Dynomax evolution competition exhaust

Lane87

I've been running mine for about 3 weeks now. The install was cake but removing the stock exhaust from my 08 took every bit of three people. I'd say we spend a good 6 hours just to remove it due to all the rust.

On a side note. Has anyone else had problems with not being able to put change in the tray in front of the shifter due to the vibration? One quarter will vibrate so much I can't stand to put anything there now.

aldaman

Yes, I followed step two, cut 2.5 inch from intermediate pipe. No issues with that step. The cut is to shorten the intermediate pipe so the exhaust can fit between the two frame cross members. Not sure the correct technical term for them. Someone with correct me it I'm wrong.

Just installed mine today and had to cut the intermediate pipe. I noticed this allowed proper clearance from the evap skip and the turn down pipe's hanger....

Love the new aggressive sound :thumb:

BLK_Mamba_JKU

Just installed mine today and had to cut the intermediate pipe. I noticed this allowed proper clearance from the evap skip and the turn down pipe's hanger....

Love the new aggressive sound :thumb:

Did you have to trim the evap skid plate? What about the most aft clamp, did it fit without tweaking?

There was a question about vibration in the ash tray...I don't have that problem. But I had noticed a slightly annoying vibration sound that occurs at a low rpm rolling to a stop. Something not right.

Maybe there is a break in phase.

Gibbo

Dynomax competition exaust

I 'v been following you all on this thread, and you convinced me to buy one. Dynomax has just informed me that the comp system will not fit my 2 door because of the shorter wheelbase it will exit above the rear axle causing issues, so I'm going to cancelled my order with Quadratec. I'll have to choose another one, maybe the rockcrawler system will do.

aldaman

Did you have to trim the evap skid plate? What about the most aft clamp, did it fit without tweaking?

There was a question about vibration in the ash tray...I don't have that problem. But I had noticed a slightly annoying vibration sound that occurs at a low rpm rolling to a stop. Something not right.

Maybe there is a break in phase.

No, instead of trimming the evap I took a brass punch and pounded that particular area flat so that the hanger/bracket can be installed flushed. Prior to that I just bolted it on the evap, so it wasn't flushed and hung low. This caused vibration on the exhaust pipe and had that rattling sound. If you are referring to the clamp by the turndown pipe, that clamp fit w/out any tweaking.

BLK_Mamba_JKU

No, instead of trimming the evap I took a brass punch and pounded that particular area flat so that the hanger/bracket can be installed flushed. Prior to that I just bolted it on the evap, so it wasn't flushed and hung low. This caused vibration on the exhaust pipe and had that rattling sound. If you are referring to the clamp by the turndown pipe, that clamp fit w/out any tweaking.

Good to know, it wasn't me. I should have waited and thought it out for a different solution. Instead of cutting the evap, I could have simply grind the edge of the hanger bracket to fit flush. Anyhow, it's done.

Funny how a year ago I would have hesitated to take the saw zaw and cut any part of the jeep i.e. stubby bumper. Now I chop it up like it ain't no thing.

Skid_Kid

Just got mine from Amazon with free two day shipping for $187!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skid_Kid

I just canceled mine. I have a two month old son and am kinda worried that it dumps right under where his seat sits.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just canceled mine. I have a two month old son and am kinda worried that it dumps right under where his seat sits.

Well, I can't say we've ever had a problem with the exhaust being where it is but, you can always get the kit that comes with the tail pipe that exists out the back.

Skid_Kid

Well, I can't say we've ever had a problem with the exhaust being where it is but, you can always get the kit that comes with the tail pipe that exists out the back.

I was looking at that one. Think it is called the "rockcrawler". I am not worried about the exhaust fumes in he cab, plenty of others on here don't have the issue. I am more worried of the exhaust notes and tones bothering him while he rides with me. I just watched the video you have of Rubicat about 10 times and it does not seam that bad. Just me being a worry wart I guess.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I was looking at that one. Think it is called the "rockcrawler". I am not worried about the exhaust fumes in he cab, plenty of others on here don't have the issue. I am more worried of the exhaust notes and tones bothering him while he rides with me. I just watched the video you have of Rubicat about 10 times and it does not seam that bad. Just me being a worry wart I guess.

Would probably soothe him and allow u some peace while u drive. 👌👍 That was a good price too!

kludwig13

Is there any difference in sound with the competition exhaust when comparing it to the one that has the tail pipe exiting out the back?

Skid_Kid

Ok anybody got any tips on the exhaust hangers!? About to go redneck on them! My hands and arms look like I got attacked by a cat! :doh:

How does Eddie manage to keep from getting tore up on his installs! :cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Ok anybody got any tips on the exhaust hangers!? About to go redneck on them! My hands and arms look like I got attacked by a cat! :doh:

How does Eddie manage to keep from getting tore up on his installs! :cheesy:

Did you spray them down with WD-40 or other lube (que giggles) first? I used a pry bar and brute strength. They can be a bit of a bitch. It also helps to have a friend there who will think you are a wuss if you can't get them off. :thumb:

Skid_Kid

Did you spray them down with WD-40 or other lube (que giggles) first? I used a pry bar and brute strength. They can be a bit of a bitch. It also helps to have a friend there who will think you are a wuss if you can't get them off. :thumb:

Yeah I coated them. I only have 7000 miles on my rig so I thought they would be a bit easier. But I think it is the opposite. I will try again tomorrow. Have to get ready for work. I am bringing it with me though. Have a way better pry bar selection at work!

Top Bottom