Got Gas Spraying Out When Filling-Up?

Hatewagon

That does seriously suck Eddie. I'm honestly suprised that is their reaction. That sounds like a safety item to me and should be addressed. I've worked for a Subaru dealer for 18 years and I can tell you we see our share of modded up Subarus and we here still honor a warranty repair like that unless the actualy component has been moddified. Considering what a Jeep is built for its suprising to me. My local dealer has been decent in warranty repairs, but slowly my Jeep is built to the point there is nothing that can be warrantied. Not that it bothers me as there are so many people I know I would allow to touch my Jeep. Sucks man.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That does seriously suck Eddie. I'm honestly suprised that is their reaction. That sounds like a safety item to me and should be addressed. I've worked for a Subaru dealer for 18 years and I can tell you we see our share of modded up Subarus and we here still honor a warranty repair like that unless the actualy component has been moddified. Considering what a Jeep is built for its suprising to me. My local dealer has been decent in warranty repairs, but slowly my Jeep is built to the point there is nothing that can be warrantied. Not that it bothers me as there are so many people I know I would allow to touch my Jeep. Sucks man.

It's frustrating for sure and if I fight it long enough, I'm sure I could get it reversed. My dealership is actually really cool and they are not the ones behind this. It was the last dealership I went to over 5 years ago that's done this to me and now Chrylser is enforcing their decision to flag us. What frustrates me the most is that I am not trying to get suspension or even engine work covered under warranty but rather, a known safety issue that ALL JK's seem to have regardless of how built up they are. It just seems wrong and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So yesterday, I asked if I could speak to Debbie's supervisor and she told me that he was busy. I let her know that I would wait for him and to that, she said that he would call me back later in the day or early the next day (today). So, I asked for his name and she told me it was Bill and hung up the phone.

Fast forward to today at about Noon PST. I still haven't gotten a call. I decide to call back and spoke with Sandy and explained to her that I was supposed to get a call from a supervisor by the name of Bill but have yet to get it. To this, she says that all supervisor calls will be returned by the end of the business day. When I explained that I was told that yesterday and asked to speak with him now, she put me on hold. 10 minutes later, she comes back on, assures me that Bill will be calling me before the end of the day and that she would note that I had called again. It is now almost 9 PM PST. I still haven't gotten a call.

I really love my Jeeps but Chrysler customer service just plain sucks. :rolleyes2:

MTG

Caught the Bug
So yesterday, I asked if I could speak to Debbie's supervisor and she told me that he was busy. I let her know that I would wait for him and to that, she said that he would call me back later in the day or early the next day (today). So, I asked for his name and she told me it was Bill and hung up the phone.

Fast forward to today at about Noon PST. I still haven't gotten a call. I decide to call back and spoke with Sandy and explained to her that I was supposed to get a call from a supervisor by the name of Bill but have yet to get it. To this, she says that all supervisor calls will be returned by the end of the business day. When I explained that I was told that yesterday and asked to speak with him now, she put me on hold. 10 minutes later, she comes back on, assures me that Bill will be calling me before the end of the day and that she would note that I had called again. It is now almost 9 PM PST. I still haven't gotten a call.

I really love my Jeeps but Chrysler customer service just plain sucks. :rolleyes2:

Shocker. :crazyeyes::grayno:

Customer service from most company's sucks balls these days.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
WTF?! Not that it should have anything to do with customer service but I find it ironic how Chrysler mentions Project-JK on there Facebook (back in December maybe?) and now they treat the owner like he is trash.

Not saying they should treat you well just because of your name, they should treat everyone respectfully, I just find that ironic.

So do we know if Bill even exists?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the record, I try really hard NOT to wear who I am or what I do on my shirt sleeves when dealing with things like this. I can't say for sure if it would make a difference if they knew or not but, if it did, I would especially not want them to know. I want to treated just like everyone else so that I can share my experiences as accurately and objectively as possible.

Regarding Facebook, the outside company who runs it has no direct connection to Chrysler. They've just been hired to run their social media.

As far as Bill goes, no, we don't know if he even exists. I'm just building a case so that I can properly elevate things to the next level. If you don't go through the process, you can't go forward.

MTG

Caught the Bug
For the record, I try really hard NOT to wear who I am or what I do on my shirt sleeves when dealing with things like this. I can't say for sure if it would make a difference if they knew or now but, if it did, I would especially not want them to know. I want to treated just like everyone else so that I can share my experiences as accurately and objectively as possible.

Regarding Facebook, the outside company who runs it has no direct connection to Chrysler. They've just been hired to run their social media.

