Fishing Jeepers...Post Up Your Pics

Brute

Hooked
Effing C19 cancelled both my Alaska & Kamchatka trips this summer...breaking out the rods and trying new lines & flies, taking out my frustration on the smallmouth bass, perch & crappie in the backyard

Attachments

• 0EA939A1-E026-41BE-8324-282E1FCD2300.jpg
    0EA939A1-E026-41BE-8324-282E1FCD2300.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 97

wjtstudios

Hooked
Effing C19 cancelled both my Alaska & Kamchatka trips this summer...breaking out the rods and trying new lines & flies, taking out my frustration on the smallmouth bass, perch & crappie in the backyard

Sucks, but Does that mean a JK6 might be making an appearance in Moab??

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TrailHunter

Hooked
Ok, I said I was going to get a fly rod setup a couple years ago..... never did ... but now I'm ready.. What's a good brand for a combo setup... My quick research points towards a 5wt, 7-9 ft ... maybe an Orvis or a Redington? $200 range? This will be mostly for streams or lake shores... any suggestions would be helpful... thanks

200 bucks
Redington, TFO, St Croix

Orvis Clearwater combo

Orvis Recon with mirage reel

1,000+++
Orvis H3 with HATCH reel

Scott Radian with Abel or HATCH

Once you get bit. Beware

WJCO

Meme King
Ok, I said I was going to get a fly rod setup a couple years ago..... never did ... but now I'm ready.. What's a good brand for a combo setup... My quick research points towards a 5wt, 7-9 ft ... maybe an Orvis or a Redington? $200 range? This will be mostly for streams or lake shores... any suggestions would be helpful... thanks

My opinion would be keep it cheap until you're sure you enjoy it. Fly fishing isn't for everyone. Especially if you fish in areas where there's a lot of vegetation and casting can be cumbersome.

TrailHunter

Hooked
My opinion would be keep it cheap until you're sure you enjoy it. Fly fishing isn't for everyone. Especially if you fish in areas where there's a lot of vegetation and casting can be cumbersome.

Good point... plus If my son likes it.. I could hand it off and step mine up a little. [emoji1417]

Brute

Hooked
Assuming for trout. That’d be great. A 9’ 5wt is a perfect go to for many many people for a wide range of conditions.

This.........

5wt weight forward floating line will cast dry flies or bead head wooly buggers just as easily...if I had only one fly to fish the rest of my life, it would be a size 8 bead head crystal wooly bugger in olive...that will catch trout in every body of water in the world...

Speaking of trout fishing, heading to Stehekin Valley Monday to fish the river; Kokanee have just started showing up in the river to spawn, and all the large trout in Lake Chelan are going into the river to eat their roe...

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
This.........

5wt weight forward floating line will cast dry flies or bead head wooly buggers just as easily...if I had only one fly to fish the rest of my life, it would be a size 8 bead head crystal wooly bugger in olive...that will catch trout in every body of water in the world...

Speaking of trout fishing, heading to Stehekin Valley Monday to fish the river; Kokanee have just started showing up in the river to spawn, and all the large trout in Lake Chelan are going into the river to eat their roe...

Bows or lake trout? Sounds like fun!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
West Slope cutthroats are native to the Stehekin River, and are a beautiful fish...as are bull trout, which are far and few between.

Did you fish all these places before you retired or started finding them and traveling after? Pretty impressive the amount of spots and areas you know to fish in. :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Did you fish all these places before you retired or started finding them and traveling after? Pretty impressive the amount of spots and areas you know to fish in. :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Never fished these places before I learned to fly fish four summers ago...still learning as I go, one of the benefits of being retired. Still have Tasmania, Kamchatka & New Zealand On the list

Top Bottom