Going to a Long Arm.. What can I expect?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Dead serious. You're running 315s (34.25ish diameter). This isn't king of the hammers shit. This is average white guy show-off shit (no judgement). You need no more than 2.5 inches of lift to attract the ladies with your 35s. If I'm missing something, let me know.

Now, if you've got several grand burning a hole in your pocket and insist on long arms, fucking buy that shit! Paint them a bright color. Every brighter color on the color scale adds an inch of penis length! :thumb:

Fuck the rancho 2” kit is a million times better than a 4” long arm from terrorflex and the aev kit he has now

Timberman

I personally would not recommend AEV either.
Nobody I know would talk smack about WARN.
ARB makes great products.

With the TeraFlex kit, you can expect to blow out bushings and maybe tear a bracket from the frame.

EVO MFG DoubleD is what I would recommend.
http://amzn.to/2EFuhgq

It is what Cindy and I have been running for years and has performed the best of all the long arm kits we've seen.

I will check into the EVO kit.. As for the Falcon shocks... Can i assume they are shit too and go with fox?

Thank you for the info... Yeah... You wont hear me saying anything negative about Warn or ARB.. I've had both save my a** on the trail..

Timberman

Dead serious. You're running 315s (34.25ish diameter). This isn't king of the hammers shit. This is average white guy show-off shit (no judgement). You need no more than 2.5 inches of lift to attract the ladies with your 35s. If I'm missing something, let me know.

Now, if you've got several grand burning a hole in your pocket and insist on long arms, fucking buy that shit! Paint them a bright color. Every brighter color on the color scale adds an inch of penis length! :thumb:

What gives you the impression that I am looking to build a mall crawler here? I have almost $10k invested into the running gear alone and I made a mistake with the AEV lift.. If I had a little more understanding on the JK's suspension geometry I would have ran like hell from the AEV...

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I will check into the EVO kit.. As for the Falcon shocks... Can i assume they are shit too and go with fox?

Thank you for the info... Yeah... You wont hear me saying anything negative about Warn or ARB.. I've had both save my a** on the trail..

You can spend 3-4K on a LA kit if you want but starting out spending 200-300 on different coils seems more reasonably.

I have a 2.5” Lift w/ 37s and my spine is intact.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
What gives you the impression that I am looking to build a mall crawler here? I have almost $10k invested into the running gear alone and I made a mistake with the AEV lift.. If I had a little more understanding on the JK's suspension geometry I would have ran like hell from the AEV...

All bullshit aside, if you're seriously sticking with your 315s, you can run a 2 or 2.5 inch lift or leveling kit just fine. It doesn't affect your steering angles, nor control arm angles, nor driveshaft angles. There is no need for a long arm kit either. You could seriously spend 500 bucks or less on a 100% USA-made kit and be done with it.

Now if you are set on a long arm kit, do us all a favor. In this great nation, buy a US made long arm kit (not Teraflex).

Clutch

Caught the Bug
If you buy Evo stuff and don’t like it, you can sell it on here and it will sell fast. Seems like a no-brainer. If you buy teraflex and don’t like it good luck.

Timberman

All bullshit aside, if you're seriously sticking with your 315s, you can run a 2 or 2.5 inch lift or leveling kit just fine. It doesn't affect your steering angles, nor control arm angles, nor driveshaft angles. There is no need for a long arm kit either. You could seriously spend 500 bucks or less on a 100% USA-made kit and be done with it.

Now if you are set on a long arm kit, do us all a favor. In this great nation, buy a US made long arm kit (not Teraflex).

The problem with most 2.5" lift kits is that they use the stock control arms.. This shortens the wheelbase and essentially makes you feel every bump in the road.. Off Road it is fine, but i do not do a whole lot of overland type driving off road. I need flex over rocks, etc..

With all of the douche-baggery aside; if I find out that the CT4 is not USA made.. its game over.. I have their TF D44 and it is made in the USA, so if their kits are not USA made I will be looking for other options..

Timberman

I was responding to Exodus’s post about teraflex shocks in general. I had their 9550s. A shock was blown at 12k and the stab went at 18k. Oh and the sway bar bushing we’re toast ~30k.

ok.. so, those are Bilsteins not Falcons.. I have those exact shocks on my rig right now.. Apparently, they are "Specially" tuned for AEV's 2.5" lift.. Total horse sh*t!

So, you can't offer any info on the Falcons, but you can on the 9550 which are OEM'd by Blistein.. Thanks for the relevant info Bruh!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have their TF D44 and it is made in the USA, so if their kits are not USA made I will be looking for other options..

Sorry, saying “100% engineered, designed, and built in the USA” does NOT = “Made in the USA”. It's just "good marketing".
NOWHERE on TeraFlex's website or otherwise says anything about "Made in the USA" on ANY of their products because it'd be illegal to do so.

Exodus 4x4

Thanks Exodus Jeeps.. Can you tell me why they are junk? You are obviously the utmost authority on everything that makes TF suck. It also appears you are a retailer/installer, so I am very curious as to your professional opinion..

If I thought it would make a difference, I’d answer your question.

Top Bottom