EVO Plush Ride Coils

suicideking

look really good sir! are they everything you dreamed they would be?
:eek:

andrew -

Thanks Andrew! Yeah, I actually expected less out of 4" springs vs. my 2.5". I thought it wouldn't handle as well, but had hope for the 'plushness'. I noticed slightly more body roll the first couple days. A week later and they feel great, real smooth.

I can't beat the deal I got on them though. Got them for free: Even trade for my RK 2.5". I'm so stoked! Only had to replace my rear shocks because they weren't long enough. Front shocks were already the correct part number.

Are these the same springs in the enforcer kit?

Probably a question for Evo to confirm, but I believe they are. On the Evo Enforcer page, it says: 'We Smoothed and Balanced the Overall Ride Quality with EVO Plush Coils...'

See: http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-ENFORCER-KIT

I really like their stuff. I ordered their rails last week.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
im thinking about switching to the 3" from my teraflex 2.5" coils....I shouldnt need new shocks should I? I have the bilstein 5100 that came with the kit when I ordered.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
im thinking about switching to the 3" from my teraflex 2.5" coils....I shouldnt need new shocks should I? I have the bilstein 5100 that came with the kit when I ordered.

You should be good. I don't think bilstein makes shocks specific to a 2.5" lift.

sacax

I am looking to get EVO Plush Ride coils and have a few questions. First I am wondering how much height I could expect from the 4 inch coil with my aftermarket bumper and winch? Second does anyone have any experience with these sagging over time? Thank you for your help.

Sent from my wayalife app

I thought you have the 3" ones and they sit quite high... am I wrong? are you not happy with those? :thinking:

aaronstephen

I did get the 3" coils. But when I called and talked with the guys over at offroad evolution they said they are really made to fit tire size and what I got was to fit 35's. I love the way it looks and am glad it sits higher than expected.

- aaron

Sent from the WAYALIFE app

sacax

I did get the 3" coils. But when I called and talked with the guys over at offroad evolution they said they are really made to fit tire size and what I got was to fit 35's. I love the way it looks and am glad it sits higher than expected.

- aaron

ok, did you get the drag link flip also? dont quite see it in the picture and i would like to know if it did change the handling...

thanks!

aaronstephen

I did not install the drag link flip kit. I have installed adjustable control arms to fix the caster and adjustable Trac bars to recenter the axles. I have little to no bump steer. Honestly, I think it's only in my head cuz I was expecting to have bump steer bad. I was advised by several ppl to just install the lift and go from there, since every jeep responds differently to lifts. It rides and handles great!!

- aaron

suicideking

What I did when I installed the springs: I took down the part numbers on my shocks and emailed Evo. They responded same day. I went from 2.5" RK coils to 4" Evo coils. My front shocks were already the correct part number, had to replace the rear.

As others have mentioned, since you're only going from 2.5" Teraflex to 3" Evo, I would expect your shocks to be fine. I'd still email Evo though.

I did not install the drag link flip kit. I have installed adjustable control arms to fix the caster and adjustable Trac bars to recenter the axles. I have little to no bump steer. Honestly, I think it's only in my head cuz I was expecting to have bump steer bad. I was advised by several ppl to just install the lift and go from there, since every jeep responds differently to lifts. It rides and handles great!!

- aaron

If you are getting that much lift from your coils, I would invest in the drag link flip. the geometry of your steering would need to be corrected I would think.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
What I did when I installed the springs: I took down the part numbers on my shocks and emailed Evo. They responded same day. I went from 2.5" RK coils to 4" Evo coils. My front shocks were already the correct part number, had to replace the rear.

As others have mentioned, since you're only going from 2.5" Teraflex to 3" Evo, I would expect your shocks to be fine. I'd still email Evo though.

just to be 100% sure thats prolly what I will do, going to decide after wheeling this weekend If i want to make the switch or not

aaronstephen

It is definitely on the list. But since it hasn't seemed to affect the steering it's not a high priority right now.

- aaron

aaronstephen

Thanks man. Yea that running list. Just when I think I've chipped a few things off it seems to grow again. :)

- aaron

sacax

- aaron

would you happen to have some flex pics? off road maybe? I would love to see how it does where it belongs... :)

aaronstephen

I don't. The lift has only been on for a week or two. I am wheeling next weekend , so I'm sure I'll get some good pictures then.

- aaron

jkrossi

Does any one know if I can install the 3" coils and ditch my budget boost an not have to install any other components for a little?

So pretty much just remove the stock coils and spacers and install 3" coils, longer shocks and brakelines.

Any advise would be great.

suicideking

Thanks man. Yea that running list. Just when I think I've chipped a few things off it seems to grow again. :)

- aaron

Yeah, my list is the same way. It's on the list, but um yeah, LONG list.

I've had 'New front bumper' at the top of my list since I got it. Somehow something always comes up that's more important. I'm the only one I know that did an axle swap and rear locker before replacing the front bumper. Maybe if I can stop replacing crap I already have, I'll finally get to it... :D

I'm also adding upper CA's to the list. I figure if you're going to commit to 4" springs, it's going to need the drag link flip and uppers. Those items aren't that expensive compared to the other $1000 items I keep adding. It adds up though. :idontknow:

Top Bottom