Dynatrac CODEX - Phase 3

USMC Wrangler

It looks better, but I still think they should have kept the rear doors and not made the frame shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seriously, what’s up with the Chinese tires? I’m confused as to why they would run those and not a tire made in the USA like their axles that they pride themselves on. Surely that couldn’t be the only manufacturer willing to work with Dynatrac on this build.

That's the vibe I'm feeling. It's cool but just not a Gladiator anymore.

What do I think? These guys already said it.

MericaMade

It looks like a flat bed tow truck fucked a Jeep and had this.

I like the front just not the rear half.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
With those Patagonia tires this has to be another collaboration build for a show.

Bring on Phase 4!

longarmwj

Seriously, what’s up with the Chinese tires? I’m confused as to why they would run those and not a tire made in the USA like their axles that they pride themselves on. Surely that couldn’t be the only manufacturer willing to work with Dynatrac on this build.

I've noticed a LOT of manufactures running them on their shop/show Jeeps recently. Maybe they cheap out on tires to put more money into other parts of the build? :thinking::idontknow:

TrailHunter

Hooked
WhooHoo - Sittin on Dynatrac axles and 40” tires!! What do you guys think now? [emoji41]

View attachment 328514

View attachment 328515

I like it!!! I could use that to haul lumber to the job site during the week... Then come the weekend.. throw the kids dirt bikes on the back... load up the camping gear and go hit some trails! [emoji1417] I’ll take one! 35k ? [emoji51] lol (I’d like to see one in a 4 door though)

wjtstudios

Hooked
I really like the bed detail. My only complaint is that they had left if a 4 door. The rest of it is a pretty damn versatile build.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
I've noticed a LOT of manufactures running them on their shop/show Jeeps recently. Maybe they cheap out on tires to put more money into other parts of the build? :thinking::idontknow:

Dynatrac hardly needs to save money on a build that has a set of $15k axles on it.

Now maybe smaller shops might look to save a buck or two, but I think this is another show build and those tires are targeted at the crowd the build is for. It certainly isn't for any rock crawling group with that bed.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It is definitely getting better as each phase, but it seems to me just a show of how much money can be wasted at each step. Put on that camping bed/box thing for one show, now rebuild the whole thing again.

Brute

Hooked
It looks better, but I still think they should have kept the rear doors and not made the frame shorter.

That's the vibe I'm feeling. It's cool but just not a Gladiator anymore.

I don't mind shortening it and having two doors...after driving Brute for 5 years I totally get it...but I would prefer the original bed...

And I don't get the tires...there are several great USA made tire choices available...but I'm sure there is a reason...sponsorship?...China trip in the works (new market?)

Exodus 4x4

I don't mind shortening it and having two doors...after driving Brute for 5 years I totally get it...but I would prefer the original bed...

Creating a unique build is understandable, but taking the JT and chopping it down to this doesn’t make sense. They could’ve done the same thing with a JL. And I totally understand the struggles of long trucks. I drove 4 door F350’s for a very long time, but I can’t imagine the JT is that bad. I like the creativity, I just don’t think is worth cutting it down to a 2 door and shortening the frame.

Brute

Hooked
Creating a unique build is understandable, but taking the JT and chopping it down to this doesn’t make sense. They could’ve done the same thing with a JL. And I totally understand the struggles of long trucks. I drove 4 door F350’s for a very long time, but I can’t imagine the JT is that bad. I like the creativity, I just don’t think is worth cutting it down to a 2 door and shortening the frame.

I understand your point...when I had Brute on 35's...and got high centered on the trail occasionally...eventually changed suspension, tires and gearing to where it is today...while it is far more capable than when I first got it, it's still cumbersome on the trail...I'm going to make a few mods to the bed cage and turn this into a camping rig...

I'd like a Gladiator truck with about 128" wheelbase...and the original 5' bed. The only way to do this is shorten the frame and eliminate the rear doors...and make a king cab with space behind the front seats...and a small window on each side behind the seats as well...I think this would still look like a Gladiator truck with better break over & departure angles...and would make it a bad ass trail rig...

What Dynatrac did was shorten the frame to make a 120" wb truck...which is real close to the JL wb...hence your argument...

Brute

Hooked
What axle gearing did Dynatrac go with?...also do you know if the have the front and rear cameras?

I like this more than with the camper box...

jjlong

To me, it looks a little bit like a Spec Trophy Truck. I think it needs a full cage that ties in to the flatbed. Put a few tool and fluid holders back there and they might have something.

Top Bottom