Got Gas Spraying Out When Filling-Up?

msax

Got Fuel Spills When Filling-Up? Don't Get Your Hopes Up...

I checked the mail today and found my letter from Chrysler. Currently this hasn't been a problem for me as I only put $60 in the tank at a time. I started doing this after the second time the tank overflowed on me. My question is should I take it in to have it fixed or just live with it currently? I've read a lot of posts of people having this problem "fixed" only to have other problems with their tanks. Thoughts?

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I checked the mail today and found my letter from Chrysler. Currently this hasn't been a problem for me as I only put $60 in the tank at a time. I started doing this after the second time the tank overflowed on me. My question is should I take it in to have it fixed or just live with it currently? I've read a lot of posts of people having this problem "fixed" only to have other problems with their tanks. Thoughts?

What other problems have occurred as a result? I found my letter today, going to look at getting this scheduled. It mistakenly got put into the tax return related mail pile.

StrizzyChris

Re: Got Fuel Spills When Filling-Up? Don't Get Your Hopes Up...

If you are perfectly content with your system of $60 tanks and never have issues, I wouldn't mess with it. Im a fill and top off every time person(to accurately calculate my mpg) so I would like it fixed.

What subsequent problems are you talking about after this fix?

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

msax

First thing I've read is they install a new check valve and the tank still overflows. Others have had their jeep taken in and work started to find out all the parts weren't ordered and they have their jeep stuck at the dealership for days. I've seen most of the complaints over at jkf.

StrizzyChris

First thing I've read is they install a new check valve and the tank still overflows. Others have had their jeep taken in and work started to find out all the parts weren't ordered and they have their jeep stuck at the dealership for days. I've seen most of the complaints over at jkf.

Ah, yeah I've spoke to people who had if fixed and it didn't work. I thought u meant there were mechanical problems with the Jeep after the repair

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

msax

No more of a multiple trips and services to the dealership. I'm just skeptical of Chrysler if they can't fix a known problem on the first try. Main thing I'd worry about is making the overflow worse. Read one case were the tank overflowed after like 3 gallons. And it was on empty.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is that other dealer still in business , I've got friends . Just kidding. No really I do.

C.O.D.

LOL!! Oh yeah, they are and in all fairness, I don't really have a problem with them not wanting to work on my Jeep for a specific issue but, I just don't think it's right that they can flag a Jeep for that one issue and have it effect the vehicle's entire warranty and at any dealership. It's a one strike and you're out and in this case, even if it pertains to a safety issue. It's just nuts me. :naw:

ssh6314

Is there any chance a 2nd owner of a jk with this issue will get a letter like this.:confused:

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any chance a 2nd owner of a jk with this issue will get a letter like this.:confused:

Not sure. The letter I got was VIN specific so, the original owner might get the letter but, the VIN might be in the system. I would talk to your dealership about it or call the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center.

Tackerdown

Banned

LOL!! Oh yeah, they are and in all fairness, I don't really have a problem with them not wanting to work on my Jeep for a specific issue but, I just don't think it's right that they can flag a Jeep for that one issue and have it effect the vehicle's entire warranty and at any dealership. It's a one strike and you're out and in this case, even if it pertains to a safety issue. It's just nuts me. :naw:

I've read that whole write up you had and I must say I'm really shocked at the way it was handled. What can I say that hasn't been said , but this is just even more f'ed up.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well imagine that!! I just got a call from Scott, the case manager over at the Chrysler Customer Assistant Center who contacted me over the weekend and apparently, they are giving my dealership the green light to perform the warranty service. While I am happy to hear that I've won another battle with Chrysler, I will have to say that I'm still frustrated that I had to fight them at all. Anyway, I just thought I would give you an update on how things.

JaySC

I'm in the same boat, except I'm the 3rd owner. Never got a letter. Anyone know how much it will cost for the dealership to make this repair?

Also, for those in the Los Angeles area...are there any Jeep dealerships you recommend? The 2-3 dealerships I have been to seem pretty shady, unfortunately. Thanks in advance.

bosox2978

I'm the second owner and got a letter I have had this problem since buying my 07. Problem is its intermittent and stopped a dealer with the letter and was told they need to put gas in it to verify before they repair it. Mine hasn't done it in a while so I'm sure if I let them have it they won't duplicate the issue. I may try another dealer see if they will just fix it or ill wait till its worse.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

msax

I'm the third owner of my jk and received the letter. I didn't buy it off a jeep/Chrysler lot. I'm pretty sure that if u've had any work done on your jk at any jeep dealership they will have the vin associated with you and send you any pertinent recalls/warranty.

Trail JK

Well imagine that!! I just got a call from Scott, the case manager over at the Chrysler Customer Assistant Center who contacted me over the weekend and apparently, they are giving my dealership the green light to perform the warranty service. While I am happy to hear that I've won another battle with Chrysler, I will have to say that I'm still frustrated that I had to fight them at all. Anyway, I just thought I would give you an update on how things.

:thumb: awesome! Happy to hear you won this one.

Top Bottom