Everybody has a price.... what's yours?

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I thought a lot about it and I really don't want to sell it. I countered with $65K firm. If he comes back with that then he has himself a Jeep. He's from San Antonio and seems to be for real. We'll see what happens.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
So for the last several weeks I have had this guy calling me about every three days wanting to buy my Jeep. He has seen it in action when he rode along with someone else. At first I thought he was kidding when he offered $50K for it. Today he gives me the name of his banker and tells me to call him. I laugh. Thinking this was a joke I looked the number up online (rather then use the one he provided) and called "his banker". It turns out to be a real person and the banker proceeds to tell me that the guy is good for the CASH. His latest offer is in the high 50's now. It actually has me thinking about it.

So the question here is, what is your price to give up your current Jeep?

My price is, if I have to think about it, I'm keeping it. Guess I'd have to ask myself, "OK, after the sale, then what?" Good luck!:thumb:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I received a deposit today..... He is coming to pick it up in two weeks. Can't believe it. I just called ORE to start the process for the next one... once I have cash in hand.

I built this one myself. There are mixed emotions because of all of the work that I did and letting it go. Granted I stole this one when I bought it new for $29K. It's not even the cost of the parts that are in it but the time and love that you put into building something yourself. The next one will also be the first one that I have let someone else build. I can say that I did sell it for what I had in it less my time. It's still hard letting go. The new owner will be here Sept 6th to pick it up.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I received a deposit today..... He is coming to pick it up in two weeks. Can't believe it. I just called ORE to start the process for the next one... once I have cash in hand.

I built this one myself. There are mixed emotions because of all of the work that I did and letting it go. Granted I stole this one when I bought it new for $29K. It's not even the cost of the parts that are in it but the time and love that you put into building something yourself. The next one will also be the first one that I have let someone else build. I can say that I did sell it for what I had in it less my time. It's still hard letting go. The new owner will be here Sept 6th to pick it up.

It's bitter sweet I'm sure. Congrats tho on the sell and looking forward to watching your new toy grow!

Sent from my iPhone

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Question is now do you go for the rubicon or sport and grab some prorocks?

The work in progress plan is to aquire a salvaged 2011 sport for $3500.00. The tub is straight but needs a new grill, hood and fenders. Frame is solid. Sell back the parts I am not going to use and then go full bore at ORE. Pro Rocks, DTD, Atlas and still be a capable daily driver. Oh, one other thing. I have a 6.4 SRT (still in the factory crate) in the garage that I bought from a guy on eBay that will go into it. How quickly this happens depends on the options I spec'd to Mel & Lisa earlier today and the end cost.

seanb123

The work in progress plan is to aquire a salvaged 2011 sport for $3500.00. The tub is straight but needs a new grill, hood and fenders. Frame is solid. Sell back the parts I am not going to use and then go full bore at ORE. Pro Rocks, DTD, Atlas and still be a capable daily driver. Oh, one other thing. I have a 6.4 SRT (still in the factory crate) in the garage that I bought from a guy on eBay that will go into it. How quickly this happens depends on the options I spec'd to Mel & Lisa earlier today and the end cost.

Geeze that sounds like an awesome build I guess the moto on it is "go big or go big "

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Why not looking for an 07 or 08 2wd if your planning to go all out. It wouldn't be salvaged and would still be cheap. If you get in a wreck with your salvage they will just take it and give you nothing. If you wreck a nice jeep they will give you more.

StrizzyChris

Why not looking for an 07 or 08 2wd if your planning to go all out. It wouldn't be salvaged and would still be cheap. If you get in a wreck with your salvage they will just take it and give you nothing. If you wreck a nice jeep they will give you more.

I don't know about the insurance aspect, but good luck finding a 07 even a 2wd for less than 15k that's in any kind of decent body/frame condition. Maybe able to find one in the rust belt!

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug

The 2011 will have the updated interior which will fit some parts that I have still in boxes like the weld in Syngery Roll Bar. Plus I happened to stumble on this one that they are holding for me at a dirt cheap price.

Top Bottom