Compressor

JayKay

Caught the Bug
To answer the duty cycle question...a 30% duty cycle is a term used for rest/work time on a compressor. Measured in 10 minute intervals, if it's a 30% duty cycle, that means it has to rest 7 minutes for every 3 minutes of run time. A 100% duty cycle means the compressor can run continuously without rest, IN THEORY (24 hours of run time would most likely burn it up). Also as far as a reserve tank, it will need refilling after depletion, but on a truck with air ride suspension you would install a 200-250 psi pressure switch which would kick the compressor on at usually 65 psi and kick it off at 200 or 250 psi, depending on your switch rating.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Pretty sure I would rather have an ARB with a warranty then a York from 1987. If I wanted that I would have bought a YJ to put it in.

Nobody listens to your preaching because it isn't the smartest buy.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
As Elusive had mentioned, the York compressors are one of the best out there. Works just like an A/C compressor. As long as you have an engine that idles, should never have any problems. Of course unless the clutch goes out, but it's replaceable. Elusive, are there any kits on the market for the 3.6?

ttfhell

As Elusive had mentioned, the York compressors are one of the best out there. Works just like an A/C compressor. As long as you have an engine that idles, should never have any problems. Of course unless the clutch goes out, but it's replaceable. Elusive, are there any kits on the market for the 3.6?

There is one for the bargain price of $1900 from Off Road Only. The bracket alone is $529...

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Well s**t! Might as we'll buy a Warn Powerplant for that kind of money! At least I'd get a winch with my compressor.

holaCG

I just did a York for less than $700 in my 07 JKUR. $250 for bracket/belt/pulley from ORO, $180 for remanufactured compressor off eBay, $35 for a 1 gallon tank and the rest was spent on filters, regulator, hoses, and brackets. I rotated my tires last Saturday and it ran an impact without hesitation at idle and 2000 RPMs. My shop compressor will only let me remove 3 before I have to wait a few seconds for the pressure to build (rated at 4 scfm @ 90 psi with a 4 gallon tank). I'm more than happy with it and it was a fun project. I debated for a while between the York and dual ARB but decided on the challenge of the York to keep me busy and out of trouble!! Not to mention the extra output... Here are some pics.
pety6yqa.jpg
zesypuvu.jpg
a4aduber.jpg
azahaqyp.jpg
ahaga9yz.jpg
ebysubyr.jpg

pvanweelden

There is one for the bargain price of $1900 from Off Road Only. The bracket alone is $529...

That is for a 2012-13, 07-11 the bracket is 239. The york can be had for less than $100, and the rest of the components are cheap. Someone needs to make a bracket for the newer jk's that is actually affordable. York is still the best when it comes to reliable on board air. As I have said many of times, I fill ALL 4 of my 36" tires with my TJ york oba at once in 3 minutes.

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ttfhell

That is for a 2012-13, 07-11 the bracket is 239. The york can be had for less than $100, and the rest of the components are cheap. Someone needs to make a bracket for the newer jk's that is actually affordable. York is still the best when it comes to reliable on board air. As I have said many of times, I fill ALL 4 of my 36" tires with my TJ york oba at once in 3 minutes.

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah the guy above me asked for pricing on a 12. This is what I had found.

rtguy1

I just did a York for less than $700 in my 07 JKUR. $250 for bracket/belt/pulley from ORO, $180 for remanufactured compressor off eBay, $35 for a 1 gallon tank and the rest was spent on filters, regulator, hoses, and brackets. I rotated my tires last Saturday and it ran an impact without hesitation at idle and 2000 RPMs. My shop compressor will only let me remove 3 before I have to wait a few seconds for the pressure to build (rated at 4 scfm @ 90 psi with a 4 gallon tank). I'm more than happy with it and it was a fun project. I debated for a while between the York and dual ARB but decided on the challenge of the York to keep me busy and out of trouble!! Not to mention the extra output... Here are some pics.
pety6yqa.jpg
zesypuvu.jpg
a4aduber.jpg
azahaqyp.jpg
ahaga9yz.jpg
ebysubyr.jpg

beautiful setup.:beer:

Elusive

I do agree the 2012 brackets are too much money right now, but the 2011 and down JK's should seriously look into the york.
A/C compressors are designed to run near continuously for the life of the car. It will out last any electric compressor and never overheat.
The york produces 3 times the CFM of the largest viair compressor. I posted in the write up section how a 2011 and down JK can have one for $479 and install it in a couple hours.
I don't understand why there is so much hostility about this. The york costs slightly more. It's far superior.
If this were a lift kit or a winch no one would recommend an inferior method to save a few dollars.
Yorks have been used for OBA since they were invented. I have personally been using them for 20+ years.
NAPA sells the rebuild kit for the York and it's $20. That's not a bad idea before you install it but I have never had one fail so I didn't bother this time.

pvanweelden

$500 for air, is nothing compared to what most people on here are spending.

and then complaining about how their electric compressors shut off after 2 tires.

Well, for those interested, here is the best choice for oba. York

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
and the viair is $440
http://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-Constant-System-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B007X8LV8W

You were the one just arguing you didnt want shitty parts in your jeep.

To be clear, this is for an 07-11. For a 12-up, it is closer to $2k. But, you're right, they do work well if that's what you're wanting to run. Me, I'm more than happy with my WARN PowerPlant. Been using it for 7 years now without any problems and it can take my 40x15.50s from about 8 psi to 30 in about 3 min a tire and of course, a lot less time depending on where I started from. Not too shabby in my book for an electric compressor that doubles as a great and reliable winch. :yup:

Top Bottom