Editing my post to put a female emoji in its place doesn't leave much for speculation

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to get into any he said she said arguments...

There's no need for you to get into anything as it's all there in black and white back on post #8. Your pal made the slanderous accusation that I "edited his post" to put some kind of offensive "female emoji in its place" and this was done as a result of my maturity level.

...but I do personally know tgoss and he is one of the most positive, helpful and humble people I know. He's literally the guy that would give you the shirt off his back! Or in my case, literally a new tie rod to replace the one I bent last time we were out wheelin together

While your pal might be positive and helpful, "humility" doesn't really seem to be his strong suit or at least not to me anyway. One would think that a humble person would know when they genuinely screwed up and would make more of an effort to rectify things. But hey, when you've already got a idea of the kind of guy that I am and for some reason unbeknownst to me, "haven't felt welcomed" here for some time, I guess it's easier to just leave. :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can agree with you as well. Tgoss is a standup guy and on the trail is the first to grab tools and get dirty, stack rocks, spot, or just be that bright spot. Eddie I don't know you personally but I know that you are no different than that as well. This all was a BIG misunderstanding by 2 guys that got way out of hand!

Let's be clear here, the only "BIG misunderstanding" was made by your friend. HE assumed I did something that I clearly DIDN'T and proceeded to make a very clear and SLANDEROUS ACCUSATION against me. While your friend was forced to realize his error and made a general apology for HIS MISUNDERSTANDING and ASSUMPTIONS, he NEVER apologized to me directly and specifically for his SLANDEROUS ACCUSATION. Now, maybe it's just me but personally, I think it's the least a "standup guy" could do.

Something that I hate to see go down like it did.

Tal, Wayalife or not I would be honored to wheel with you anytime!

Well, if you think that I'd be no different than your friend on the trail and would be honored to wheel with me anytime even though you don't know me personally, maybe you should let your friend know as much.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is the appolgy that he said was meant for Eddie but mis quoted the wrong person. After that is when it got out of hand.

If I may, I'd like to make a correction and point out that things got out of hand when your friend made his ERRONEOUS and SLANDEROUS ACCUSATION against me.

Journeyman

There's no need for you to get into anything as it's all there in black and white back on post #8. Your pal made the slanderous accusation that I "edited his post" to put some kind of offensive "female emoji in its place" and this was done as a result of my maturity level.

While your pal might be positive and helpful, "humility" doesn't really seem to be his strong suit or at least not to me anyway. One would think that a humble person would know when they genuinely screwed up and would make more of an effort to rectify things. But hey, when you've already got a idea of the kind of guy that I am and for some reason unbeknownst to me, "haven't felt welcomed" here for some time, I guess it's easier to just leave. :naw:

Yes he could have been more specific in apologizing! I don't know what led him up to having those feelings previously to this thread as I don't keep track of him on WAL. But I do know communicating over the internet/text always seems to get misunderstood and possibly there was something previously misunderstood [emoji848] and yes he is humble person, I believe his response to overlander was a great example of that. Anyways I'm not here to defend his honor or any of that bs, he's a grown man. He's just rad guy that I personally know, so there's no misunderstanding those human interpretations [emoji1365]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Yes he could have been more specific in apologizing! I don't know what led him up to having those feelings previously to this thread as I don't keep track of him on WAL. But I do know communicating over the internet/text always seems to get misunderstood and possibly there was something previously misunderstood [emoji848] and yes he is humble person, I believe his response to overlander was a great example of that. Anyways I'm not here to defend his honor or any of that bs, he's a grown man. He's just rad guy that I personally know, so there's no misunderstanding those human interpretations [emoji1365]

That's good to know. He acted kind of assy in here yesterday, though. I can't understand why, either.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Being that he's such a rad guy and one that you know personally, perhaps you should convey how you think "he could have been more specific in apologizing!" Being that you "don't know what led him up to having those feelings previously to this thread", perhaps you can ask him. Your friend clearly made a SLANDEROUS ACCUSATION against me and no "human interpretations" are needed to see that.

dillard09

Let's be clear here, the only "BIG misunderstanding" was made by your friend. HE assumed I did something that I clearly DIDN'T and proceeded to make a very clear and SLANDEROUS ACCUSATION against me. While your friend was forced to realize his error and made a general apology for HIS MISUNDERSTANDING and ASSUMPTIONS, he NEVER apologized to me directly and specifically for his SLANDEROUS ACCUSATION. Now, maybe it's just me but personally, I think it's the least a "standup guy" could do.

