EVO Coilovers vs. Enforcer what is the...

JAGS

Hooked
Alright, your gonna have to let me drive Rubicat next time we get together. I'd like feel the difference in ride quality for myself. :thumbs:

Good thinking! Can we start a list for that. LOL. With all the jeeps out there running various EVO lifts, there should be a demo day for those of planning our builds. :beer::brows:

Skid_Kid

Are you able to run the new front and rear bolt EVO bolt on coil over kit with the EVO MFG(4) Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit? According to their website is it for use with the EVO Lever. Is this the same kit that is running on RubiCAT?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you able to run the new front and rear bolt EVO bolt on coil over kit with the EVO MFG(4) Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit? According to their website is it for use with the EVO Lever. Is this the same kit that is running on RubiCAT?

Yes, you can but, you will need to do some welding.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
WAYALIFE is personally responsible for most of us spending more money then we had planned and changing what we have already done. Dam you WAYALIFE ( LOL ).

Donny

WAYALIFE is personally responsible for most of us spending more money then we had planned and changing what we have already done. Dam you WAYALIFE ( LOL ).

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO agree with this statement!!! :cheesy:

We were just gonna do a few "essentials" Rock slides, 2.5BB, 35" tires, floor mats, and a CB....then go exploring AZ back country.

BUT NOOOOOOOO:naw: We watch a few of his videos and get on here and read, read, and read some more and get SUCKED into the "Way Of Life" known as JEEP. Now we are trying to find ways to cut our food bill (poor grandson just hates Top Ramen:eek:) but he must contribute to the cause!!!

I will have a Bad A$$ jeep if it means we all skip one meal a day!!!:rock:

Donny

Donny

Yeah, I'm very happy with it. I'm sure at some point we will upgrade to long arms but its really low on the list. We need axles first. Maybe a set of sliders too!

It drives fast enough in the desert to scare me

ChrisB,

Did you add the Coilover setup to your stock Jeep or did you have another lift on it already? Do you feel you need to go to Long Arms for any particular reason? I am wondering because if I invest in this set-up I'd rather not feel as if I need to keep adding to it...cuz there is so much other stuff to buy ;) like you said AXLES.

Donny

bl17z90

I actually got control arm drop brackets to help with the ride quality and its worlds difference.

I am really unclear how and what the lever setup actually does, could someone elaborate?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Can someone tell me the difference between coilovers and a lift Kit such as EVO's Enforcer? Or is it an apples and oranges thing? :thinking:

I know I know...many stupid questions but I'm in a very aggressive learning mode right know:brows:

Donny

:cheesy: Ok I'll just let you ask and read all the posts.

I was in the PC support biz for a while and I always told people there is no such thing as a stupid question! If you don't know then ask. :thumb: It's better than being ignorant! :beer:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO agree with this statement!!! :cheesy:

We watch a few of his videos and get on here and read, read, and read some more and get SUCKED into the "Way Of Life" known as JEEP. Now we are trying to find ways to cut our food bill (poor grandson just hates Top Ramen:eek:) but he must contribute to the cause!!!

I will have a Bad A$$ jeep if it means we all skip one meal a day!!!:rock:

Donny

Man I feel ya! lol :cheesy::cheesy: Whats one meal a day for a sweet jeep? :rock:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I have been seriously considering the TerraFlex 2.5 lift with springs and shocks. I want to throw 35s under the jeep and this lift should cover me for all the trails we run in Colorado. I have heard pretty good things about the TerraFlex lift and it's only about $750 - $800 from the shopping I've done.

