EVO rear corner skins install

Panda

So I mounted my carrier this morning, here's how I did it.

I mounted the top driver side bracket first, one with the hole that it's made you go in, then I matched the passenger side upper with the driver side bolted it on. I used to saw horse and I mounted the carrier on the top brackets with a saw horse holding it up. I then used a rod from the top to the lower and leveled everything up so the holes lined up. I drilled the holes and mounted the lower brackets. At the very end I took a block of wood and smacked the two brackets on the driver side to open them up a little more to make the carrier open and shut easier. I made sure my brackets were far enough forward to miss the pinch seams. Came out great.

Way to go Bobby! Well done sir! See you should have moved to Cali we could have opened a jeep shop :thinking:

So I mounted my carrier this morning, here's how I did it.

I mounted the top driver side bracket first, one with the hole that it's made you go in, then I matched the passenger side upper with the driver side bolted it on. I used to saw horse and I mounted the carrier on the top brackets with a saw horse holding it up. I then used a rod from the top to the lower and leveled everything up so the holes lined up. I drilled the holes and mounted the lower brackets. At the very end I took a block of wood and smacked the two brackets on the driver side to open them up a little more to make the carrier open and shut easier. I made sure my brackets were far enough forward to miss the pinch seams. Came out great.

Looks great :thumb: just need a spare :cheesy:

jeeper52

LOSER
Looks real good man. When you open yours does it spring up a little? Mine does but i think the weight of the spare will keep it down?

jeeper52

LOSER
They all do that until the tire is on :thumb:

Ok cool i thought so. Everything turned out pretty good but im thinking about welding the carrier brackets on because the im worried about drilling through the body seem. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 1434340080487.jpg
    1434340080487.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 203
  • 1434340187702.jpg
    1434340187702.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 1434340252303.jpg
    1434340252303.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 204
Ok cool i thought so. Everything turned out pretty good but im thinking about welding the carrier brackets on because the im worried about drilling through the body seem. What do you guys think?

Up to you. From the pics it looks like you've missed it and will be fine.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You realize how many evo carriers are out there with holes drilled in the same spot and no issues correct? Why would yours be different?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Possibly the biggest mistake on installing this carrier. The bolts have to go through the tub.

It gives the carrier strength, without it. The carrier is held on by nutserts. Do what you want but you might as well use bubble gum for weld going this route.

jeeper52

LOSER
The brackets on the drivers side will definitely miss the seem. But the passenger side it looks like it will go right through the body seem. I guess i could fill in the holes on the brackets and drill new ones further away from the seem? Im not sure what would be the best option.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The brackets on the drivers side will definitely miss the seem. But the passenger side it looks like it will go right through the body seem. I guess i could fill in the holes on the brackets and drill new ones further away from the seem? Im not sure what would be the best option.

Drill it out, smack the seem with a BFH. Bolt it down and have a beer

Spudcannons

Second part, just finished installing the corner.

This literally took me right at an hour to do the entire corner. now I just have to attach the gas cap wiring the lights and I'm done.
Hope this helps.

Sorry for the random question but did your EVO tramp stamp come with bolts?

Top Bottom