Well, if you think that I'd be no different than your friend on the trail and would be honored to wheel with me anytime even though you don't know me personally, maybe you should let your friend know as much.
Yes sir. I understand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

Being that he's such a rad guy and one that you know personally, perhaps you should convey how you think "he could have been more specific in apologizing!" Being that you "don't know what led him up to having those feelings previously to this thread", perhaps you can ask him. Your friend clearly made a SLANDEROUS ACCUSATION against me and no "human interpretations" are needed to see that.

Nope I'm good [emoji1374] no need on my end.

WJCO

Meme King
For whatever reason he didn't feel 'welcomed' here lately, seems like he used this as a way out anyway and was planning on leaving at some point.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have to wonder if this isn't the reason. I've read over this thread, several times, and still can't figure out why tgoss doesn't feel welcome here. IMG_0102.JPG

Now if he's friends with one of the biggest WAL haters out there, that would explain a lot.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to wonder if this isn't the reason. I've read over this thread, several times, and still can't figure out why tgoss doesn't feel welcome here.

Now if he's friends with one of the biggest WAL haters out there, that would explain a lot.

LOL!! That's right, he's buddies with that jkwranglers thief/hater of me. Here's a screen shot that GraniteCrystal posted up from that guy not too long ago.

attachment.php

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...e-Eddie-Thread?p=915588&viewfull=1#post915588

Sure says a lot to me. :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is "gay" of life still supposed to funny or hateful? These guys never left the third grade apparently.

Good question. Of course, being that I'm apparently an "asshat" and that's the reason why AAA left me stranded, I might have to go with hateful. Of course, this is the internet and maybe I'm just misunderstanding what he's trying to say. :idontknow:

tgoss

I owe this thread at the very least a brief response to clear things up. I've been an active member here for some time, so I feel a necessary reply to those who are deserving of one.

If you do know me personally, which many other active members of this forum do, you would likely say the same things that they did in this thread. For that I thank Jake and Issac. Means a lot that you would chime in when absolutely not necessary. I appreciate the things you guys have said and know that I feel that same about you.

If you don't know me personally, well it's odd to me that you would analyze how and who I am as a human being.

I'm going to be brutally honest in my reply in hopes doing so doesn't further damage, but honest and straight forward is the kind of person I am.

Just saying, if you're going to offer an apology, you do it like this

Now I'm not talking myself up, I ain't no saint, but you have to at least mean it

Thank you for the advice, however I am not going to make a special thread to apologize. Luckily I've been granted my own here. And to me, yes you are talking yourself up.

I have to wonder if this isn't the reason. I've read over this thread, several times, and still can't figure out why tgoss doesn't feel welcome here.

Yes, this has definitely been a factor of that. I am fairly active on Instagram and while my rig gets re-posted quite often I know there really isn't shit I can do about it but say "thanks for the share" even though I don't care, am not flattered and simply move on with my day.

Backstory for anyone who gives a shit - A very close friend of mine invited the owner of this page to wheel with us in Big Bear, never met him before, personally had no idea or care in the world in regards to his issues on WAL. His personal differences are his business, not mine. He gave me no trouble and quite honestly didn't say shit to me about wayalife knowing I was a member or forums in general. We never discussed this place, just shot the shit on the trail when we were stopped. I ended up having to get my buddy off the trail that day when his rear carrier blew apart so I spent the majority of that day on my back under a jeep wrenching and drinking beer when I could, so there ya go.

His personal vendetta against Eddie is something of his own. I don't sit around and talk trash. If I have something to say to you, I will. But masking on the internet isn't my thing... just look at my username. I am who I am.

I am not one for drama of any kind so when he trolled a thread with that picture in a forum member only run it didn't sit well with me and he knows that. Did I invite him to the run as Eddie inquired: No I did not. Am I associated with him/his actions or instragram page: No I am not.

I am just a simple dude. I really love my Jeep. I love to wheel it. I love to wrench on it. I truly love to help others in the community and that includes just about anything from advice, installations, repairs, what have you.. On or off the trail.

At the end of the day, I know the kind of person that I am, and yes that can be an insensitive one at times.

LOL!! That's right, he's buddies with that jkwranglers thief/hater of me. Here's a screen shot that GraniteCrystal posted up from that guy not too long ago.

Sure says a lot to me. :rolleyes2:

Eddie,

To start, I am sorry I made you feel in a way that was anything other than positive. Was not my intention and I will be completely honest, I did not think it was a big deal. To me personally it was a small misunderstanding and can see how my reaction of the entire situation could make an impression that I was being very insensitive or perhaps apathetic.

