F#@k your forum and f@#k you too

tech180

LOSER
So let me get this straight.

You order D44 sleeves.

They send you the wrong part but it's labeled correctly D30 sleeves.

You don't even read the box.

You then have issues with the install and you beat them in with a hammer

You then weld them in!

You then realize it's fucked up.

You call the vendor and they offer to fix YOUR fuck up for free. But you are mad they told you it's your fault..

Yes

No, it was labeled as dana 44 on the invoice, but there was sticker under a shipping label on the outside of the box that did in fact say dana 30 (Guess its my fault for not removing shipping labels?). There was no other instructions or tags that said different. Instructions where for a dana 44 or dana 30 FYI.

You have to beat them in with a hammer after the first inch of inserting them. Sledge hammer is not a precision instrument so your kinda hoping they are the correct size.

They offered to fix THEIR fuck up IF i can get the axle to them. Do you know what freight costs these days to ship an axle? I do not want to drive 500 miles to drop it off. Therefor its not "free", I lose my time and money getting the axle to them. Don't know about you, but I have a family and only one street legal vehicle right now, so even if I wanted to do that drive I have to work around my kids and wife.

What they did do for me was call me out of the blue while I was already frustrated to tell me how this all was all my fault and how they didnt like my posting on the forums. I never even asked the for help FYI, called them once to see what the deal was, but didnt ask for anything.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Yes

No, it was labeled as dana 44 on my invoice, but there was sticker under a shipping label that did in fact say dana 30 (Guess its my fault for not removing shipping lables?).

You have to beat them in with a hammer after the first inch of inserting them. Sledge hammer is not a persecution instrument so your kinda hoping they are the correct size.

They offered to fix THEIR fuck up IF i can get the axle to them. Do you know what freight costs these days to ship an axle? I do not want to drive 500 miles to drop it off. There for its not "free", I lose my time and money getting the axle to them. Don't know about you, but I have a family and only one street legal vehicle right now, so even if I wanted to do that drive I have to work around my kids and wife.

What they did do for me was call me out of the blue while I was already frustrated to tell me how this all was all my fault and how they didnt like my posting on the forums. I never even asked the for help FYI, called them once to see what the deal was, but didnt ask for anything.

You're willing to take multiple 40 mile trips to the store, but not willing to drive to Northridge? May be you could have talked to them about meeting you half way or something. You also state that you never asked for help from them, but then came on hear voicing your displeasure in them sending you the wrong part.

tech180

LOSER
You need to send it to them. Don't forget trying to put the locker in with the plunger, shims and all torqued right.
This is like going to McDonald's, ordering a double quarter pounder, not checking your order. Get home to find a single quarter pounder. get angry. Then decide to drive to the grocery store and buy patties and fix it yourself. In the end it would have been easier to take it back to McDonald's and have them fix it. They might have even thrown in a free apple pie.

If it was a 200 pound quarter pounder that you had to ship or drive it to a mcdonals hundreds of miles away and then wait a month to get a replacement, then ya your analogy makes since.

You think it easy and cheap to ship a 200 pound axle to someone? I so, you are mistaken. Specially when you live in a small town in the middle of nowhere that dosent have freight pickup. And again,. I dont want to be down a vehicle or that long.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
If it was a 200 pound quarter pounder that you had to ship or drive it to a mcdonals hundreds of miles away and then wait a month to get a replacement, then ya your analogy makes since.

You think it easy and cheap to ship a 200 pound axle to someone? I so, you are mistaken. Specially when you live in a small town in the middle of nowhere that dosent have freight pickup. And again,. I dont want to be down a vehicle or that long.

Then it sounds to me like you've made up your mind. What exactly were you looking for Northridge to do? :thinking:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yes

No, it was labeled as dana 44 on the invoice, but there was sticker under a shipping label on the outside of the box that did in fact say dana 30 (Guess its my fault for not removing shipping labels?). There was no other instructions or tags that said different. Instructions where for a dana 44 or dana 30 FYI.

You have to beat them in with a hammer after the first inch of inserting them. Sledge hammer is not a precision instrument so your kinda hoping they are the correct size.

They offered to fix THEIR fuck up IF i can get the axle to them. Do you know what freight costs these days to ship an axle? I do not want to drive 500 miles to drop it off. Therefor its not "free", I lose my time and money getting the axle to them. Don't know about you, but I have a family and only one street legal vehicle right now, so even if I wanted to do that drive I have to work around my kids and wife.

Let's see that invoice and shipping box.

You come on and flame a vendor but don't want their help when they call you?

What's your point in this thread then?

tech180

LOSER
You're willing to take multiple 40 mile trips to the store, but not willing to drive to Northridge? May be you could have talked to them about meeting you half way or something. You also state that you never asked for help from them, but then came on hear voicing your displeasure in them sending you the wrong part.

I didnt plan on multiple 40 miles trips, but had to. I never said I asked for help from them, simply said I was frustrated. I actually said they where a good company that treated me well until this. I was even still ok with them until a few hours ago when they called to blame this on me for no reason to tell me its my fault, was pretty unprofessional and said a lot about who they are IMO. There are other local companies like rockridge4x4, nitro gear an axle, randys ring and pinion that I have spent hundreds of thousands with (And highly recommend them all!) and they will get my business from now on. only reason I tried north ridge in the first place was because of this forum.

Last edited:

tech180

LOSER
Then it sounds to me like you've made up your mind. What exactly were you looking for Northridge to do? :thinking:

They didnt call me to help, they called me to point the finger at me. I didnt ask them to call even. I called to verify my findings that it was in fact the incorrect sleeve, I also wanted to make sure they where not sending them to other people who would end up in this situation. Like I said, I was fine with them until they called me a bit ago acting unprofessional for no reason. I would ahve been fine with a refund for the sleeves and some money/credit to cover the consumables I used to correct this. Didn want anything really.

Last edited:

spinuck

I didnt plan on multiple 40 miles trips, but had to. I never said I asked for help from them, simply said I was frustrated. I actually said they where a good company that treated me well until this. I was even still ok with them until a few hours ago when they called to blame this on me for no reason to tell me its my fault, was pretty unprofessional and said a lot about who they are IMO. There are other local companies like rockridge4x4, nitro gear an axle, randys ring and pinion that I have spent hundreds of thousands with (And highly recommend them all!) and they will get my business from now on. only reason I tried north ridge in the first place was because of this forum.

I don't normally get involved with these sort of threads, but can I ask if you're liquid for 100k? :thumb:

thardy

Banned
They didnt call me to help, they called me to point the finger at me. I didnt ask them to call even. I called to verify my findings that it was in fact the incorrect sleeve, I also wanted to make sure they where not sending them to other people who would end up in this situation. Like I said, I was fine with them until they called me a bit ago acting unprofessional for no reason. I would ahve been fine with a refund for the sleeves and some money/credit to cover the consumables I used to correct this. Didn want anything really.

And that's where we disagree. I felt like you were bad mouthing them and looking for them to fix the situation, even though they offered to, without you asking for it. I'd call that excellent customer service.

tech180

LOSER
I don't normally get involved with these sort of threads, but can I ask if you're liquid for 100k? :thumb:

lol, in the last 5 years I have built an FJ40, 3 jeep YJs (One is 1ton, hydro, coilover, 4 linked, 496 big block and lots more), 1ton built k5, CJ5 with tons of work/small block, th400 etc, 3 jeep JKs, FJ cruiser (Dont hate it was for my wife and I sold it), 2 f250s, 2 ram 2500s, 2 Nisan titans and the list gos on and on. So ya, I have literally spent 100s of thousands on parts, no exaggerating here. I have 3 sets of locked and built 1 ton axles currently in my shop.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
lol, in the last 5 years I have built an FJ40, 3 jeep YJs (One is 1ton, hydro, coilover, 4 linked, 496 big block and lots more), 1ton built k5, CJ5 with tons of work/small block, th400 etc, 3 jeep JKs, FJ cruiser (Dont hate it was for my wife and I sold it), 2 f250s, 2 ram 2500s, 2 Nisan titans and the list gos on and on. So ya, I have literally spent 100s of thousands on parts, no exaggerating here. I have 3 sets of locked and built 1 ton axles currently in my shop.
All that experience and you still put sleeves?
Are you affiliated with northridge in some way? You are acting just like they did when they called. Not professional at all.
It's actually you that is acting unprofessional.

tech180

LOSER
So I'm still waiting for the invoice and photos of the box.

FYI, the EXACT wording on their invoice says "dana 30/44 axle sleeve kit". The instructions say "dana30/44 axle sleeve kit". That is EXACT wording. That wording would make one assume it fits both, correct? Why would I think that its not a dana 44 axle sleeve kit? Do you run the part numbers of everything you receive to make sure its correct? I will grab a link to the instructions so you can see for yourself.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Are you affiliated with northridge in some way? You are acting just like they did when they called. Not professional at all.

What the hell are you throwing out "professional" for.

I don't want for anyone or represent anyone. I'm asking you to show pictures. If you are telling the truth you should have no problem taking a picture of the box and invoice.

Top Bottom