Got Gas Spraying Out When Filling-Up?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't know. I'm sure I could fight this like before but man, it just takes so much time and effort to do and I just don't know how much it's worth it. It's just so lame that they would still send me these letters in spite of the fact that they have no intensions of helping me. I'm sure that life will go on but, I will say that I'm a little disappointed with Chrysler right now.

I hear that. If your in their system as flagged then why would they even send you a letter? Seems like they should be able to avoid sending letters to those that have been flagged.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe they are confusing Moby with Nemo.

I thought that too but I know for a fact that we got the flag lifted off of Nemo. Unfortunately, this is a VIN specific problem and apparently, Moby had been flagged. :rolleyes2:

GasStationGuy

Re: Got Fuel Spills When Filling-Up?

Finally, I've been having this problem ALOT.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I thought that too but I know for a fact that we got the flag lifted off of Nemo. Unfortunately, this is a VIN specific problem and apparently, Moby had been flagged. :rolleyes2:

That issue you had a while back where you were contacted by the CEO of Chrysler, (I think it was him) was that for Nemo or Moby?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That issue you had a while back where you were contacted by the CEO of Chrysler, (I think it was him) was that for Nemo or Moby?

It was for Nemo. Rubicat has no flag and Bob Baker worked on it without so much as batting an eye in spite of it being highly modified. Moby wasn't flagged by them but, they can't work on it with the flag in place.

DManuel

It was for Nemo. Rubicat has no flag and Bob Baker worked on it without so much as batting an eye in spite of it being highly modified. Moby wasn't flagged by them but, they can't work on it with the flag in place.

Eddie, we can trade Nemo for Moby if you like. This way both of your Jeeps will not be flagged and available for warranty work. We will sacrifice and deal with the flag on Moby. Anything for our friends. Let us know when you can drop Moby off at the house. We will have Nemo all washed up and ready for you. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, we can trade Nemo for Moby if you like. This way both of your Jeeps will not be flagged and available for warranty work. We will sacrifice and deal with the flag on Moby. Anything for our friends. Let us know when you can drop Moby off at the house. We will have Nemo all washed up and ready for you. :)

:cheesy: How nice of you to offer. :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I decided to call Chrysler and see what's up. When I finally get through, I get a pissy impatient lady who basically tells me what I already know. I ask if there's anything she can do for me and so she said she can call my dealership and talk to them about it. So, I give her my service advisors name and number to his direct line and she puts me on hold. After 5 minutes, she comes back and tells me that they don't want to work on my Jeep due to the fact that it is modified. Of course, they are the ones who got done telling me that they are ready to do the fix but can't due to my Jeep being flagged. Either way, I call them up and said that they never got a call from Chrysler and truth be told, I believe them.

Seriously, Chrysler is really disappointing me tonight. :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just glad my warranty will be void in about a year anyway. Sorry to hear your troubles continue Eddie.

eh, it's fine. I just so want to support Chrysler as I love their products but it really sucks when the pull shit like this on you.

Funny thing is, after the Chrysler rep told me that my dealership is the one behind all this, I let her know that they were the ones who told me they were ready to get the job done and that I needed to contact Chrysler to get this cleared. She didn't know what to say and said that her supervisor will have to call me back later. :rolleyes2:

moparnation

Re: Got Fuel Spills When Filling-Up? Don't Get Your Hopes Up...

That sucks man, I love Chrysler products too but its hard to stay behind them when stuff like this happens in a regular basis

sent from my talkitty box

TheDuff

Re: Got Fuel Spills When Filling-Up? Don't Get Your Hopes Up...

Did bob baker in la mesa work on rubicat? Even though I don't have many mods, I'm pretty afraid of this same thing happening to me, especially after I forked over big bucks for the 100k bumper to bumper. So if there is somewhere by me that seems more mod friendly, I would love to know:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Got Fuel Spills When Filling-Up? Don't Get Your Hopes Up...

Well that sucks but I guess you can always fix it yourself or have ORE do it.

Ray ⛺

Chiromancer

eh, it's fine. I just so want to support Chrysler as I love their products but it really sucks when the pull shit like this on you.

Funny thing is, after the Chrysler rep told me that my dealership is the one behind all this, I let her know that they were the ones who told me they were ready to get the job done and that I needed to contact Chrysler to get this cleared. She didn't know what to say and said that her supervisor will have to call me back later. :rolleyes2:

Eddie, I've had some experience on both sides of the phone of customer support and at this point, as soon as the person I am talking to someone who says they have exhausted their resources with what I've decided they need to help me on <grin>, I politely ask to speak to their supervisor. This either gets a call escalated to a tier 2 support member or to someone in management. I ALWAYS remain super respectful, but adamant about coming to a solution. Then, if this fails, I ask to either escalate again or start getting a name an address to write a letter. While I've never had to write the letter, asking for the information got them to concede defeat.

Write down the names of who you talk to and who they say they are talking to. Include hold times and keep a timeline of the conversation. Sometimes it can be extra work, but you've got a couple bucks invested into your jeep at this point, so it is obviously important to you... Even if you just use it to go to the mall and keep saying you know nothing about it:p

Thanks for the heads up... I hate bad customer service and am quite willing to tell them I am unhappy with how a situation is being handled when it warrants it. Getting sent a notification about a warranty issue Chrysler says needs addressed but where they already have your vehicle flagged as being unable to have warranty work done to it certainly qualifies for being unhappy. BBB or another consumer advocacy group may be worth talking to as well if they don't sort this out.

This has happened to mine since day one ill be calling them ASAP and see if I can get this also! Thanks

Moochie

Did bob baker in la mesa work on rubicat? Even though I don't have many mods, I'm pretty afraid of this same thing happening to me, especially after I forked over big bucks for the 100k bumper to bumper. So if there is somewhere by me that seems more mod friendly, I would love to know:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bob Baker in Carlsbad. I've had good service with them.

Nicholas

Man that bites! They won't even fix the gas tank spill issues when none of your mods have anything to due with or even affect it.

@duff rancho jeep on balboa have been good to me up until I went in for my lifetime warranty and my aftermarket driveshaft voided it. :'(

Top Bottom