While I can be both at times, again in this instance, not my intention. This is the internet, not a face to face interaction with a single person one on one. Therefor a lot can be led to misunderstand and unfortunately you and I are in that very spot with one another.

Was I in the wrong? Absolutely. I admitted that and I have apologized... and am here doing so again.

I ask myself if I could have handled the situation better, and the answer is always yes. I am by no means perfect, I am trying to improve every single day on myself.

This being said, I do feel with the possible bias you have towards me because of who you think I am/am not affiliated will ultimately be a deciding factor of whether or not you will move passed this yourself and why I will likely not be an active member of your forum in the future.

I never once had any intention of leaving this forum or changing my activity level. I love this place. I spend a great deal of time reading through and interacting with it's members and have always tried to leave a positive footprint. I have met some amazing people here that I am blessed to call close friends that I enjoy time with on and off pavement. Good souls reside here, hence why I stay active and for the most part as helpful as I can be.

I don't want to reopen this and hash it out anymore, so I will leave it at that. Again, Eddie, this is your home and revenue stream and I have no intention of fucking that up for anyone. I'll simply leave the ball in your court and I hope this is a formal apology and explanation that leaves a better impression than that of what I left with prior.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To start, I am sorry I made you feel in a way that was anything other than positive. Was not my intention and I will be completely honest, I did not think it was a big deal. To me personally it was a small misunderstanding and can see how my reaction of the entire situation could make an impression that I was being very insensitive or perhaps apathetic.

So that there is no "misunderstanding" here, the only one who apparently was made to feel anything was you, "for some time" now and this in regards to your feelings of not being "welcomed" here. To me personally, I have no idea what would have made you feel that way but I can see how those feeling would have caused you to react the way you did. I have no idea what impressions of insensitivity or apathy have to do with anything let alone the FALSE and SLANDEROUS ACCUSATION you made against me.

While I can be both at times, again in this instance, not my intention. This is the internet, not a face to face interaction with a single person one on one. Therefor a lot can be led to misunderstand and unfortunately you and I are in that very spot with one another.

Yes, this is the internet and unfortunately, because of it and how you weren't feeling welcomed here for some time, you allowed yourself to misunderstand what you were seeing.

Was I in the wrong? Absolutely. I admitted that and I have apologized... and am here doing so again.

And even now, you still can't get yourself to be SPECIFIC about what you did wrong. So that there's no misunderstanding here, I'll spell it out for you again - YOU FALSELY made a SLANDEROUS ACCUSATION that I had edited your post. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in my request for you to CLEARLY state as much. For anyone who knows me, they know that this will all be water under the bridge if you can just humble yourself and say as much.

This being said, I do feel with the possible bias you have towards me because of who you think I am/am not affiliated will ultimately be a deciding factor of whether or not you will move passed this yourself and why I will likely not be an active member of your forum in the future.

I never once had any intention of leaving this forum or changing my activity level. I love this place. I spend a great deal of time reading through and interacting with it's members and have always tried to leave a positive footprint. I have met some amazing people here that I am blessed to call close friends that I enjoy time with on and off pavement. Good souls reside here, hence why I stay active and for the most part as helpful as I can be.

This being said, you're kidding yourself if you really believe I had put ANY thought into you being affiliated with haters of mine prior to it being brought up again in this thread. If there is any bias I might have toward you now, it's based entirely on the SLANDEROUS ACCUSATION you willfully made against me.

In spite of what you've chosen to believe, I've never had a problem with you and I don't think you could find a single disparaging comment I've made against you in the past. If you really "love this place", it sure would be nice if you could choose sides and turn your back on people you know full well have a hatred against the creator of it or better yet, take the time to stand up for him the way your friends courageously stood up for you here. Of course, that would just cause drama and you're not about that.

I don't want to reopen this and hash it out anymore, so I will leave it at that.

:cheesy: Hence, the long winded post thanking your friends and explaining why you behaved the way you did instead of just saying "I'm truly sorry for allowing my feelings to confuse what I had seen and wrongly accusing you of being responsible for it."

Again, Eddie, this is your home and revenue stream and I have no intention of fucking that up for anyone. I'll simply leave the ball in your court and I hope this is a formal apology and explanation that leaves a better impression than that of what I left with prior.

How about you try it again and this time, without all the fluff. Hell, use what I said verbatim if you want but mean it and this will all be yesterday's news to me. That would leave a better impression. The ball is in your court.

Top Bottom