EAST Meets WEST: Prep thread

Jsouder53

Hooked
Hey I’m not saying I would ever actually run them. Lol they sound great in theory but when time comes for upgrade I’ll stick to a King/Evo setup

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Lol I wouldn’t run them either, I would definitely go with king coil overs.

J&k_Overland

ORI is a company that makes Struts that replace your coil/shock setup. Similar to an air shock. Basically an ORI has an internal bump stop, and you don’t need a sway bar.

Thx. Sounds like a bad plan.

ORI I recall was offering shop franchises about 14 years ago.

Rst8rox

Aren’t they more setup for just crawling? How are they for road manners and desert stuff?

Mine handle great on the road. As far as desert stuff goes I live in Northern Michigan, the closest thing to the desert we have is the sand dune’s. I have run them as hard as I can push the jeep and they have felt great. They will heat up after a lot of high speed bombing but not enough to drastically change the way they ride. If that was your main thing you would definitely want to upgrade to their external reservoir.
They will never be as good as coilovers and bypasses in the desert but for the once in a while go fast session you wouldn’t be disappointed. Keep in mind this is just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Mine handle great on the road. As far as desert stuff goes I live in Northern Michigan, the closest thing to the desert we have is the sand dune’s. I have run them as hard as I can push the jeep and they have felt great. They will heat up after a lot of high speed bombing but not enough to drastically change the way they ride. If that was your main thing you would definitely want to upgrade to their external reservoir.
They will never be as good as coilovers and bypasses in the desert but for the once in a while go fast session you wouldn’t be disappointed. Keep in mind this is just my 2 cents.

With just a little experience to back up those two cents

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Rst8rox

Cool. Nice to hear from some one that has actually used em. Instead of the usual “there junk, buddies cousins friend saw em at blah blah blah”

It’s actually the opposite, most buddies that run coilovers that ride in Rst8rox are always impressed with how smooth and stable my rig. A few have even swapped to ORI’s shortly after and have been happy that they did for what it’s worth.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

That’s great to hear. I’ve seen them but never had a chance to really wheel with someone who has them or experience them. I might have to put those on my radar

J&k_Overland

It’s actually the opposite, most buddies that run coilovers that ride in Rst8rox are always impressed with how smooth and stable my rig. A few have even swapped to ORI’s shortly after and have been happy that they did for what it’s worth.

Are you coming to Moab/CO with it ? I’d be interested in checking them out. Have a TJ that I’m uncertain what I want to do with.

Top Bottom