EVO Plush Ride Coils

suicideking

wow!
so you got approx 4.5" lift out of the 3" coils??? i wonder what would EVO say to that... did you measure it with or without bumpers, etc.

Interesting point -- I'm running a chopped OEM bumper. Probably drop some when I add a steel bumper.

However, 4.5" out of 3" coils sounds about right in the front. With my RK 2.5 springs, I got 4" front. Always taller in the front to correct for the rake + bumpers/winch.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
wow!
so you got approx 4.5" lift out of the 3" coils??? i wonder what would EVO say to that... did you measure it with or without bumpers, etc.

Yeah this is contrary to what I've heard, kind of disturbing as this is what I'm going for. What did you measure exactly?

of course there is going to be a bit more in the front as to level the vehicle out, but an inch and a half seems a bit much. from my experience with the EVO coils, on the 4 door you get what it says and maybe a bit over on a 2 door. but I could be wrong... :confused:

andrew -

suicideking

of course there is going to be a bit more in the front as to level the vehicle out, but an inch and a half seems a bit much. from my experience with the EVO coils, on the 4 door you get what it says and maybe a bit over on a 2 door. but I could be wrong... :confused:

andrew -

Well if anything, at least it's consistent: I had 2.5" RK coils before. After switching to the 4" Evo it measured exactly 1.5" taller.

suicideking

true, but does that account for any sag in you RK coils? either way though, the EVO is taking you where you need to be...

andrew -

It was the actual measurement, so would include sag. Don't think the RK coils sag much though, they are progressive rate and were over a year old. Again though, probably wouldn't sag much anyway since I have an OEM chopped bumper and no winch or anything else on the front.

aaronstephen

Yeah this is contrary to what I've heard, kind of disturbing as this is what I'm going for. What did you measure exactly?

This is where I measured...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366825713.634849.jpg

I am 4.5" taller at each of those measurements. I do have an aftermarket bumper as well which weighs in at 85#. It's sits nice and level with little to no rake, which I like.

Because of my measurements, it makes me think I was sent the 4" coils. Especially after hearing that suicideking has the 4" coils and has stock bumper and only sits 1" higher than me in the front.

- aaron

Sent from the WAYALIFE app

sacax

that would make sense, 4.5" in front from a 4" coil ...

andrew -

exactly!

my problem is that i really want the evo 3" lift but if it sits that high :thinking: ... does anyone know if the 2.8 crd engine is heavier than the pentastar? maybe this would help and usually diesels are heavier... cause i was thinking of a lighter front bumper also not to loose to much power...

aaronstephen

exactly!

my problem is that i really want the evo 3" lift but if it sits that high :thinking: ... does anyone know if the 2.8 crd engine is heavier than the pentastar? maybe this would help and usually diesels are heavier... cause i was thinking of a lighter front bumper also not to loose to much power...

I hear ya on that. I was hoping for it to be sitting at 3.5". Now it looks like ill be needing to buy more parts.

- aaron

sacax

I hear ya on that. I was hoping for it to be sitting at 3.5". Now it looks like ill be needing to buy more parts.

- aaron

this is my problem
i want a good quality lift (with great off road performance) and also to be sure of a great on road ride (which i believe can be achieved with EVO lift)
but i dont really want to struggle every time i go to the office :) so 4.5" out of 3" coil i really think is too much... at least for me and at least for the next 2 years...
and another issue: if RK's 2.5" max travel gives you around 4" in the front is basically the same thing so what to choose? :D:thinking:

aaronstephen

I get in and out of my JK with no problem with office attire. I'd go for it and pull the trigger on the EVO kit. It's awesome.

- aaron

MTG

Caught the Bug
I get in and out of my JK with no problem with office attire. I'd go for it and pull the trigger on the EVO kit. It's awesome.

-

Me too! It's fun trying to avoid the sliders caked in mud while wearing a suit. :rock: :cheesy:

suicideking

View attachment 26436

I am 4.5" taller at each of those measurements. I do have an aftermarket bumper as well which weighs in at 85#. It's sits nice and level with little to no rake, which I like.

Because of my measurements, it makes me think I was sent the 4" coils. Especially after hearing that suicideking has the 4" coils and has stock bumper and only sits 1" higher than me in the front.

- aaron

I'd contact Evo. Too bad they don't put part numbers on the springs (like OEM), that would make it easy. Maybe they have some sort of part # somewhere or can look at the original order to see if it was entered as 4"?

I'm sure they would swap them if they gave you the wrong part, but yeah, what a pain if that's the case. You're not local like I am, I could drive out there in around an hour.

aaronstephen

I'd contact Evo. Too bad they don't put part numbers on the springs (like OEM), that would make it easy. Maybe they have some sort of part # somewhere or can look at the original order to see if it was entered as 4"?

I'm sure they would swap them if they gave you the wrong part, but yeah, what a pain if that's the case. You're not local like I am, I could drive out there in around an hour.

Yea maybe ill call them.

- aaron

suicideking

this is my problem
i want a good quality lift (with great off road performance) and also to be sure of a great on road ride (which i believe can be achieved with EVO lift)
but i dont really want to struggle every time i go to the office :) so 4.5" out of 3" coil i really think is too much... at least for me and at least for the next 2 years...
and another issue: if RK's 2.5" max travel gives you around 4" in the front is basically the same thing so what to choose? :D:thinking:

I think the question here is if aaronstephen has 3" or 4". I got 1.5" less out of my RK 2.5" coils. That was 4" higher compared to factory, but only 2" in the rear. So the 3" are probably close to the RK 2.5". Probably very close to .5" higher.

View attachment 26436

- aaron

Just for sh*ts & giggles, I went and double checked my fronts.... I am at 22" and 13-3/4" respectively with the older version of the coil (what I believe is 3.5") so I am just about spot on to what I should be (if wrong and they are 4" then I have about 1/2" of sag).

Last edited:

aaronstephen

Just for sh*ts & giggles, I went and double checked my fronts.... I am at 22" and 12-3/4" respectively with the older version of the coil (what I believe is 3.5") so I am just about spot on to what I should be (if wrong and they are 4" then I have about 1/2" of sag).

and I am supposedly sitting on their 3" coils, yet my measurements ate 2" higher than yours. Hmmm. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow

- aaron

Top Bottom