EVO or Rock Hard 4x4 Skids

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just went out and took a shot of Moby's skid - this is what 8 years of going to the mall will do to it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424377729.691628.jpg

CRZRTX

Mine was heavily damaged like OLRAM30's picture above. Sure you can still wheel it that way, but a smooth surface is easier to slide over obstacles with instead of a wavy one. I was concerned that the fuel tank would be dented and hold less fuel if it wasn't protected better.

Eddie, you have done way harder trails than I have. I hope to join you one day on a run. You are a rock star!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Mine was heavily damaged like OLRAM30's picture above. Sure you can still wheel it that way, but a smooth surface is easier to slide over obstacles with instead of a wavy one. I was concerned that the fuel tank would be dented and hold less fuel if it wasn't protected better.

Eddie, you have done way harder trails than I have. I hope to join you one day on a run. You are a rock star!

Heavily damaged? Lol, it's perfect!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We just do different kinds of trails. It would help if I had 40s too.

I must have missed this before but wanted to point out that Moby hasn't always run 40" tires and has run all kinds of trails way before he ever did.

There's nothing wrong with "wanting" an aftermarket gas tank skid plate especially if you're "concerned" about what "can" happen without one BUT, to suggest that it's "necessary" to have if you rock crawl is a bit of a stretch. Left unchecked, vocal "concern" and "want" start to become "fact" on the internet and that makes me cringe to think about.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Lol that's funny shit. I stopped reading after heavily damaged though.

I'm not going to lie.... I wish someone made a replacement skid that went from the cross-member to the first gas tank brace. Mine is holding up well, but when I take my skids down to repaint (rust prevention) I can never line up the two bolts on the cross-member and have to waller them out everytime.

I see Moby has a little mod that may help with this ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to lie.... I wish someone made a replacement skid that went from the cross-member to the first gas tank brace. Mine is holding up well, but when I take my skids down to repaint (rust prevention) I can never line up the two bolts on the cross-member and have to waller them out everytime.

I see Moby has a little mod that may help with this ;)

:cheesy: ya know, that "little mod" was actually not made for this purpose but, it does help. In order to install the Full Traction long arm kit we use to have, the forward lip of the factory gas tank skid had to be cut. When we replaced it with the EVO long arm kit and got a new HD cross member, we needed to extend this lip back to what it was factory. Anyway, funny how things work out. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom