Compressor

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So are you picking the Viair over the ARB? I'm leaning towards the ARB because I can use your write up on project jk to install it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL!! I picked the WARN PowerPlant but yes, I have run an ARB in the past as well. It worked well for my purposes too. I have not run a Viair or, not a newer one anyway and so I can't speak for their performance.

pvanweelden

If i had a '12 or 13, I would probably consider the Powerplant.

But I already have a winch.

I want the best oba i can get, so i can run air tools (better than most shop compressors) air up my tires, and i love having train air horns :thumb:

I'll stick with a York.

York isn't for everyone, you have to hook a few things up, and tape some air fittings.
But if you have a 07-11, already have a winch, and are looking for oba, check out someone who has a York setup.

geiman

$500 for air, is nothing compared to what most people on here are spending.

and then complaining about how their electric compressors shut off after 2 tires.

Well, for those interested, here is the best choice for oba. York

Agreed. If you wheel often, the York is well worth the money. The other options aren't really in the same class as an engine driven OBA setup. The only downside I see is possibly the cost, but again if you're wheeling frequently it's well worth the money in my opinion.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing wrong with a York, they are a good setup. Having said that, I find the PowerPlant I have to be more than I need. I would even go so far as to say that the ARB compressor I had in my old 09 was too. Of course, I must not wheel frequently enough. :)

geiman

If your setup works for you that's all that matters. Different strokes for different folks. I've just seen way too many people with small electric compressors frustrated at them for being too slow, etc.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If your setup works for you that's all that matters. Different strokes for different folks. I've just seen way too many people with small electric compressors frustrated at them for being too slow, etc.

You and me both but then, I wasn't referring to small electric compressors that people were frustrated with. :cool:

CaliCrusher

As long as I can air up after the trail and inflate jumpers at kids parties I'll be happy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Alright!!! Stop arguing! Everybody throw your OBA systems away, I'm buying a towable contractor compressor, lifting it with 33s and I'll air up all your tires for a small fee after a good day of wheeling:)

deezus

What if you are using the ARB just for tires? What would be the best arb to get? Ty

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
What if you are using the Arab just for tires? What would be the best arb to get? Ty

Using people (even Arabs) for any kind of selfish agenda just isn't right. As far as OBA compressors, a lot of guys here are using the ARB twin system and have good things to say.

deezus

Using people (even Arabs) for any kind of selfish agenda just isn't right. As far as OBA compressors, a lot of guys here are using the ARB twin system and have good things to say.

Oops, I Meant ARB and it auto corrected!

swampdog

Oops, I Meant ARB and it auto corrected!

I can fill up all 4 of my 35s from 11 to 30 psi in about 8 minutes with the ARB twin. It is a sizable investment for just filling up tires though. I use mine to push a locker (2 in the future) too.

Top Bottom