EVO Plush Ride Coils

suicideking

Not the best flex pics, but here are some. Next time I'm going to get out and take my own pics mid obstacle.. :D

Attachments

• Hearbreak.jpg
    Hearbreak.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 194

DallasJKU

I'm currently running a light Jeep on an AEV 2.5" which netted me around 3". I run a PS brawler lite front bumper with no winch. I run a TF rear tire carrier and a Metalcloak rear bumper with 315's. I also run the rubi rails. No other weight added. I thought about changing the 5100's, but I really think the coils are not loaded enough on the AEV. I'm looking for a little softer ride on road. I really only want 3" of lift. Will these coils be a better option paired with the 5100's??

JK's JK

Banned
So this is great information about springs and what the actual hight is on different manufactors. So the EVO 4" springs really get you around a 4.5" + lift depending what you have on your right for sag right? If thats the case then looking at the EVO spring set up is the way I should go. Looks like they get good reviews. Dont know much about springs and seems there are different spring rates. What is the common spring rate you guys running on a 4-5" lift?

suicideking

I'm currently running a light Jeep on an AEV 2.5" which netted me around 3". I run a PS brawler lite front bumper with no winch. I run a TF rear tire carrier and a Metalcloak rear bumper with 315's. I also run the rubi rails. No other weight added. I thought about changing the 5100's, but I really think the coils are not loaded enough on the AEV. I'm looking for a little softer ride on road. I really only want 3" of lift. Will these coils be a better option paired with the 5100's??

I would think it's more likely your shocks. I also have the Bilstein 5100's. I switched from RK 2.5" springs to Evo 4" and didn't notice much of a difference. Many say that the 5100's are stiff. I get pretty beaten up on the fire roads on the way to the trails.

I'm planning to upgrade shocks at some point. Probably Fox 2.0 with reservoir.

aaronstephen

I would think it's more likely your shocks. I also have the Bilstein 5100's. I switched from RK 2.5" springs to Evo 4" and didn't notice much of a difference. Many say that the 5100's are stiff. I get pretty beaten up on the fire roads on the way to the trails.

I'm planning to upgrade shocks at some point. Probably Fox 2.0 with reservoir.

I've had the same experience with the bilsteins in the past. Stiff and shitty over fire roads and wash boards. In fact, I had an old set on Zone shocks I threw on for a month or so that out performed the bilsteins on the back roads. Now I'm running Skyjacker M95's and they have fared pretty well.

Top Bottom