

I've been hearing that from more and more people. I've owned a couple of Flashpaq's in the past and had always loved the fact that you can update it online. The more I think about it, the more I may just end up going this route.

It's the best thing I've bought for my jeep yet! Only downfall is it doesn't work with a Mac.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, finally heard back from Jordan and he assured me that the Procal is 100% dealer safe and that a dealer flash would not have effected it. He's not sure what could of happened to the unit but explained that I might have an early version that had bugs. Either way, I'll be sending it back to him for a closer examination and with any luck, will be able to figure out what went wrong.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Okay, finally heard back from Jordan and he assured me that the Procal is 100% dealer safe and that a dealer flash would not have effected it. He's not sure what could of happened to the unit but explained that I might have an early version that had bugs. Either way, I'll be sending it back to him for a closer examination and with any luck, will be able to figure out what went wrong.

Well that sounds promising, great info.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to post an update to let everyone know that AEV came through, sent out a replacement Procal and it works perfectly. I will be sending back the unit that I had for them to do some investigating. For the record, I've been assured that having the dealership flash my computer should NOT have caused the previous unit to fail.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just wanted to post an update to let everyone know that AEV came through, sent out a replacement Procal and it works perfectly. I will be sending back the unit that I had for them to do some investigating. For the record, I've been assured that having the dealership flash my computer should NOT have caused the previous unit to fail.

this is great to hear Eddie! glad they were able to replace it for you!

Charlie Mike

Phew! Good to hear. I was sweating a little reading through this thread. One less thing I have to worry about. Thanks for the info! :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked

That's good news as you won't have a very expensive paper weight. :cheesy::yup:

Though I don't need it just yet, I recently went with the FlashCal. I like the fact that it will be upgradable to a FlashPaq for newer models (11-12-13) soon. The Paq chip is already built in, so will just need to buy an upgrade vs a whole new unit. Didn't realize this till I spoke with the rep. Pretty cool.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Good to know. :thumb:

I was wondering how that would work with the regear. :thinking:

Top Bottom