EVO Plush Ride Coils

suicideking

You gotta love it though. :)

- aaron

Sent from the WAYALIFE app

Oh hell ya! :beer:

Does any one know if I can install the 3" coils and ditch my budget boost an not have to install any other components for a little?

So pretty much just remove the stock coils and spacers and install 3" coils, longer shocks and brakelines.

Any advise would be great.

You can do it, but it will probably ride a little funky. The guy that traded my 4" coils to me for my 2.5" coils did pretty much the same thing -- didn't have lower ca's or anything, just shocks, springs, and brake lines. You can build as you go. Probably will want an adjustable track bar and at least the front lower ca's. Then see what you think of it and go from there.

jkrossi

Oh hell ya! :beer:

You can do it, but it will probably ride a little funky. The guy that traded my 4" coils to me for my 2.5" coils did pretty much the same thing -- didn't have lower ca's or anything, just shocks, springs, and brake lines. You can build as you go. Probably will want an adjustable track bar and at least the front lower ca's. Then see what you think of it and go from there.

CA's???? Control Arms. And that would give me more articulation right?

suicideking

CA's???? Control Arms. And that would give me more articulation right?

Correct. Not just better articulation, but better handling on and off road. The CA's help correct the geometry of your suspension. Some of the less expensive lifts have only the front lowers and maybe a track bar. Those are what you should probably start with/budget for. Probably best to wait until you can do at least those parts and do the springs and shocks at the same time.

Doing just springs and shocks would essentially be half-assing it.

jkrossi

Correct. Not just better articulation, but better handling on and off road. The CA's help correct the geometry of your suspension. Some of the less expensive lifts have only the front lowers and maybe a track bar. Those are what you should probably start with/budget for. Probably best to wait until you can do at least those parts and do the springs and shocks at the same time.

Doing just springs and shocks would essentially be half-assing it.

For sure that's my thought as well just needed to confirm my thoughts with others you know what I mean. And not trying to half ass it but not trying to go over 3" because I'm in a wheelchair and the higher it goes the harder it is to get it. Ill have to hit the gym more just lift myself in lol. And plus I know I can get away with the basics on a 07 jk without running into drive line issue's if I keep it under a 4" lift.

suicideking

For sure that's my thought as well just needed to confirm my thoughts with others you know what I mean. And not trying to half ass it but not trying to go over 3" because I'm in a wheelchair and the higher it goes the harder it is to get it. Ill have to hit the gym more just lift myself in lol. And plus I know I can get away with the basics on a 07 jk without running into drive line issue's if I keep it under a 4" lift.

Probably good to stay 3" or under then. May want to consider 2.5" so you will be less likely to need a driveshaft. 3" will be cutting it close. Probably good to research if others that got the 3" needed to replace their driveshaft.

sacax

Probably good to stay 3" or under then. May want to consider 2.5" so you will be less likely to need a driveshaft. 3" will be cutting it close. Probably good to research if others that got the 3" needed to replace their driveshaft.

If its a 2 door you will have to change the rear drive shaft also... people say it might work with the OE drive shafts but you will just end up spending a lot more...

aaronstephen

would you happen to have some flex pics? off road maybe? I would love to see how it does where it belongs... :)

Here are a couple of poser shots. I'm sure I could get it to flex a bit more but ill save that for my next wheeling trip.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366576752.469173.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366576768.401949.jpg

- aaron

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Its a four door

here is what Eddie advises in his write up on a 3"

"Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 3" lift?
A: On a 2007-11 JK, at bare minimum, you should have a set of 3" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, rear brake line extension brackets, new longer rear sway bar links (factory links can be installed up front), adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket. Optimally, I would recommend adjustable front upper and lower control arms as well as they will help you set your caster to the appropriate angle it needs to be. Also, if you have a 2-door, adjustable rear upper control arms and a new double cardin U-joint style drive shaft would be highly advisable.

On a 2012-Up, you will want to install a new front drive shaft regardless if you have an automatic or manual transmission. Assuming you install new, longer shocks with your lift, the extra droop you will see at a flex will cause the slip shaft boot on the drive shaft to tear. However, that is just one problem you will encounter. Even if you install exhaust spacers or relocate the cross over, the CV boot at the output shaft will be sitting at a significant state of pinch and this will cause it to fail prematurely."

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...stions-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-JK-Wrangler

suicideking

Front shock mounts: 25"
Front springs: 17.5"

Couldn't really get to the rear. Didn't feel like crawling under there.

aaronstephen

Front shock mounts: 25"
Front springs: 17.5"

Couldn't really get to the rear. Didn't feel like crawling under there.

Thanks. That's helpful and clears things up for me. Mine is sitting at 24" so that must mean they indeed sent me the 3" springs. I was confused because I got 4.5" of lift out of them.

- aaron

sacax

Thanks. That's helpful and clears things up for me. Mine is sitting at 24" so that must mean they indeed sent me the 3" springs. I was confused because I got 4.5" of lift out of them.

- aaron

wow!
so you got approx 4.5" lift out of the 3" coils??? i wonder what would EVO say to that... did you measure it with or without bumpers, etc.

Top Bottom