Front Bumper Decision

07JKSahara

My main reason is due to the fact that you can get the CC Skinny with factory fog holes and stinger for right at $300.

I really like the 1/4 but I also really like the idea of having the factory fog light holes to run my Rigid D2s and then be able to run a light bar or additional cubes off the fairlead mount.

Thanks, for some reason I thought the price point was higher. I've looked at too many
Bumpers :(. They all start to blur. That's a great deal.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Thanks, for some reason I thought the price point was higher. I've looked at too many
Bumpers :(. They all start to blur. That's a great deal.

I definitely hear us on that. I've been back and forth on SO many different bumpers. I'm more than likely going with the CC at this point. It's the lowest cost for an American made bumper that covers everything I'm looking for.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I was originally going to go with SmittyBilt XRC MOD with the Stinger Bar but I've noticed that SmittyBilt doesn't have the best reviews with it comes to their products so I'm a little skeptical with purchasing and installing it on my Jeep. I was wondering if you guys had a personal favorite bumper that you typically like, bonus points if it has a stinger bar to help me with my decision to either keep looking or to just stick with the XRC setup. Also, for those who currently own the XRC MOD setup could I get a personal review on what you think of it and the pros and cons behind it?

Someone recently posted this on /r/jeep that made me really second guess buying their bumpers

Thanks!

Just to put things into perspective, the stinger broke but really, that's about it. Is it a crappy bumper? Yes. Did it really matter? No.

For all you guys wanting to spend top dollar on a name brand bumper, please don't cheap out by bolting up a POS Chinese made winch on it. A broken stinger won't leave you high and dry, a winch that fails to work when you need it will.

So that it isn't missed, I am in NO ways trying to suggest anyone should get a cheap Chinese made bumper - just that if I had to choose between getting a cheap Chinese made bumper or a high quality American made winch, I would spend my money on the later.

gantle

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427216497.605015.jpg
If you wheel, I recommend clearance be a key factor in a front bumper. PS Trail Stinger with skid means cutting the frame to make it as compact as possible. It allows for you to relocate the vacuum pump and rotate the Rubicon electronic disconnects up out-of-the-way. So much clearance I've yet to scrape the powder coating!

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 132961
If you wheel, I recommend clearance be a key factor in a front bumper. PS Trail Stinger with skid means cutting the frame to make it as compact as possible. It allows for you to relocate the vacuum pump and rotate the Rubicon electronic disconnects up out-of-the-way. So much clearance I've yet to scrape the powder coating!

My evo bumper has more clearance then that and I've hit it many times. The PS without the skid has more clearance sure but I don't get why you would want to cut 3+ inches off the frame horns.

Morkai

I really like the EVO and PSC bumpers. I've been debating the front bumper decision in my head for almost 2 months now, lol. Good luck with whatever you choose!

xkid

My main reason is due to the fact that you can get the CC Skinny with factory fog holes and stinger for right at $300.

I really like the 1/4 but I also really like the idea of having the factory fog light holes to run my Rigid D2s and then be able to run a light bar or additional cubes off the fairlead mount.

Where do you get that CC for around 300? Thanks.

Jk909

Anybody ever drill out the evo to accept factory fogs. I haven't seen one in person but it seems possible if you aren't running a winch

noroad

Anybody ever drill out the evo to accept factory fogs. I haven't seen one in person but it seems possible if you aren't running a winch

So this is robs he is quickstart on here, he welded in some support to help but looks good!

rob.jpg

Top Bottom