Dynatrac Axles

Spudcannons

I think many people believe they have an easy repair or "fuse" that is protecting other parts (maybe a D30). I personally do not believe in this at all. I have a laundry list of parts we damaged or broke in a D30 (including RCV shafts) and the cheap grease-able 1310 u-joint on the drive-shaft was, and still is, happy as a peach under the Jeep.

It is probably like how some people can run a D30 with 37" tires and how mine started to smile with 35"s after a few wheeling trips. You might be fine but there is a chance you will brake it depending on how you wheel it. I like the do it once do it right method.

There's no pretty much about it - it WILL bolt right up just like factory. You can do this in your own garage - I have done it. :yup:

Me too, and even though Im proficient with tools, and have done tons of work on Jeeps, I havent the exposure to this as much as Eddie. Even so, I installed my PR44 within a couple hours. Straight bolt in. Only thing new is my PR44 was built with an ARB, which I had to route an air line to.

Best of luck wit your build.

Spudcannons

Me too, and even though Im proficient with tools, and have done tons of work on Jeeps, I havent the exposure to this as much as Eddie. Even so, I installed my PR44 within a couple hours. Straight bolt in. Only thing new is my PR44 was built with an ARB, which I had to route an air line to.

Best of luck wit your build.

Thanks I have the PR44 and PR60 with ARB compressor coming along with a poison spyder tire carrier, backup camera, MCE fenders, switch pros unit. Looks like I'm going to be very busy for a while.

OscarMike2.0

Thanks I have the PR44 and PR60 with ARB compressor coming along with a poison spyder tire carrier, backup camera, MCE fenders, switch pros unit. Looks like I'm going to be very busy for a while.

Wow im envious. What were the specs on the axles (Gear ratio, What shafts did you go with etc)

Im thinking about doing the exact same setup in early september. You will have to let us know how you like it.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

Congrats on ordering them and not having whatever shop you were going to use install everything :thumb:

Spudcannons

Wow im envious. What were the specs on the axles (Gear ratio, What shafts did you go with etc)

Im thinking about doing the exact same setup in early september. You will have to let us know how you like it.

I'll do a write up for you. The PR44 has RCV shafts, Reid knuckles, dynatrac ball joints,4.88 Yukon's with an ARB locker. The PR60 has 35 spline chromolly shafts(i just got the ones northridge recommend) 4.88 gears ARB locker.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'll do a write up for you. The PR44 has RCV shafts, Reid knuckles, dynatrac ball joints,4.88 Yukon's with an ARB locker. The PR60 has 35 spline chromolly shafts(i just got the ones northridge recommend) 4.88 gears ARB locker.

Good thing you took the advice and didn't waste your money on orange knuckles and overpriced RCV shafts.

Spudcannons

Good thing you took the advice and didn't waste your money on orange knuckles and overpriced RCV shafts.

Worth the money for me since I won't need to install axle shafts and swap knuckles. Northridge has RCV's as the only option if they build it. And the RCV shaft do have a lifetime warranty. I'm happy with my purchase and they are quality parts.

computeruser6

What a pain. Hopefully I don't run into anything like that or I'll have to let my lawyer deal with them. Thank god for having 4 lawyers in the family!

What's a lawyer going to do for you on the trail? And if the shafts receive as much input torque as RCV rates them for, you'll destroy a Dana 44 ring and pinion.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What's a lawyer going to do for you on the trail? And if the shafts receive as much input torque as RCV rates them for, you'll destroy a Dana 44 ring and pinion.

Funny, jnabird didn't blow his ring and pinion. Just twisted the shaft that RCV denied a warranty claim on.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
What a pain. Hopefully I don't run into anything like that or I'll have to let my lawyer deal with them. Thank god for having 4 lawyers in the family!

You are already thinking about getting lawyers involved? Do you still think these are good axles shafts?

LOL.... not need for me to comment. You guys have me covered. :D

Seems perhaps I've told the story too many times :blush:

What do yo think they will do? The warranty is a "("No Questions Asked" limited lifetime warranty)" This gives them all the wiggle room they need. To the best of my searching abilities I was never able to find what was "limited" in writing.

Top Bottom