I definitely would like to go with with a EVO long arm kit maybe the DTD and 37s down the road but I'm not ready for the financial commitment to all the other upgrades I will need to cope with the larger tire size. I am running a 2012 6spd manual Rubicon JKU with 4.1 gears and 32s. I'm in the green with 35s but once I step up to 37s I will probably be best to re-gear according to the chart below. Plus strengthen the drive line components. :thinking:

Jeep gearing chart.jpg

I figure once the kids get a little older we will start doing those heavier mods. And eventually make it out to WOL's part of the world!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ChrisB,

Did you add the Coilover setup to your stock Jeep or did you have another lift on it already? Do you feel you need to go to Long Arms for any particular reason? I am wondering because if I invest in this set-up I'd rather not feel as if I need to keep adding to it...cuz there is so much other stuff to buy ;) like you said AXLES.

Donny

I believe he had a Full Traction 3" lift before but it could have been any standard coil/shock setup. There's just no comparison from them to a coil over setup. Regarding long arms, when you get up into the 4" range, your suspension geometry will be off enough that it will start to show itself in your ride quality. Long arms will correct your geometry and make your ride really nice especially on pavement or driving hard and fast in the desert.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am really unclear how and what the lever setup actually does, could someone elaborate?

Are you asking about the EVO lever? If so, it's a great design that allows you to mount your coil overs horizontally instead of vertically and does so by utilizing a cantilever system. By doing this, you can run an 8" coil over and still get 14" of vertical travel and keep everything out of harms way. :yup:

bl17z90

So it takes the place of the rear coilovers. I looked at it a bunch of times but I couldn't figure out what that 3200 dollar price tag was paying for. And I guess thats why the evo coilovers are sold in front and rear sets so you can use the lever instead?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So it takes the place of the rear coilovers. I looked at it a bunch of times but I couldn't figure out what that 3200 dollar price tag was paying for. And I guess thats why the evo coilovers are sold in front and rear sets so you can use the lever instead?

No. What you are paying for is the EVO lever frame, cantilevers and links that coil overs are attached to. Without them, you would not be able to run coil overs horizontally or see any of the benefits from them. The front coil overs are mounted in a more traditional up and down configuration.

bl17z90

Ok I just went and looked at it again and saw that theres an option to add king coilovers, if you get that then you have the full setup for the rear correct?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I just went and looked at it again and saw that theres an option to add king coilovers, if you get that then you have the full setup for the rear correct?

Correct. If in the future you want to upgrade to a full Double Throwdown triple bypass setup, you can with ease :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
ChrisB,

Donny

I had a 3" fulltraction kit as mentioned. Good kit, but it performs no where close to what coilovers do. There are definetly reasons like Wayalife mentioned to upgrade to a long arm and I will eventually. Just not right away. It will be before I install 60's.

Donny

Thanks guys,
Kelli and I have decided to add the front and back coilover kits to our build list. It seems like it will be overkill do to the limitations of my D30 but that will be gone as soon as we can save up for a PR44, since we want to run 37's. I was just trying to make sure if I dial it in at 3.5” on my stock equipment that I would realize a better performance return for the money. If I only intend to ever get to 37’s I just didn’t want to over buy if the Enforcer would give me equal results. So Coilover Kits front and back it is:thumb:

Donny

JAGS

Hooked
EVO Enforcer is not getting much love in this thread. Why is that? It's a pretty big $$$ jump from Enf to Coilover, right. Is the performance dif as noticeable as you say WOL, ChrisB etc.

My goal is to get to 37s and maybe some PR44 or beef up my stock Dana 44s on the RU. Not sure the best way to get there as a 10K+ pop all at once is a hard pill to swallow. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
EVO Enforcer is not getting much love in this thread. Why is that? It's a pretty big $$$ jump from Enf to Coilover, right. Is the performance dif as noticeable as you say WOL, ChrisB etc.

My goal is to get to 37s and maybe some PR44 or beef up my stock Dana 44s on the RU. Not sure the best way to get there as a 10K+ pop all at once is a hard pill to swallow. :crazyeyes:

The Enforcer kit is a great kit and in my opinion, the best around when it comes to standard coil/shock suspension systems. It's all about budget and what people can afford or are willing to spend. It's definitely not for everyone but, if you can afford more and are willing to spend it, a coil over set up is the way to go.

Top Bottom