Chinese Made Jeeps

silverbackjk

Yep, that's a valid concern. A lot of parts on our Jeeps are already manufactured in other countries like Cananda and Mexico and ultimately assembled here in the U.S. If Jeeps are made in China, the is a very real likelyhood that even more parts will be made there and brought here for assembly.

Like you Eddie i will be hopping for the best and that won't happen.

silverbackjk

READ the article people. Chinese made jeeps are for the CHINESE market.

US jeeps will still built in the US.

SHEESH

We wern't talking about the whole jeep being made in China. It was the OE parts. For me this would be a issue i would not be to happy about. :yup::yup:

JAGS

Hooked
I can't point fingers or say bad words. 100% of my posts on WAL were made using a China produced product. 💻📱LOL.

BlackRockBurner

Nothing really new here. This all started in the 80s when international corporations that carried no flag other than profit and shareholder interest trumped the ideal of nationalism. The corporations don't care about where things are made, as long as the dollar/ euro/ yuan is made. It's really sad.

The fact that China is the largest market, has state run manufacturing that the USA out sourced decades ago, is a turning point in economic power. A communist nation is going to win over the free market. They beat us at our own game.

Some will blame Unions, but that's so narrow minded. The problem was placing profit over people.

Now I need a shot of something. It's sad to see this change.

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Heck, my "Mopar Chrome Side Steps" were "Made in China" off of my 2011. I hate to see it happen. Jobs will be lost.

I do love the food though!:cheesy:

orngcrushrgrl

We wern't talking about the whole jeep being made in China. It was the OE parts. For me this would be a issue i would not be to happy about. :yup::yup:

Most OE parts that the middle of the road spender purchases are made in china. Hell, we're a military family the husband and I and we have smittybilt bumpers and a winch.

People are so quick to trash smittybilts products because of where they're made, but our stuff has been pretty great on our rig and we've had no complaints so far.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Most OE parts that the middle of the road spender purchases are made in china. Hell, we're a military family the husband and I and we have smittybilt bumpers and a winch.

People are so quick to trash smittybilts products because of where they're made, but our stuff has been pretty great on our rig and we've had no complaints so far.

Actually I think people trash there product because that's what it is. :cheesy: Some people have good luck with their stuff but a lot of others don't.

silverbackjk

I am not sure if you get what we were talking about. We are saying original equipment parts off the factory floor.

Hoghd06

I'm a proud Ohioan that lives 2 hours away from Toledo where my union made wrangler was made. This makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. I would NEVER buy another wrangler if it was made in china.

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog

I'll trash it, my rear Smittybuilt bumper is a hunkojunk. Holes drilled wrong for mounting, carrier studs had a thread that couldn't be match up to a lugnut( had to cut them off and install new studs), had to grind my on latch mount out to get it to close, powder coating bubbling and falling off after a month.The damn grease zerk they sent for the swingaway was even the wrong threads. POS!!!!!!!!

BONDSY

I second what MK just said. I've had trouble with my smittybilt crap rear bumper. I've heard some horror stories of their sliders too.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The powder coating on my D rings started chipping off after a couple days and no use. But that's the only smittybilt stuff I have on my rig.

Top Bottom