Hawaii Anvil 2015 Rubicon/AEV JK350

jesse3638

Hooked
Be happy to...bring cash...

Off topic question. What is a fair or rule of thumb cash offer on a house? 10% less than asking price? Curious because I'm selling and didn't want to turn down a good offer.

Back on track now. I'm sure selling locally would be a win win for both of you. Hope it all works out.

BaddestCross

Off topic question. What is a fair or rule of thumb cash offer on a house? 10% less than asking price? Curious because I'm selling and didn't want to turn down a good offer.

Back on track now. I'm sure selling locally would be a win win for both of you. Hope it all works out.
When I was an active broker, I advised never to give a discount for cash because the seller receives all cash regardless of who is giving it - the buyers or the buyer's bank. If there are multiple offers, all cash may rise to the top of the stack if all else is equal though.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Brute

Hooked

When I was an active broker, I advised never to give a discount for cash because the seller receives all cash regardless of who is giving it - the buyers or the buyer's bank. If there are multiple offers, all cash may rise to the top of the stack if all else is equal though.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

This is correct...you never discount for cash...however, if all offers are at the asking price, then a cash offer usually is first in line since there is less of a chance of the deal falling thru in escrow.

Of all the properties we have made offers on, we have always offered below asking price, but offer cash and quick closing dates; only once did we offer a full asking price...and we did not get the property due to another all cash offer which was above asking price.

jesse3638

Hooked

--

This is correct...you never discount for cash...however, if all offers are at the asking price, then a cash offer usually is first in line since there is less of a chance of the deal falling thru in escrow.

Of all the properties we have made offers on, we have always offered below asking price, but offer cash and quick closing dates; only once did we offer a full asking price...and we did not get the property due to another all cash offer which was above asking price.

Thanks that is what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being hard headed and missing something. Also my thought process on a price reduction as due to the market going flat in my area we are now listed to the high side of the comps. If someone is interested their realtor will advise them of this and they can offer a bit lower or what they think its worth. If I was priced way too high then yes I'd bring it down to a more reasonable asking price.

BaddestCross

Thanks that is what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being hard headed and missing something. Also my thought process on a price reduction as due to the market going flat in my area we are now listed to the high side of the comps. If someone is interested their realtor will advise them of this and they can offer a bit lower or what they think its worth. If I was priced way too high then yes I'd bring it down to a more reasonable asking price.
If your place is sitting on the market it's priced too high. No showings, way high. Showings but no offers, a bit high. If you're truly interested in selling, you should be revisiting the comps and market activity monthly at the very least and weekly if you are really serious.

Many in the industry say that fall and winter is the worst time to sell, but I found that those looking during this time are really serious because the HAVE to move for some reason.

--

WJCO

Meme King
Ed, I'm highly considering trading you some rare potato chips and some cash (a couple of Abraham Lincolns) for both your house and Jeep. Maybe some fine wine, we can negotiate.

jesse3638

Hooked
If your place is sitting on the market it's priced too high. No showings, way high. Showings but no offers, a bit high. If you're truly interested in selling, you should be revisiting the comps and market activity monthly at the very least and weekly if you are really serious.

Many in the industry say that fall and winter is the worst time to sell, but I found that those looking during this time are really serious because the HAVE to move for some reason.

--

Yeah we are serious but there may be a potential job opportunity in the coming month or two and I'd hate to move twice so I am kind of dragging my feet a bit now to see what happens there.

Edit: I also don't want to end up moving during the holidays either so either way we may pull it and re-list during the spring.

Brute

Hooked
Ed, I'm highly considering trading you some rare potato chips and some cash (a couple of Abraham Lincolns) for both your house and Jeep. Maybe some fine wine, we can negotiate.

I'd consider some MD20...as long as it wasn't opened for more than two weeks...

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Well damn if i had found this forum 4 months earlier I would have the same vehicle I have now at the same price but with drivetrain engine and other upgrades :). Good luck with the sale !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Ok...getting ready to ship this to San Diego in four months and drive it to Henderson NV...$46K to non members, $42K to active members...act before I trade it in for a JT...

Membership has value...

Napalm

Ok...getting ready to ship this to San Diego in four months and drive it to Henderson NV...$46K to non members, $42K to active members...act before I trade it in for a JT...

Membership has value...

That’s an incredible deal. If I would have seen this before buying my JL, I might have jumped on it!

GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug

Membership has value...

God damn, for that price I'd consider trading in my '17... Let me think on this and consider whether a divorce is worth it (not sure if that's a con or pro).

Top Bottom