F#@k your forum and f@#k you too

I would think that with shipping of an axle both ways and then the labor to fix this issue. Cost on PR44 housing would be an easier way out for them... But maybe I'm wrong. :thinking:

tech180

LOSER
I would think that with shipping of an axle both ways and then the labor to fix this issue. Cost on PR44 housing would be an easier way out for them... But maybe I'm wrong. :thinking:

I like the way you think, hopefully they will see it your way too, but I'm not gunna hold my breath on that.

Last edited:

tech180

LOSER
F my life!!!! Drove 40 miles to the tool store, spent $120 on a new die grinder and flapper wheels, come home and been grinding for hours and it's not working. So time for another 40 miles dive to get a angled die grinder and some expinsive carbide bits (another $140 and an hour of my time). 8 also had t9 get new axle seals and have,metal shavings all over this axle now, so more work. So far out $500 dollars and 3 days 9f hard labor fixing northridge4x4.com mess up, and still lots of work to go! So unhappy right now.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
I completely understand you frustration, but I still don't understand why you continue to throw money at trying to fix it, when Northridge said they would fix it for free.

tech180

LOSER
I completely understand you frustration, but I still don't understand why you continue to throw money at trying to fix it, when Northridge said they would fix it for free.

Its my daily driver and can't have it down for weeks or I would let um. Not to mention missing out on prob a,full month of good summer weather and all the events I wanted to attend Unless they want to provide a rental vehicle too, but they really didn't sound like they wanted to go to far to help correct this mess up.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Its my daily driver and can't have it down for weeks or I would let um. Not to mention missing out on prob a,full month of good summer weather and all the events I wanted to attend Unless they want to provide a rental vehicle too, but they really didn't sound like they wanted to go to far to help correct this mess up.

They are located in wa, could of already been there already. They offered to fix. Probably would have taken care of you.

tech180

LOSER
I don't think they want to take care of me. They just called and blamed me. They told me its my fault cause I didn't double check that they sent me the correct parts. Long story short, they said only help I get is if I bring them the axle. I just spent around $4,000 on parts from them and was planning another $4,000 next month.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Not really sure what else they could do honestly.
Based on everything you've done so far the only thing left is to drill out that tube and press another one in. I'm guessing you don't have that kind of equipment in your garage.

Take a deep breath, focus on finding a new housing and a way to afford it.
Then make a little bit of money back by selling the repaired housing.

olram30

I don't think they want to take care of me. They just called and blamed me. They told me its my fault cause I didn't double check that they sent me the correct parts. Long story short, they said only help I get is if I bring them the axle. I just spent around $4,000 on parts from them and was planning another $4,000 next month.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to double check parts. At this point you probably messed up your axle with the grinding. I doubt the new axle seal is going to fit. You really should have just thrown it on a pallet and shipped it and taken them up on their offer.

thardy

Banned
I guess it wouldn't hurt to double check parts. At this point you probably messed up your axle with the grinding. I doubt the new axle seal is going to fit. You really should have just thrown it on a pallet and shipped it and taken them up on their offer.

That was exactly my thought. They admitted it was there fault and that they would gladly take care of fixing it. I would have stopped what I was doing and worked with them to figure out the best course of action. I definitely would not have spent more of my $ trying to fix it.

tech180

LOSER
That was exactly my thought. They admitted it was there fault and that they would gladly take care of fixing it. I would have stopped what I was doing and worked with them to figure out the best course of action. I definitely would not have spent more of my $ trying to fix it.

They said they would fix the axles if I wold get it to them, which dosnet sound like fun at all and would have the jeep up on jack stands for who knows how long. I give um credit for atleast giving me an option, but they really shouldent call me up while I am already frustrated and tell me its my fault, not the best service there.

Last edited:

tech180

LOSER

Yeah, it is forsure a good idea to double check. Axle is fine, just grinder on the sleevs a bit. I just need to remove a quarter inch of material and it's good to go. Removing that quarter inch is tough cause none of my grinders fit in the hole.I need to try an angled die grinder.

Last edited:

olram30

Yeah, it is forsure a good idea to double check. Axle is fine, just grinder on the sleevs a bit. I just need to remove a quarter inch of material and it's good to go. Removing that quarter inch is tough cause none of my grinders fit in the hole.I need to try an angled die grinder.

You need to send it to them. Don't forget trying to put the locker in with the plunger, shims and all torqued right.
This is like going to McDonald's, ordering a double quarter pounder, not checking your order. Get home to find a single quarter pounder. get angry. Then decide to drive to the grocery store and buy patties and fix it yourself. In the end it would have been easier to take it back to McDonald's and have them fix it. They might have even thrown in a free apple pie.

sean.m.adams33

You need to send it to them. Don't forget trying to put the locker in with the plunger, shims and all torqued right.
This is like going to McDonald's, ordering a double quarter pounder, not checking your order. Get home to find a single quarter pounder. get angry. Then decide to drive to the grocery store and buy patties and fix it yourself. In the end it would have been easier to take it back to McDonald's and have them fix it. They might have even thrown in a free apple pie.

This is a great analogy.

thardy

Banned

That is exactly the situation here. Well put.

Grubbicon

Thank you for making me want dinner again.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I knocked my axle sleeve in to far! Or did I?????

So let me get this straight.

You order D44 sleeves.

They send you the wrong part but it's labeled correctly D30 sleeves.

You don't even read the box.

You then have issues with the install and you beat them in with a hammer

You then weld them in!

You then realize it's fucked up.

You call the vendor and they offer to fix YOUR fuck up for free. But you are mad they told you it's your fault..

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
So let me get this straight.

You order D44 sleeves.

They send you the wrong part but it's labeled D30 sleeves.

You don't even read the box.

You then have issues with the install and you beat them in with a hammer

You then weld them in!

You then realize it's fucked up.

You call the vendor and they offer to fix YOUR fuck up for free. But you are mad they told you it's your fault..

:doh: Should have trussed it instead. None of this would have happened. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom