Half doors....who's got 'em?

MTG

Caught the Bug
They make these for a 4-door too but, here's what they look like...

main.php

main.php

Nice. Do they rattle? You know how I am about squeaks and rattles. :cheesy:

rtguy1

Those are a lot more solid, especially in the protection area if that's your concern. There's a video on them and they are heavy with the skins. Like WOL said, the price is much better too. Not just crazy. I'm not sure if you have seen the strike force doors in person, but you know how you feel when you open a package from EVO and you're like holy shit that's awesome? Yeah, it won't be like that. They look like they cost about $30 each to make IMO.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Those are a lot more solid, especially in the protection area if that's your concern. There's a video on them and they are heavy with the skins. Like WOL said, the price is much better too. Not just crazy. I'm not sure if you have seen the strike force doors in person, but you know how you feel when you open a package from EVO and you're like holy shit that's awesome? Yeah, it won't be like that. They look like they cost about $30 each to make IMO.

Yeah, I saw them at SEMA. I disagree with your opinion on their quality, but thanks for chiming in. :)

biggy

There is nothing better then going doorless imo. Save some money :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
quality on the sfz is good...my main thing was weight since they are 17lb....those ones eddie posted look nice tho

JAGS

Hooked
There is nothing better then going doorless imo. Save some money :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

This isn't an option. If you saw the earlier post, he's got two young children in the back. My kids are a little bit older and I wouldn't think about running doorless, at least not with them back there, but that's just me. I totally understand the doorless fans but also the want for half doors when kids are in the equation.

The bestop ones look pretty good and a great price point. Good luck finding what you like MTG (B.M.F.).:yup:

Briguy114

You could always just get a set of half doors for the rear. You wouldn't have to spend $1250. If you go on JK-F I think SFZ is still doing special pricing which would be $550 for rear set with free shipping. Not a bargain, but it will save you some cash

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
You could always just get a set of half doors for the rear. You wouldn't have to spend $1250. If you go on JK-F I think SFZ is still doing special pricing which would be $550 for rear set with free shipping. Not a bargain, but it will save you some cash

I have only had the doors off 2 days this year and I left the back doors on for the kids sake. The 8yr old likes it but the 5yr old is uneasy and is still in a booster so I prefer not to have him exposed with no door.

I have seriously considered buying the tube style doors for the front. I'm not concerned about the weight because there's no way any half door weighs as much as the factory door that is on there now. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Have you ever considered something like the Bestop tube doors with the metal skins? They're a really nice setup, will give the "look" you're looking for and will cost a lot less.

In case anyone else cares:

~$1000 for the Bestop Element tube doors and metal skin.

~$1100 for the SFZ on sale until the 15th. I read the thread at that other place and didn't like the response about what happens if you paint them. I had also previously read about them warping in the heat. Not sure if that has been resolved. :(

~$1400 for rugged ridge.

AP2003

Not at all. Close very tight also. Good height for resting my arm too. Just put them on today.. No issues yet

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom