From MYTH to LEGEND : The EVOlution of our Jeep Gladiator

Brute

Hooked
It looks very clean...what do you think about it's waterproofness?...some of us live where it rains a bit...

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Looks great! I love the fact that your gear will be all sealed up. Just curious if you feel like there's a loss of storage space?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great! I love the fact that your gear will be all sealed up. Just curious if you feel like there's a loss of storage space?

You definitely loose some storage space under the deck and I'm not thrilled about that. However, what you do gain is convenience and accessibility to things that would otherwise be hard to get to inside a built up truck. Plus, you can still pack things on top of the deck.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
You definitely loose some storage space under the deck and I'm not thrilled about that. However, what you do gain is convenience and accessibility to things that would otherwise be hard to get to inside a built up truck. Plus, you can still pack things on top of the deck.

I figured as much but I'm feeling the pro's outweigh the con's. The biggest complaint I've had with my JT is everything I pack is out in the elements. I'll be following you closing on this one!

WJCO

Meme King
I figured as much but I'm feeling the pro's outweigh the con's. The biggest complaint I've had with my JT is everything I pack is out in the elements. I'll be following you closing on this one!

Does yours have a tonneau cover?

Brute

Hooked
What WJCO said, it's 100% waterproof.

That’s great to know...I would give up some space for watertightness. The added benefit of sliding out your tool bag, recovery gear etc definitely saves the back...and I think it’s an ideal place to stow the spare on the deck...relatively easy to get on & off. I’m definitely going to check into this

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Good looking system. Is it something that can be easily removed and reinstalled? Maybe something like just hoisting it out and dropping it in when it’s gonna be used?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So, the top of the DECKED to the bottom of the rack measures just shy of 18". My small ARB fridge measures just a hair over 16". Assuming I can find a slide that doesn't sit too high up. I should be able to carry it even with a RTT. Being that I don't have one just yet, I could easily carry the fridge as is and still open it.

Oh, the pigtail you see is something I bought knowing it could be a problem

Thank you for the measurements. The new elements ARB fridge is 17.1 high. Hmmm.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Deck is pretty sweet, I really like that set up. This whole build keeps getting better and better!

LOL - thanks. Got more to do after we get back from the JL/JTX :yup:

That’s great to know...I would give up some space for watertightness. The added benefit of sliding out your tool bag, recovery gear etc definitely saves the back...and I think it’s an ideal place to stow the spare on the deck...relatively easy to get on & off. I’m definitely going to check into this

That was our reasoning for going this route. Definitely answers the question as to where to put the spare, carry a ton of gear AND carry a roof top tent.

Good looking system. Is it something that can be easily removed and reinstalled? Maybe something like just hoisting it out and dropping it in when it’s gonna be used?

"easily"? That might be a stretch. Definitely can be done but with some effort.

Thank you for the measurements. The new elements ARB fridge is 17.1 high. Hmmm.

Technically, that should still work so long as you can find sliders that sit low enough.

Top Bottom