EMMA in all her ELEGANCE - TOTAL MAKEOVER of a 1969 Jeepster Commando

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow you don't realize how much the dings and dents take away from the look until it's all cleaned up. Had to be a ton of work but it came out great [emoji106]

Thanks. I'd be lying if I said that I got all the dents and dings out but I did get most and boy did it ever make a difference.

Looking amazing, You had lot of work handed to you with her. But can't wait to see the final master piece.

It was a LOT more work than I had originally thought but I am pretty happy with how she's coming out. Still have a lot of work ahead of me but I too am eager to see her done :yup:

Holy shit! Looks like a ton of work! Looks good though.

Thanks! I literally had to focus on just what was in front of me the whole time. If I thought about all that needed to be done, it was overwhelming enough to make me not want to work on it at all :crazyeyes:

That's tons of work there. But it's turning out really cool. Great work!

Thanks! Real happy with how she's coming out :cool:

Eddie,
All I can say you an artist and creator!!!! Cindy, I am sure you are his muse!!!!!!!!!
Great work and damn one day i want to tour that garage [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

LOL!! I don't know if I'd go that far but thank you. This is my first time going all the way to paint and it's been a hell of a challenge.

Really nice work!

Thank you. I just hope the final results will still be nice :shock: :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So good!

she's one ugly sexy bitch. Nice work !!

:cheesy: Damn straight she's an ugly one but you know that's what makes her so sexy. :D

Wow! That looks really good.

Thanks! I literally spent my Labor Day weekend wearing a respirator and covered in paint. :crazyeyes:

I'm drooling with jealousy... 👍

Well, I just hope you're still drooling once I'm done. She's looking good now and I'd be the first to say that sanding her down again will be a tough pill to swallow. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love it! I all most got one of those before i got my cj5.

Thank you. Can't go wrong with a CJ5. For sure, they're a lot easier to get parts for :yup:

That came out awesome!

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Was that a bit of powder/baby blue paint I saw on one of the sanding pics? How many coats/colors of paint did you have to go through.

A ton of work, but she's already looking great. So far, so good. I'd say it's worth the sweat! [emoji106][emoji41]

Honestly, I'm not sure what the deal was with the blue that I came across. If I could guess, it seemed more like a skim coat than paint. For my purposes, it took a gallon of paint to apply 3 coats of base. It also took a gallon of clear coat to top her off and I hope it was enough because it ain't cheap and I still need to sand it down. :icon_crazy:

MonkeyLeo13

Love how you make progress on your Emma project! Of course I enjoyed see your pictures contain garage that make me drool. Someday...

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Wow, absolutely stunning. Question, is LineX really that expensive by you? Around me, if you brought them a vehicle in that state (no stripping or anything required, ready to spray), they would charge you $175-225 to fully spray the inside of your Jeep, which seems pretty comparable to the amount it would cost in DIY gallons no?

jeeeep

Hooked
Emma looks great! nice work!

Great control as well! If it were me I'd be chasing the .."well, I better take care of this since I've come this far" and have it off the frame and a 1year project becomes 5 lol

I've gotten much better but my OCD itches when I do a repair and I feel I need to be taking things further (even though not necessary), I commend you for your restraint! :thumb:

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Wow, she's gonna be a nice ride when you're done. Every time you post up work being done on your old Jeeps I get the urge to go out and find a nice old Jeep to do this to. But then I see the bodywork part and I get bitch-slapped back to reality! Man, I am just no good at bodywork. :grayno:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow! Emma looks amazing! Even tho it was hard work I'm glad you had fun with it. Makes a project like this so much easier

Growlz

Holy crap! Great job! I can't wait to see it finished! What a tone of work that must be.... Nice!

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
That looks amazing! You guys are getting really good at restoring vehicles! First Calamity now Emma! The attention to detail and the amount of work you guys put in it is extremely admirable! I don't think I would have it in me to be able to do all that work. I'm not good at body work. Or at least I don't think and wouldn't want to try on a vehicle like that. Job well done sir and mam!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Looking great! I love seeing rare old iron in the hands of someone that takes the time to do things right.
I have sprayed some of the summit brand Urethane in the past too, and was pretty impressed by the quality for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

Would have been a good project either way, but I'm glad to see you taking the time to do it right. Lots of blood, sweat and tears I'm sure.

Top Bottom