As far as Bill goes, no, we don't know if he even exists. I'm just building a case so that I can properly elevate things to the next level. If you don't go through the process, you can't go forward.

Good for you. :thumb: I'd pull rank if it were me and I could. LOL!

Skid_Kid

Sorry to hear this Eddie. I would like to thank you for pointing me in the direction of Bob Baker Carlsbad though. Even though I had called twice to schedule and confirm my oil change and tire rotation on Betty, when I arrived I was not in the system. But that was not a problem and they took all my personal information, took my keys and were done within an hour. Enough time to walk to the Starbucks with my daughter for a cake pop, some hot cocoa and for her to insist we walk around the lot in search for Moby at her request.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
For the record, I try really hard NOT to wear who I am or what I do on my shirt sleeves when dealing with things like this. I can't say for sure if it would make a difference if they knew or now but, if it did, I would especially not want them to know. I want to treated just like everyone else so that I can share my experiences as accurately and objectively as possible.

Agreed. Just thought it was ironic.

Did not know that. Just when I think I wasn't going to learn anything today. :cheesy:

Well good luck!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, here's an update on things - I just got a call today (yes, a Sunday morning) from Scott, a case manage over at Chrysler. Unfortunately, I missed his call but he did leave a message, provided me with my case number and asked me to call the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center and ask for him. He further went on to say that if he didn't hear back from me by 3 PM eastern time, he would try back again at that time.

Well, being that I just missed him, I tried calling back and spoke with Tracy. When I asked to speak with Scott, she informed me that it was Sunday and that case managers weren't in today. When I informed her that he had just called a few minutes ago and asked for me to call, she said that she would go look for him and have him call me back. I let her know that would be fine and, within 5 minutes, I did get a call from Scott.

As far as our conversations went, the first minute of it was more of me listening to him talk really really fast than anything. I suppose he was just trying to get that in before I could give him any grief. He spent a lot of time apologizing for his staff and for not getting a call from supervisor Bill on Thursday and Friday as was promised to me. Regarding my case, he agreed that the fuel spraying out of the filler port upon refueling would not have been caused by modifications made to my Jeep and assured me that he would escalate my case and push to have it cleared for warranty work. When I asked him how long it would take, he said that he hoped to have this resolved by Monday.

I gotta tell you, I'm not holding my breath but, we'll see....

Moochie

Got Fuel Spills When Filling-Up? Don't Get Your Hopes Up...

Cool! I'm hoping they pull through for you.

defCon5

Okay, here's an update on things - I just got a call today (yes, a Sunday morning) from Scott, a case manage over at Chrysler. Unfortunately, I missed his call but he did leave a message, provided me with my case number and asked me to call the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center and ask for him. He further went on to say that if he didn't hear back from me by 3 PM eastern time, he would try back again at that time.

Well, being that I just missed him, I tried calling back and spoke with Tracy. When I asked to speak with Scott, she informed me that it was Sunday and that case managers weren't in today. When I informed her that he had just called a few minutes ago and asked for me to call, she said that she would go look for him and have him call me back. I let her know that would be fine and, within 5 minutes, I did get a call from Scott.

As far as our conversations went, the first minute of it was more of me listening to him talk really really fast than anything. I suppose he was just trying to get that in before I could give him any grief. He spent a lot of time apologizing for his staff and for not getting a call from supervisor Bill on Thursday and Friday as was promised to me. Regarding my case, he agreed that the fuel spraying out of the filler port upon refueling would not have been caused by modifications made to my Jeep and assured me that he would escalate my case and push to have it cleared for warranty work. When I asked him how long it would take, he said that he hoped to have this resolved by Monday.

I gotta tell you, I'm not holding my breath but, we'll see....

Eddie,

I work for Chrysler Corp and I too find it bullshit that they would "flag" a vehicle due to mods and deny a fix for the gasoline overflow issue. Even totaled vehicles are eligible for recalls. Total bs IMO. It's a safety issue!!! I would bet if you burnt your vehicle to the ground along with the accompanying gas station they would think differently.

defCon5

⬆ Let me clarify:
That is if they ultimately denied the fuel spillage issue.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, I have been down this road before and know that if I work hard enough at it, Chrysler will ultimately help me out. My problem with Chrysler is that you'd have to work at anything at all to get them to address an issue that they know about and know effects their vehicles regardless if it's been modified or not. So that it's clear, it is they who contacted me about the problem and they who said they would be extending the warranty on it to lifetime status and NOT the other way around.

Tackerdown

Banned
Re: Got Fuel Spills When Filling-Up? Don't Get Your Hopes Up...

Is that other dealer still in business , I've got friends . Just kidding. No really I do.

C.O.D.

Top Bottom